Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose bikes

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

smacl wrote: »
    And my bike finally arrived this morning, 15 weeks after being ordered! More later this evening after work once I get to open the box.

There's always lunchtime ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

And my bike finally arrived this morning, 15 weeks after being ordered! More later this evening after work once I get to open the box.

perfect weather for a ride this evening too :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Fian wrote: »
    perfect weather for a ride this evening too :P

Only managed a short one round a local park with the youngest and her dog in support, but smiling ear to ear all the same. First time using Shimano shifting after a few years on Campag Xenon and then Veloce, and found it very smooth if a bit weird starting out. Loving the Ultegra and how it works with so little pressure on the upshifts, Disc brakes seem very unresponsive, and I'm guessing need adjustment, though no idea how. A bit of youtubing later is called for, wouldn't take it on a steep descent as things stand. The wide tyres on grass and gravel are great, as is having drops when not on tarmac. Not the best pic, as was losing light and saddle and stem need adjustment, but here she is;

359969.JPG

Old Ridley getting retired to the turbo as soon as I finish this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Only managed a short one round a local park with the youngest and her dog in support, but smiling ear to ear all the same. First time using Shimano shifting after a few years on Campag Xenon and then Veloce, and found it very smooth if a bit weird starting out. Loving the Ultegra and how it works with so little pressure on the upshifts, Disc brakes seem very unresponsive, and I'm guessing need adjustment, though no idea how. A bit of youtubing later is called for, wouldn't take it on a steep descent as things stand. The wide tyres on grass and gravel are great, as is having drops when not on tarmac. Not the best pic, as was losing light and saddle and stem need adjustment, but here she is;

359969.JPG

Discs take a good 100km to bed in.

Discs take a good 100km to bed in.

Cheers, just found this article on BikeRadar and will try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Nice looking bike. Funnily enough, I also ordered a Rose sometime ago, had almost forgotten about it and it too was delivered same day as yours-CDX 3000, with a few fancy bits added on (Ksyrium disc pro wheels). There was even a goodie bag in the box with two tubes and a pair of Conti GP 4000s II 25mm tyres, which I hadn't ordered! Or maybe they do that for everyone who buys the Mavic wheel-tyre combo? Anyway, a nice unexpected surprise. Haven't taken her for a spin yet, will hopefully do so this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Congratulations - glad she was worth the wait. Strangely enough i also retired a ridley to the turbo (+ probably winter) when my rose arrived.

Can I ask fellow purchasers in this thread - which mudguards to fit?

Ideally I would like something easy to add/remove (but i could live with permanent fixtures) and of course the bike does not have mounts. Part of the reason I wanted the disc brakes is for wet days, mudguards would also be nice to have in those circumstances!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Cheers, just found this article on BikeRadar and will try it out.

Jawesome!

Bookmarked for the next set of pads!

Fian wrote: »
    Congratulations - glad she was worth the wait. Strangely enough i also retired a ridley to the turbo (+ probably winter) when my rose arrived.

Can I ask fellow purchasers in this thread - which mudguards to fit?

Ideally I would like something easy to add/remove (but i could live with permanent fixtures) and of course the bike does not have mounts. Part of the reason I wanted the disc brakes is for wet days, mudguards would also be nice to have in those circumstances!

Like minds. I also order up a set of mudguards and a rack with the aspiration of some light touring, but am now in two minds about fitting them because I love how light the bike is. I went for SKS 55 cross mudguards because the plan is to run the bike on wider spiked tyres over the winter (used these on my hybrid to good effect last winter).

My goody bag arrived empty, but they did chuck me a €50 voucher for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Anyone on one of the latest rose frame, the X-lite Team? Considering making a move. Would love to get some feedback.

Anyone riding a X-Lite CW, hardly a review kind on-line about it. Quite distinctive looking, but not sure on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 marcof11

I have ordered an X-Lite  CDX 8800 . I put the order in September. In November they said that their computer had a problem and I could not pay by credit card, but  I had to do a bank transfer. I was not happy about it .  they said that if I canceled the order and re-enter it I could use my credit card.So I did loosing my place in the queue.  I now waiting for a possible delivery in January/ February. Not sure if they have delivered any yet since is a new 2017 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

Sept to Feb waiting , i'd have lost the plot !!
    is this the norm with Rose ? was considering a Rose ...maybe not now although it say 4weeks when i get that far...
    anybody else got any experiences good or bad with Rose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

devonp wrote: »
    Sept to Feb waiting , i'd have lost the plot !!
    is this the norm with Rose ? was considering a Rose ...maybe not now although it say 4weeks when i get that far...
    anybody else got any experiences good or bad with Rose?

Presume you still only have to pay a week or 2 before when they have a build date fixed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marcof11

yes I have not paid yet. probably will be when they are ready to ship.
    To be fair this is a new 2017 model and I was told that the earliest would have been December. If you order an existing model it should be much less. time I am not too bothered since it is winter and I have another bike..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Mine took less than quoted to arrive (by about 2 weeks) so was only a few weeks of waiting. I think it was around a 4-5 week wait in the end (I'd have to check to be sure, but definitely not months of waiting!)
    The bike arrived really well boxed up and the only hassle I had in the 12 months I've had it was the carbon seat post sinking into the frame initially. Hairspray sorted that out (a boardsie recommendation).
    12 months on and I still love the bike.

Advertisement