Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I Cheat On My Girlfriend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

This thread?

I like spiders
    Spiders do make intersting threads ...yes .

But they never spin a good yarn .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Extra curricular gash is never worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Yeah gwan there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Latchy wrote: »
    Spiders do make intersting threads ...yes .

But they never spin a good yarn .

Are we off topic?

/checks thread,

Nope, we are not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Cheat on her, then ask her to marry you. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Somebody mentioned 3some ( post delated )

Yeah ...at least the girlfriend gets a say and a look in the matter .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingsenny

Of course you should. Life's too short. Just don't get caught, and if you do, just lie so convincingly that she'll have to believe you.

This isn't sarcasm btw, there are so many more important things in life than cheating/not cheating in a relationship. Sleep around, whatever.. who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Unless your gf is a complete bitch, spare her the humiliation.

But I'm sure you'll do the right thing, you seem like the considerate type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

Absolutely not. What if the shoe was on the other foot and you found out she'd been getting the ride from random lads just because she could. Totally cheapens your relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

stop feeding the troll :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

kingsenny wrote: »
    Of course you should. Life's too short. Just don't get caught, and if you do, just lie so convincingly that she'll have to believe you.

This isn't sarcasm btw, there are so many more important things in life than cheating/not cheating in a relationship. Sleep around, whatever.. who cares?

If life's too short to be monogamous, the simple answer is to stay single and not let your sex life get in the way of someone else's happiness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

You obviously care about your oh because you would break up and chase women freely if you didn't. The problem which most don't realise is that you also care about sleeping around with new gorgeous women, this is an instinct built into that won't go away, and for many men life is much more beautiful when you can freely pursue other women, you feel more alive and passionate about everything, forced monogamy can turn you into a shell of a man.. So either way you lose out on something you care about, unless you can get her to agree to an open relationship, but you must be enlightened enough not to be overcome by jealousy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Do the girl a favour and break it off because you're clearly not happy with her if you're considering running out and f**king a randomer.

If life's too short to be monogamous, the simple answer is to stay single and not let your sex life get in the way of someone else's happiness.

Why is not letting your partner have sex with other people so important. I don't buy the idea that if you love your partner you won't want them to have sex with others. That IMO is a smokescreen for possessiveness and insecurity, IMO if you truly love yourself you won't get jealous. Its pure ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Why is not letting your partner have sex with other people so important. I don't buy the idea that if you love your partner you won't want them to have sex with others. That IMO is a smokescreen for possessiveness and insecurity, IMO if you truly love yourself you won't get jealous. Its pure ego.

It's not important if someone's in an open relationship.
    But the OP obviously isn't and has therefore implicitly agreed with his girlfriend to be faithful. If he wants to have sex with others he should tell her, and if she agrees, great. If she doesn't, he should probably end things or accept being monogamous if that's what she wants.

Although none of that really applies in this case as he's just trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

longing for a bit of strange op?

What's pure ego to me is wanting your cake and eating it.

If someone really can't manage to have sex with just one person for any length of time, the best options are either to remain single, or form a relationship with like-minded person who is also open to the idea of an open relationship.

That way, no one ends up getting hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Should you Cheat On your Girlfriend?

You might as well. At least that's what she said to me last night (she also suggested nose clippers btw fyi).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    I'll never know if I never try...

you'd be surprised, long term thing like that and the whole "go out and pick up a nice woman thing" isn't really something that you may manage. not being patronising but if you're 7 years out of the game and haven't had to think about that aspect of things, don't ditch the woman with the expectation of going out and picking up a supermodel or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Absolute scumbag/Troll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Don't get me wrong, I care about her but I just feel as though "life is getting away from me"....

For example, I've been extremely loyal and I've never so much as looked at another woman in 7 years but the fact remains that I won't be able to get gorgeous women when I'm older so it's logical to get in while the going is good so to speak...anyone else feel like this?

Plenty of women in town tonight so thinking of maybe heading in - what say ye?

Mind if I have a go at your girlfriend then - quid pro quo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Linkus

If you want to do it, go ahead.

Your girlfriend trusts you, presumably, and you will be breaking that trust.
    She may never find out, she may find out, who knows, that's something for you to consider.
    If you tell your friends, they may think less of you etc. If you don't tell them and things carry on as normal, they won't think less of you.

It isn't a 'nice' thing to do to your girlfriend, as she could easily find out and be very hurt.
    Regardless of if she hates you etc, you'll have given her a blow to her confidence and trust.

If others know, they will think less of you, probably.
    If your girlfriend knows, she will be hurt, probably.
    If you do it, or don't do it, you're probably going to act differently in your relationship anyway.

None of us can tell you yes or no, we know nothing about you and your circumstances, nor how you think etc.
    So I just summed things up for you. At least according to normal society standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

You care about her but to want to fúck others?

pretty much.

OT: Ive always been loyal but cheated on; if or when i wanted others i'd be polite enoguh to end things then proceed on the hunt once more...

if only i could say the same about the other sex, everyone in a relationship cheats atleast once... etc etc

do what you wanna Op, just make sure he/she is worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pdfile wrote: »
    pretty much.

OT: Ive always been loyal but cheated on; if or when i wanted others i'd be polite enoguh to end things then proceed on the hunt once more...

if only i could say the same about the other sex, everyone in a relationship cheats atleast once... etc etc

do what you wanna Op, just make sure he/she is worth it

Speak for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm going to laugh if he asks for open relationship. What will happen is he'll over estimate his chances of scoring while his girlfriend will go along with it.

It'll end up with several guys balls deep in her while he cries in a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

A lot of my couple mates broke up for a good few months around the 5 - 6 year mark. Got out there and realised they were onto a good thing and got back together.

