Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good price for a 2nd hand longboard?

Options
  • 14-04-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at picking up my first longboard and want to get a 2nd hand one. I viewed one today, a McTavish (?), 9' 5" in very good condition, but it'll cost £300. It's 8 years old - does this sound like a good deal?

Alternatively there's a Town & Country K-Star (again ?) for £300, which comes with a leash, but I haven't viewed it and I don't know how old it is.

There's a shop in town that's selling a brand new 9' 6" board, with leash, wax and a bag for a little over £400 - would I be better off doing something like this?

Are these the sort of prices I should be expecting for 2nd hand boards?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good longboards are pricey. I got mine 2nd hand and it was 350. If that McTavish is in good condition then 300 is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Good longboards are pricey. I got mine 2nd hand and it was 350. If that McTavish is in good condition then 300 is a bargain.

Even if it's 8 years old?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SuprSi wrote: »
    Even if it's 8 years old?

Yeah, if they're in good condition they hold their value pretty well. I'm sure you could bargain a little bit off the asking price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Depends what condition the board is in, if it hasn't been dinged and is water tight than it should be fine otherwise there are plenty of good longboards for sale at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

There's some on Longboard Ireland forum from what I remember, possibly a McTavish but could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Which mc t is it?
    Iv a fire ball that's 7years old and we've tried our best to kill each other over the years but still going strong and a red line that's probably 4/5 years old and again, iv hammered it but still solid.

Logs generally stand up a whole lot longer then most. Iv one from '63 in the shed that's still solid.

Advertisement