Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark brown to blonde

• 14-04-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I am bored with my hair. It's a dark chocolately brown (permanent dye because I have grey hairs, even though I am just 19!). My natural colour is a duller version of the dye, but just as dark.

I tried to go blonde once, in a hairdressers, and ended up like a stripey, ginger zebra. I also paid €100 for the privilege. This put me off anything but brown for the past few years but now I want to go different. I'm thinking of using Colour B4, followed by bleach (maybe 2 sessions) and finishing with a blonde hair dye. Any tips, or is there a better way to do it myself (I'm a poor student!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am bored with my hair. It's a dark chocolately brown (permanent dye because I have grey hairs, even though I am just 19!). My natural colour is a duller version of the dye, but just as dark.

I tried to go blonde once, in a hairdressers, and ended up like a stripey, ginger zebra. I also paid €100 for the privilege. This put me off anything but brown for the past few years but now I want to go different. I'm thinking of using Colour B4, followed by bleach (maybe 2 sessions) and finishing with a blonde hair dye. Any tips, or is there a better way to do it myself (I'm a poor student!)

LilMissCiara I started going from dark brown to blonde last August and it took til January. I went to hairdressers and got full heads of highlights and didn't get hair stripped (as I think it is very damaging for hair!) I really wouldn't recommend you doing this yourself as your hair will most likely turn ginger and it will cost you more in the long run to fix it! If you are on a budget check out www.salonaddict.ie or www.mydealpage.ie as they have great deals! Also check with salons in your area as they may offer 1/2 price deals for trainees to do your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I'm naturally dark, dark brown, but have a lot of grey. I've had grey hair since I was 16, so have been using permanent colour to cover it since then. It's at the stage now, where the grey is resistant and can't be coloured to my natural tone, so I took the plunge and went lighter.

ColourB4 is a wonderful product-I've used it myself with great results. You need to read the instructions, when it says rinse it out for at least ten minutes, you really need to rinse it out for at least 20. It will not damage your hair, but your hair will be left very soft. A good conditioner will help this. Your hair will be left with a slightly copper tone-this is a residue of the dark hair dye you have been using, use an ash blonde semi permanent colour to tone this down and you'll be fine.

After a few weeks you should put a blonde colour through, but please, please, please, don't bleach your hair!!!! If your aren't 100% sure of what you're doing, you will ruin it and end up with a stripey ginger mess!! To be very honest, depending on the pattern of your greying, the blonde hair dye will probably end up looking like highlights anyway-I know mine does. If you really want to have highlights, get them done in a salon. The upkeep is expensive, but you don't risk damage.

Advertisement