They had the balls to do it right.....not be a cheating f*cker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP not only are you full of shít, but you need to try harder than that because it's just way too obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

moron

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

If your being serious OP you should stop wasting this girls time on her and break up. Assuming she's been faithful, she didn't spend this long devoted to one guy for him to go out and find other women to **** just because he's a bit curious. Have you thought at all about how distressing it would be for her to find out? Doesn't bother you?

Its a basic premise of most relationships, and not that hard to stick to if your living truthfully to yourself at least. Don't pretend to your girlfriend any longer that you care about her enough for her to waste any more time on you. Have respect for her life and let her find someone who'll show her the honesty everyone deserves, and you can do your thing.

Pdfile wrote: »
    pretty much.

:eek: :pac:

• Advertisement

OP, it's simple really, do you love your gf?

Yes, cop on and remind yourself why you love her.
    No, be honest with your gf, consider her feelings, get out and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Do her a favour and break up with her! why string her along and destroy her life while you're out getting your rocks off. Surely after seven years she deserves some honesty.

Move on and let her move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

OP, you say you care about her. You don't say you love her. And tbh that would make me worried.

But after seven years, you are thinking about cheating on your girlfriend? Or after any amount of time really. Then I think that you are a fcuking pr!ck and that you son't deserve her.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What a selfish little turd.

OP, it's simple really, do you love your gf?

Yes, cop on and remind yourself why you love her.
    No, be honest with your gf, consider her feelings, get out and move on.

What's your advice for him if he loves his girlfriend yet is fighting the urge everyday to pursue other women, he will never cheat and the thought of never being with other women saddens him.

There is the option of taking some drugs to reduce testosterone levels and thus sex drive, but then the problem there is that reduced testosterone causes depression and reduces quality of life.

Then there is the heartbreaking option of breaking up with the woman he loves and has spent seven years of his life with.

Either way the op is going to suffer. Though at least if he doesn't cheat or break up the girlfriend doesn't suffer.

Perhaps the the op should take up boxing, maybe that outlet could reduce the need to fukc other women.

What's your advice for him if he loves his girlfriend yet is fighting the urge everyday to pursue other women, he will never cheat and the thought of never being with other women saddens him.

Discuss it with his gf, she will make up his mind for him.
    There is the option of taking some drugs to reduce testosterone levels and thus sex drive, but then the problem there is that reduced testosterone causes depression and reduces quality of life.

I wouldn't advocate this nor had it crossed my mind.
    Then there is the heartbreaking option of breaking up with the woman he loves and has spent seven years of his life with.

A break up will be difficult, probably more so for his gf , as this is probably going to be shocking news to her. He needs to be true to himself and considerate of her feelings if he chooses to take this path.
    Either way the op is going to suffer. Though at least if he doesn't cheat or break up the girlfriend doesn't suffer.

Maybe he should head on over to PI and get more reasoned replies if in fact he is not trolling.
    Perhaps the the op should take up boxing, maybe that outlet could reduce the need to fukc other women.

No idea if boxing is a cure for sexual desire.

Maybe the OP is a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

and this is why, imho, you stay single unless youve thought youve met "the one", best friend, soul mate, or whatever. if your proved wrong or whatever of this down the line then fine, but at least you had the feeling of that.

Any thing less, just some fun dating etc, is fine for a month or even two but after that it just feels like a waste of your life, thats just me though!

OP, if your just curious about what it would be like to be single again, thats normal, just go out with some mates for a few beers and windowshop as they say ;), but dont cheat! think if the situation was reversed you know.
    And that "what they dont see wont hurt" is Bu*****t, seriously! things like that never stay secret forever, imho cheatings bad but then hiding it, liying about it and keeping it a secret is even worse and shows fcuk all respect, love, or caring for your bf/gf tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Don't get me wrong, I care about her but I just feel as though "life is getting away from me"....u

For example, I've been extremely loyal and I've never so much as looked at another woman in 7 years but the fact remains that I won't be able to get gorgeous women when I'm older so it's logical to get in while the going is good so to speak...anyone else feel like this?

An uninteresting and entertainment deficient troll, is there anything more pointless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Don't get me wrong, I care about her but I just feel as though "life is getting away from me"....

Go and sow your wild oats you are only young once.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭outtagetme

Go for it. But make sure the random you shag knows you have a girlfriend. Fooling two women at the same time is almost impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Go ahead and end it and do her a favour, after 7 years she is probably looking for a ring but at least break up before you have a child or a commitment

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

She could be thinking the same thing. Do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingsenny

If she's happy being with you and you are happy ****ing other women, then why tell her and break her heart?

Just becareful with STDs and not getting caught

If she's happy being with you and you are happy ****ing other women, then why tell her and break her heart?

Just becareful with STDs and not getting caught

Riiiight... because deceit always ends well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pinkhop

Don't do it.

Everyone will get hurt including you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

dont be a dick be a man and dump her first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

your girlfriend is a lovely girl and i would know. thanks for tip off when you would be out

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Your a male. If you don't do it your suppressing natural feelings which will lead to eventual
    dementia from mental issues you will develop from the constant what if questions that will never go away in your head.

Do it. Don't get caught. Don't **** on your own doorstep and do it as a once off holiday/out of town thing like the majority of other red blooded males. If you keep wanting to do it agai and again then I'm sorry, you've chosen the wrong life partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

I would love to know who your girlfriend is!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Emzyxoxo

dont do it! i Cheated on my ex last week and it was the worse feeling ive ever had in my life! end it first!

• Advertisement
Advertisement