Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does everyone study for?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Wesc. wrote: »
    Only thing is the principal's a pr*ck. During the break I've got a letter home and a phonecall from them from missing days the last term. Ugh. My mum, on the phone to the principal, (by this stage I had missed several Irish classes and the teacher was pissed) just told him that I found the teacher to be sh*t. He said that wasn't an acceptable attitude and still must attend class.
    Namlub wrote: »
    That was my plan too, but during the holidays the new principal sent out a letter about how there's going to be a 'crackdown' on attendance from now until June (and on uniforms because we clearly don't have better things to worry about). They can gtfo, in all the subjects where we've finished the course the teachers don't have a clue what to do in class and it's only going to get worse...

If there's no way ye can get out of attending school completely, but you'd be better off studying away somewhere than sitting in a class doing nothing, ask the principal if there's a classroom or somewhere you can go to study on your own. I stopped going to school after the orals when I was in LC, the principal didn't have a problem with a few of us doing that and coming in for maths every 2nd day or so, and others were allowed stay in a classroom. They should know who actually wants to study, not just doss away from class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Wish it was that easy for me. I had a free for French today and everyone was being ridiculously loud so I went to the library, principal came in and told me to go back to class.

Advertisement