Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! cannot finish college course

Options
  • 14-04-2012 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi guys!

A friend of mine is currently on back to education allowance for his college course.
    Unfortunatley due to personal reasons he cannot finish the course :(
    does that mean he will not qualify for BTEA if he chooses to do a different course in the future??

any help will be greatly appriciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nataliewalsh9

Hi,

I found this on the Department of Social welfare site, here's the link:
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/operationalguidelines/pages/bte_all.aspx

"1.14.8 Drop out of course

"A BTEA participant who fails to complete, or drops out of a course will not be permitted on to the scheme to pursue a different course unless the Department is satisfied that certain circumstances pertain. The condition may be waived where there are mitigating circumstances, for which evidence must be provided, that would make it unreasonable to expect a person to have continued the course. Recovery of amounts paid may be considered."

I hope this helps.

Natalie

Advertisement