Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Real Comedy Central with Danny Dowling April 26th

• 14-04-2012 4:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

The Real Comedy Central returns to The Wolftrap Tullamore on April 26th.

Free Entry. Doors 9.00. Show 9.30. Spot prizes on the night.

A wonder-full night of stand up comedy is guaranteed as the amazing Danny Dowling headline's. This Galway based New Zealand comic has been tearing rooms apart with his version of life in Ireland. Winner of Come Dine With Me Ireland with the highest score in the series. Danny has supported Tommy Tiernan, The Rubberbandits and toured with Glenn Wool. He was hand picked for the 2010 & 2011 Electric Picnic Main Comedy Tent and reviewed as "The best début at one of Ireland's best Festivals". Danny been Described as:
    "F***ing Brilliant " Olaf Tyransen - Evening Herald.
    "Superbly Unhinged" Hotpress.
    "The most exciting thing in remote comedy" The Guardian.

Also on the bill is Fj Murray. Tedfest winner FJ Murray is a former priest turned comedian who has been steadily making a name for himself in comedy clubs from Slane to San Franscisco and from Belfast to somewhere else beginning with B. "Hilarious" - Edinburgh Evening News

Shannon Siew also graces the stage and the MC for the event is Jonathan Sheehan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

Do you work there per chance??? With their free room and nice food?? Not complaining mind you,just curious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

No I don't work there, but run events there and the staff has always been great. I also drink there often and they always seem to make an effort with theme nights and the food is very good there.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

Good spot alright,although havent been in for a while. Might chance the comedy thing ....good luck with it if its your event!

Thanks, hope you can make it down for the event. It we get good numbers will do it again and hope to turn it in to a regular thing.

Thanks for all those who came to the event last night. It was a great night. Tonight in the Wolftrap there doing take me out. Should be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

Really good night, pity there wasn't a bigger crowd. There wasn't much advertising. This was the only place I could find details of it. The wolftrap facebook page hadn't been updated.

Thanks for coming down. I would disagree about the advertising. We had posters all over town, ads and article's in the local paper and flyers. Along with a plug from Midlands 103. Plus various places along the internet. I'm not to sure about the wolftrap facebook as wasn't in charge of that. But thanks again for coming down and hoped you had a good night.

Advertisement