Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No server queue's in GW2.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

What i would like to see in games like WoW, SWTOR and GW2 is this:

1.WoW's Real ID feature, so you can have friends on other servers and able to chat with them and invite for raids and battlegrounds/warzones. (Well done blizzard)

2.The Ablilty to invite people from other servers to your guild ( while they stay on their own server ), Share guild chat, guild bank etc This would get rid of alot of peoples need to transfer servers. Suppose you joined a server with some friends but you play times are more late night time. You could join a guild on an american server ( in the case of swtor ) raid with them yet still interact with your mates on your server. OR if ur mates are on another server you can join their guild with your character and raid with them without having to transfer.

3.Correct me if im wrong but didnt guild wars have a feature to leave your server and move to another instantly if your server was very full? something like that could work well if it moved people to pve servers. If they were pvp servers people might overuse the feature. so it would be handy for people just wanting to quest together. The gw2 overflow server covers this nicely. (Well done ArenaNet )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Omphin wrote: »

3.Correct me if im wrong but didnt guild wars have a feature to leave your server and move to another instantly if your server was very full? something like that could work well if it moved people to pve servers. If they were pvp servers people might overuse the feature. so it would be handy for people just wanting to quest together. The gw2 overflow server covers this nicely. (Well done ArenaNet )

Guild wars didn't have a server system in the usual sense. It had different instances of areas and you could move freely between them, you would be put in them automatically depending on population in other instances, this has changed somewhat since the game came out though with most places only having one instance whereas when the game was new some popular areas would have 5-10 instances!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

What i would like to see in games like WoW, SWTOR and GW2 is this:

1.WoW's Real ID feature, so you can have friends on other servers and able to chat with them and invite for raids and battlegrounds/warzones. (Well done blizzard)

2.The Ablilty to invite people from other servers to your guild ( while they stay on their own server ), Share guild chat, guild bank etc This would get rid of alot of peoples need to transfer servers. Suppose you joined a server with some friends but you play times are more late night time. You could join a guild on an american server ( in the case of swtor ) raid with them yet still interact with your mates on your server. OR if ur mates are on another server you can join their guild with your character and raid with them without having to transfer.

1. GW1 did this and as far as I'm aware it's being implemented in GW2 as well, so if you add me on my Guardian Pox you would know if I relogged to my Ranger Duit.

2/3. Pretty sure GW2 is going with the same server method as GW1, where you could switch to different servers with a few clicks. Also in GW2 you can join multiple guilds, so I can play with youse lads from boards and also my buddies who came across from WoW.

teishen wrote: »

2/3. Also in GW2 you can join multiple guilds, so I can play with youse lads from boards and also my buddies who came across from WoW.

That provided you are on the same server yes? or can you be in a guild that on a different server?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

That provided you are on the same server yes? or can you be in a guild that on a different server?

From everything that I've read, all of the servers will be linked up, so if you're playing on Basilik Droid and I'm on The Fatman, I can swap to your server for giggles easily and join your guild, while also being in a guild on The Fatman. There will be penalties when it comes to WvW I'm sure, to stop people jumping from their losing server to a winning one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In GW2 you choose a Home server, which will be the server you represent when doing WvWvW (PvP). But you are able to move between any of the servers as often as you like apparently. So while your home server may be different, you can still group and quest with friends on other servers.

Kiith wrote: »
    In GW2 you choose a Home server, which will be the server you represent when doing WvWvW (PvP). But you are able to move between any of the servers as often as you like apparently. So while your home server may be different, you can still group and quest with friends on other servers.

Would be great to have a nominated Irish Server. We did for SWTOR but they were spread out over 2 factions and 4 guilds. Would be nice to fight alongside the rest of u guys

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Would be great to have a nominated Irish Server. We did for SWTOR but they were spread out over 2 factions and 4 guilds. Would be nice to fight alongside the rest of u guys

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

+1

+2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

in my humble experience..boards.ie mmo guilds are usually the kiss of death:-p lol:p though im in the boards guild in the beta atm

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    in my humble experience..boards.ie mmo guilds are usually the kiss of death:-p lol:p though im in the boards guild in the beta atm

My suggestion would be to carry the beta boards guild into another guild at launch. Dont depend on only irish players to make up the numbers. Recruit from boards but then find a very active guild at launch and merge with them

Advertisement