Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AH has gone **** lately eh?

• 14-04-2012 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

yay or neigh?

has AH gone crap? 78 votes

yay
    0% 0 votes
    nay
    78% 61 votes
    couldnt give an atari ass
    21% 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

True

Horse reference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

The amount of animal welfare threads is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's about the same, except with a greater number of extreme right-wing lunatics posting unfounded nonsense about anyone who isn't a middle-aged white Irish man, then disappearing when they're challenged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We haven't had a good taxi bashing thread in aaaages

They used to be very common

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Needs moar Boobies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

benwavner wrote: »
    Needs moar Boobies

(.)(.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

IM0 wrote: »
    yay or neigh?

...because...???

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

(.)(.)

More

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The death knell of After Hours, you heard it here first.

The revolution will not be on After Hours

(.)(.)

Yet more

• Advertisement

(.)(.)

A little help please :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I figure this is as good as any place to make my 400 post. Go me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

yay or neigh?

In the mane, yes. People tend to hoof in answers without thinking and this doesn't really provide a stable discursive platform. I'll tends to saddle the mods with a lot of pony threads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I voted neigh because I like apples.

It's about the same, except with a greater number of extreme right-wing lunatics posting unfounded nonsense about anyone who isn't a middle-aged white Irish man, then disappearing when they're challenged.

I think it is a fair representation of Ireland as a whole. Right wing lunatics are everywhere so it would make sense that as Boards traffic increases so would the number of these type of posters.

Anyway as you say a quick challenge to their ideals and off they go. Strangely coincidental that the schools are on holidays :pac:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

well sea now thats just uncald four :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I never liked the place

phasers wrote: »
    I never liked the place

Why? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Ah it's grand, this place used to be just fields years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

well sea now thats just uncald four :mad:

Oh! Sweet Jebus. I need to go to my happy place.....la la lala la, la la lala la....

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    I never liked the place

They took you in when you had nowhere else to go, and this is how you repay them? You make me sick

Good day.

I said good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I think it is a fair representation of Ireland as a whole. Right wing lunatics are everywhere so it would make sense that as Boards traffic increases so would the number of these type of posters.

Anyway as you say a quick challenge to their ideals and off they go. Strangely coincidental that the schools are on holidays :pac:

I think it's only a fair representation of a certain demographic, which has become clear from polls on AH that don't reflect election results or census results even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

hmm, where is all this right wingism? Lots of anti-traveller stuff but not seeing the rest of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I just had a look at the recent history of threads you've started, OP. Is there perhaps a correlation? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Well stop posting retarded f***ing polls and come up with a decent topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

token101 wrote: »

Smells of effort.

hmm, where is all this right wingism? Lots of anti-traveller stuff but not seeing the rest of it.

Plenty of immigants taking our social welfare, single mothers are parasites solely responsible for having unprotected sex, Irish wimminz are bitches, criminals who are poor should be killed or jailed for life and other such nonsense.

Some highlights lately: a poster declaring that they wouldn't let facts get in the way of their opinion that transgender people were freaks, and two separate threads with a number of posters gleefully celebrating the death of a sixteen-year old criminal who had been brought up in a life of crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Ban all the moaners and ranters, that'll sort it out.

/end rant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

its all about travellers, tax, foreign nationals & lidl

• Advertisement

token101 wrote: »

retarded pols are the best though :( and thats just sick thinking I would post them through the mail :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Was thinking it was that time of the month ...

The monthly "AH has gone to **** thread"...

I like AH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

Plenty of immigants taking our social welfare, single mothers are parasites solely responsible for having unprotected sex, Irish wimminz are bitches, criminals who are poor should be killed or jailed for life and other such nonsense..

Yeah, Irish 'wimmins' seem to be getting a bit of a going over lately, but if they want to live in their little fantasy worlds with their exotic 'girlfriends', let them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

yay or neigh?

Horse Sh!te

Evie90 wrote: »
    Yeah, Irish 'wimmins' seem to be getting a bit of a going over lately, but if they want to live in their little fantasy worlds with their exotic 'girlfriends', let them!

That'd be fine, but haven't you heard that all men have a god-given right to a good woman!?

What with men being brainwashed into thinking we don't have that right and women are better than us, and women being brainwashed into thinking they should only settle for the most impossibly handsome men, is it any wonder straight white men are the most oppressed minority in the world?

*has brainstorm, e-mails Daily Mail about male-Samantha-Brick-angle piece*

its all about travellers, tax, foreign nationals & lidl

And the metric system, don't forget the metric system!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I am not seeing any of that on the front page of AH right now. Right now its all about the poor idle iddle iddle didums horses, and the rest are about the evils of the Catholic Church. I jest. Just a little. BUt I jest,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not enough threads about foreign travellers working & signing,then spending the money on cheap booze instead of going to the pub.

I am not seeing any of that on the front page of AH right now. Right now its all about the poor idle iddle iddle didums horses, and the rest are about the evils of the Catholic Church. I jest. Just a little. BUt I jest,

You're not going to find them all together, but you've got "What do women want? and why isn't it me?" on the front page, and travellers (two threads), burglars and headscarves on page two, and right at the top of page three is "Unpopular opinions" which is just full of concentrated rabbling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

mikemac1 wrote: »
    We haven't had a good taxi bashing thread in aaaages

They used to be very common

I remember them fondly.
    stovelid wrote: »
    In the mane, yes. People tend to hoof in answers without thinking and this doesn't really provide a stable discursive platform. I'll tends to saddle the mods with a lot of pony threads too.

Well horse about that.
    Where To wrote: »
    Ban all the moaners and ranters, that'll sort it out.

/end rant

Banned.
    And the metric system, don't forget the metric system!!!

Royale with cheese FTW. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

zerks wrote: »
    Not enough threads about foreign travellers working & signing,then spending the money on cheap booze instead of going to the pub.

These foreign travellers are from Nigeria, a lot are single mothers with free council houses while the rest provide a terrible taxi service, steal our wimmins and then eat our swans too

We need a thread to highlight this issue :mad:

Ding, Ding, I've just achieved AH bingo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I am on long enough to realise it repeats itself a lot. So yeigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

So what exactly did AH have to talk about before recession gloom..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

44leto wrote: »
    I am on long enough to realise it repeats itself a lot. So yeigh.
    I'm on it even longer so it's best to browse and pick the best of of a bad bunch and avoid the ' groundhog days '
    saa wrote: »
    How many holidays one had in the year ,the price of ones house , how many cars in the driveway... the usual pompous syhte .

saa wrote: »

lots more light hearted stuff. which is what it should be. Im fairly sure there are lots of posters posting with political agendas and politics in mind. and with that said THERES A WHOLE FORUM JUST FOR PO!!

a good example of the former is the do you wipe your cock after a piss or put it straight in your jocks. moar of this kind of thread and more Kfallon threads too. most of his are cool and lite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

AH has been shite for years. Pre-2007 it was tolerable, pre-2004 it was good, not as many useless, useless and endless bullshit topics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

i agree about the light hearted stuff, that's what I come here for.

AskMyChocolate's the man for the topics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

I blame the irish speaking catholic priests:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

AH has gone **** lately eh?

Perhaps, but it certainly has become tired and repetitive. You will of course still find a nugget of a thread in AH. The problem is, they have most definitely become a minority in the forum. The only solution really is to avoid the shyte and just stick to what suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The problem with AH is that most of the old funny regular posters now post in private forums so we are left with the Facebook generation who make up stories about "cumming on sluts".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

LATELY?

• Advertisement
Advertisement