Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

debit/credit card being used but not by me?

• 14-04-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

i got my statement in the mail there a week ago. and i noticed nearly every week for/ the last month 20-30 being taken out and put into a paddy power account. and today online and i saw that 50 euro was taken out today at 3.15. how this is possible i do not know, i dont have a paddy power account . ive called the helpline but to no avail. should i at this stage go to the police or what. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sounds like you've a gambling problem to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mikros

I'm assuming no one else has permission to access your card?

Every bank will have a 24 hour number to ring to report stolen/lost card.

Ring your bank. Report unauthorised transactions. Get card cancelled. They will advise you on the necessary steps to take and will investigate if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

brownlad wrote: »
    i got my statement in the mail there a week ago. and i noticed nearly every week for/ the last month 20-30 being taken out and put into a paddy power account. and today online and i saw that 50 euro was taken out today at 3.15. how this is possible i do not know, i dont have a paddy power account . ive called the helpline but to no avail. should i at this stage go to the police or what. thanks.

Well you've been the victim of fraud obviously then. It is someone who has access to your cards and knows a bit about you. Its most likely someone you know who has a bit of a gambling problem I'd say.

Shouldn't be too hard to catch I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Call your bank. My bank rang me sometime last year to say there had been some 'inconsistent activity' on my card, then proceeded to go down a list of transactions so I could tell them whether I made them or not, and one or two I definitely didn't, small amounts like two or three euro, then the big one, for 1100 euro, a one way flight to Australia and hotel booking. :eek:
    Needless to say they cancelled the card and sent me a new one. Was a bit of hassle coz I had the card registered with Paypal and ebay etc so had to change my card details but I'm glad someone was on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Mikros wrote: »
    I'm assuming no one else has permission to access your card?

Every bank will have a 24 hour number to ring to report stolen/lost card.

Ring your bank. Report unauthorised transactions. Get card cancelled. They will advise you on the necessary steps to take and will investigate if necessary.

thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I'm busted.

Well you've been the victim of fraud obviously then. It is someone who has access to your cards and knows a bit about you. Its most likely someone you know who has a bit of a gambling problem I'd say.

thanks mate... i dont want to make any confrontations and wind up being wrong but i do have a fair idea of some one who might. can the bank help me track down where the withdrawals are being made , or better yet the adress/computer of the source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

kincsem wrote: »
    I'm busted.
    Any winners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Pissed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

kincsem wrote: »
    I'm busted.
    Didn't they break up?

Unboptinkabopbopunbop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

You could look into which Paddy Power account the money is being put into to find the person I guess

But cancel your card first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

If its a visa or mastercard you'll be able to reverse unauthorized transactions. Ring the number on the back of the card, not the bank.

I had a similar problem. Went into the bank and they told me there was nothing that could be done. I called the number on the bank of the card and Visa reversed the money straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

thanks mate... i dont want to make any confrontations and wind up being wrong but i do have a fair idea of some one who might. can the bank help me track down where the withdrawals are being made , or better yet the adress/computer of the source?

oppenheimer seems to have the best explanation. A real fraudster would withdraw more in keeping with what Johro experienced. You could try asking PP what times the account played at and tally that with your suspects gambles or plays at.

You didn't say if it was PaddyPowerPoker or the PP Bookie. The poker might well have hand histories saved to the computer used.

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Pissed?
    yes i am
    Naomi00 wrote: »
    You could look into which Paddy Power account the money is being put into to find the person I guess

But cancel your card first

canceled the card but i dont know how to find the name
    Tonto86 wrote: »
    If its a visa or mastercard you'll be able to reverse unauthorized transactions. Ring the number on the back of the card, not the bank.

I had a similar problem. Went into the bank and they told me there was nothing that could be done. I called the number on the bank of the card and Visa reversed the money straight away
    its a laser card...good/bad?
    tricky D wrote: »
    oppenheimer seems to have the best explanation. A real fraudster would withdraw more in keeping with what Johro experienced. You could try asking PP what times the account played at and tally that with your suspects gambles or plays at.

You didn't say if it was PaddyPowerPoker or the PP Bookie. The poker might well have hand histories saved to the computer used.

thanks man. il look into that.

added up its a total of 260 taken. :( . fml

Advertisement