Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does everyone study for?

• 14-04-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

The title says it all! :D

For me:
    After school monday-thursday: 4 hours not including breaks
    After school friday: 3 hours not including breaks
    Saturday: 3 hours not including breaks
    Sunday: depends on if I'm in the mood to study, but this will change from here on! 3-5 hours probably :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I should really stop going onto these study-related threads... They just depress me.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I'm the same usually :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I...just go on my laptop and type out a few sample answers or do a few compositions. Then I try to learn them. No excessive study needed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cool. I'm doing 23 hours a day, is this enough does anyone know? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Namlub wrote: »

Not nearlly enough. I cannot believe you spend an entire hour doing something unrelated to studying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

No, it's ****ing disgraceful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I do about 7 hours each weekday but I take the weekends off. That being said, I count going to school as studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I barely touch my books and I'm f**king disgusted with myself. I repeatedly told myself I wouldn't waste Easter. Guess what I did. :rolleyes:

Going to get my parents to hide the cables off the PlayStation for weekdays (couldn't even begin to consider contemplating the very possibility of doing that myself) and really knuckle down from here on out. I need it if I'm going to go up 125 points on my mocks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Weetbix

School night I do 2 hours cause I get back home at like 7 and am tried as hell!
    2 hours excluding homework

Weekends are just diffcult for me, you see I have this no study rule that I have managed to keep since I could remember...and well its a hard habit to break.
    So weekend are like do I feel like it.
    That's why I love these long holidays, I feel up on coffee and study like a monster XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I want to take the piss so bad, but I promised I'll refrain, as it'll "lend a kind of ease to the next abstinence".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I finish at 1pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
    I get about 5hours done as I usually try to make time to go to the gym in between and it keeps my mind focused and from feeling tired. I didn't go much over the holidays so I could do more studying. I might cut it off for a while until after the LC .
    I'm not sure yet or maybe just keep it for the weekends and fridays.

Then the other days I finish at 15.30. 4hours.
    The weekend if I wake up early at least by 10am I'll get 6 hours done otherwise it can be only 3/4hours.

I do get really tired after school sometimes and I end up putting study off. I'm going to try not to be like that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

I did absolutely nothing until last week. I started studying big time for the Irish oral.
    I'm going to fail the French one though; I don't mind I don't need French for points.

But..
    After the oral I'm going to shoot for minimum 2 hour/day with 4/5 hours on Saturdays and maybe 3 hours on Sundays?

D: Good fight social life.

Only going to school 3 days a week from now on :) Just going to head to the local library, I think school's a waste of time tbh all my teachers (bar applied maths) are sh*t. Am, usually I just half study for the whole night like I'd be on facebook/boards a bit or listening de la musique... but that'll change from now on I might delete the 'ol facebook!

I have mostly crap teachers but I have to finish the maths and history courses :rolleyes:

Same situation here! Useless teachers. Once the mocks finish, school should too.

Only thing is the principal's a pr*ck. During the break I've got a letter home and a phonecall from them from missing days the last term. Ugh. My mum, on the phone to the principal, (by this stage I had missed several Irish classes and the teacher was pissed) just told him that I found the teacher to be sh*t. He said that wasn't an acceptable attitude and still must attend class.

I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That was my plan too, but during the holidays the new principal sent out a letter about how there's going to be a 'crackdown' on attendance from now until June (and on uniforms because we clearly don't have better things to worry about). They can gtfo, in all the subjects where we've finished the course the teachers don't have a clue what to do in class and it's only going to get worse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I started study at 7.30am this Morning, only finished now! French Oral tomorrow and the thoughts are awful! :(

We're also having a crackdown. It's quite a spectacle! I wonder why schools are bothered so much, considering every course is completed. Revision in school? Hilarious! Luckily schools hold no bearing on your LC results, so you really are autonomous as long as you are responsible and study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm not near finished the course in Geography/Maths/Music :mad: it's ridiculous..

• Advertisement

Seriously? Maths is the course you'd want to have plenty of revision time. You're going to have to pull a 24 hour a day study to finish, I'm afraid. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

I find study so hard..... I'm really fu1ked.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

That was my plan too, but during the holidays the new principal sent out a letter about how there's going to be a 'crackdown' on attendance from now until June (and on uniforms because we clearly don't have better things to worry about). They can gtfo, in all the subjects where we've finished the course the teachers don't have a clue what to do in class and it's only going to get worse...

We're having a 'crackdown' too :cool: roll calls during every class and texts home to our parents. Just for the 6th years, it's not like we'd just be hanging around town...
    I'm not near finished the course in Geography/Maths/Music :mad: it's ridiculous..

We have five chemistry chapters left :mad:. And we're not finished maths either :S

PictureFrame just making an observation, but how can you not be done the geography course if you're on Geoecology? You'll be grand!

We have to do France in history, finish integration then do sequences and series in maths and we're leaving out matrices & complex numbers and induction...which is an awful idea but hey, what can you do. In geography a lot of things have been asked in the past on my option that we just havent done and arent in the book which is really worrying and my teacher didnt know what to do. Hard to stay optimistic with that, ugh.

And in French we still havent done the subjunctive! :eek:

</moan>

Looks like I'll be doing a lot more study from here on out :rolleyes:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    finish integration then do sequences and series in maths and we're leaving out matrices & complex numbers and induction...which is an awful idea but hey, what can you do.

Eh, what if induction comes up in q4!?!? It did in 2007 and my teacher thinks it will again! I think you could do matrices and complex numbers by yourself tbh, the questions are similar to algebra and I think they're actually really easy! Just to be safe... sequences and series is hard enough.

Wesc. wrote: »
    Eh, what if induction comes up in q4!?!? It did in 2007 and my teacher thinks it will again! I think you could do matrices and complex numbers by yourself tbh, the questions are similar to algebra and I think they're actually really easy! Just to be safe... sequences and series is hard enough.
    Exactly my thoughts! In 2006 it was the entire C part of question 6...I was thinking of learning matrix methods of solving simultaneous equations but I'm not an extremely mathsy person so while I could do it, it would really impinge on my other subjects since my time would be better spent on revising what we have done. My teacher might cover those aspects but I dunno - if nothing else I'll learn induction anyway!

I thought S&S looked quite easy - matrices and all these polar numbers look horrible :eek: Ahhh decisions :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You're all making me want to just drop out of school. I'm in fifth year and I do next to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Patchy~ wrote: »
    And in French we still havent done the subjunctive! :eek:
    Ah the subjunctive is a one class job! Easy peasy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Weetbix

You're all making me want to just drop out of school. I'm in fifth year and I do next to nothing.
    You should really try to do something over summwr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Just noticed that the front page of this thread looks like it came from AH, the amount of thanks whoring :p

Advertisement