Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys for young children in Limerick?

• 14-04-2012 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hey guys!
    Anyone have a recommendation for where I might get something unusual as a present for a 2 year old boy in Limerick? Trying to avoid the usual mothercare etc., and was thinking of something irish artisan / crafty like the red rufus sock dogs etc. / avoca stuff which I have seen in Dublin.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Can't think of anywhere really anymore in Limerick that does this kind of thing, but there is a shop in Killaloe that does wooden toys. I've put a link to their website.

http://www.ansiopabeag.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

World of Wonder out by the Parkway? Limerick FB page and is Irish owned (the website is saying it too World of Wonder) so maybe you might have some luck there.
    Otherwise Smyths near the Jetland or Childer's Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Hey guys!
    Anyone have a recommendation for where I might get something unusual as a present for a 2 year old boy in Limerick? Trying to avoid the usual mothercare etc., and was thinking of something irish artisan / crafty like the red rufus sock dogs etc. / avoca stuff which I have seen in Dublin.

Art and hobby shop in the crescent..
    There's also an early learning centre there too which can have some nice stuff. (it's in the mothercare store)
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Art and hobby shop in the crescent
    Marty.
    ^ it's in town as well where Birthdays used to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

^ not near as well stocked tho....

• Advertisement
Advertisement