Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecstasy

• 14-04-2012 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

Taking my first pill tomorrow night, what can i expect?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

A trip to A+E. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭kirving

You'll become one of the cool kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

your brain will explode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

One of the best nights you will ever have. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

You'll become one of the cool kids.

Obviously :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

Is this the type of thing you want to be broadcasting? And are the 'kids' still doing yokes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

A moment of clarity, and a urge to talk to everybody about how much you love them and how everything is just rosy.

Or death.

Probably the former, probably.

A moment of clarity, and a urge to talk to everybody about how much you love them and how everything is just rosy.

Or death.

Probably the former, probably.

Only if my body cant handle them but I know theres no dosgy stuff in these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

You will have one of the best nights of your life so far.

Take half and no more

Avoid alcohol and sip your juice as opposed to drinking pints of it.

Dont get caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

flipper87 wrote: »

Either shakey eyes, a vomit and the want to sleep (oh no, not gettin' away that fast) or a shakey jaw and the greatest single moment of your existence that will eventually dissipate as you chase the feeling.
    Time-wise, space out any further adventures.
    The second and third times were my favourites.

Also, I hope you get great pills, have a good time.

ON A SUNDAY?!?

Definitely don't drink, kills the buzz. It's amazing enough on it's own

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

There's probably nothing whatsoever in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

and how do you know there no dodgey stuff in them ?

grindle wrote: »
    Either shakey eyes, a vomit and the want to sleep (oh no, not gettin' away that fast) or a shakey jaw and the greatest single moment of your existence that will eventually dissipate as you chase the feeling.
    Time-wise, space out any further adventures.
    The second and third times were my favourites.

Also, I hope you get great pills, have a good time.

ON A SUNDAY?!?

theyre supposed to be the best in Ireland :) yep on a Sunday theres some party I'm going to. luckily I am unemployed ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

To be puking white foam all over yourself as you chew the inside of your mouth away while looking like you have had a stroke.

There are no good pills to be got, do yourself a favour and give it a miss.

You may live in this case... just make sure it's to some good tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Same feeling as when ya take 2 lemsip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Depends on the pill.If its real or ****.
    If its the real deal then you should take it and after 20 mins you may need to go for a poo.I always did for some reason,then you get all excited and you may get little rushes.
    You may see that your jaw has drooped a bit and you will have to watch that as you dont want people to see your off ur face ha ha.You may need chewing gum as you may get a desire to clench ur jaw or chew.You will get energy and start sweating.Sometimes listening to a tune as you are coming up is good and a positive mental attitude helps get a better buzz.If you take more than 1 and you may do so at some stage then you will probably be up all night and want to chat to people alot.You will get into a very good mood.I took them for 2yrs every weekend.And sometimes i would smoke a joint at the end of the night as they mix well at that time. I dont take them now as i have kids etc.

Snowie wrote: »
    and how do you know there no dodgey stuff in them ?

My friends have been taking the same batch for the past three weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Advertisement

also have any of you even taken them or are you just sharing horror stories you heard???

Domo230 wrote: »
    Depends on how you react to stuff normally.

Considering Marijuana damaged my eyesight I am pretty sure if I was to ever touch the stuff I would die. I seem to react really badly to stuff.

Sorry about that, I don't like that stuff myself, made me paranoid a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Domo230 wrote: »
    Depends on how you react to stuff normally.

Considering Marijuana damaged my eyesight I am pretty sure if I was to ever touch the stuff I would die. I seem to react really badly to stuff.

Your not meant to sprinkle hash in your eye. Ye smoke it;)

I have taken one once, and haven't been bothered to take another since. The one I took was pretty crap though... even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be in a rush to take one anytime soon, do what pleases you.

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    Depends on the pill.If its real or ****.
    If its the real deal then you should take it and after 20 mins you may need to go for a poo.I always did for some reason,then you get all excited and you may get little rushes.
    You may see that your jaw has drooped a bit and you will have to watch that as you dont want people to see your off ur face ha ha.You may need chewing gum as you may get a desire to clench ur jaw or chew.You will get energy and start sweating.Sometimes listening to a tune as you are coming up is good and a positive mental attitude helps get a better buzz.If you take more than 1 and you may do so at some stage then you will probably be up all night and want to chat to people alot.You will get into a very good mood.I took them for 2yrs every weekend.And sometimes i would smoke a joint at the end of the night as they mix well at that time. I dont take them now as i have kids etc.

Poo in a friends house... Nice haha, thanks:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I have tried. Expect shakey eyes and jaw clenching. When I did it it was a good experience because of the mellow atmosphere I was in. Dunno how it would be in a rave or anything. I took half then another half about 5 hours later. Drink water but don't overdo it either. A lot of people get sick as they're coming up. There ya go.

THanks, yeah i saw one friend gettin sick then she was fine after about twenty mins, she thought it was about three hours though ha

theyre supposed to be the best in Ireland :) yep on a Sunday theres some party I'm going to. luckily I am unemployed ha

You are so, so lucky. I'd honestly pay a few hundred euro to have my first time again, just to have those exact same feelings... SO JEALOUS!

MUST KILL OP IN NON-DRUG-FUELLED RAGE!!!

Don't listen to any of the plebs who're saying anything bad'll happen.

Be prepared to hug (and possibly kiss) every single person there. You'll spend about three hours wearing the heads off everyone telling them how it could end war and bring peace to the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

My friends have been taking the same batch for the past three weeks

Doesn't mean your going to be ok. Don't do it. I have a neighbour who has lost 70% kidney function over one of these 'yokes', and it didn't affect his friends at all.

Don't do it. And tell your "friends" fup off if they don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

An in depth discussion with some random person you've only just met about a subject that you've only the vaguest idea about, but yet it seems so right.

You'll think back on it and cringe the next day.

It's a chance worth taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

also have any of you even taken them or are you just sharing horror stories you heard???

I'm not going to tell you what to do you said in the OP you were taking them as a fact. I have taken them loads of times and loved it, I don't anymore but I have my own reasons for that, I never had a bad buzz or know anyone who has nor do I know anyone who has had a bad reaction or been taken to hospital. These are just my experiences don't do anything you don't want to do.

You are so, so lucky. I'd honestly pay a few hundred euro to have my first time again, just to have those exact same feelings... SO JEALOUS!

Be prepared to hug (and possibly kiss) every single person there. You'll spend about three hours wearing the heads off everyone telling them how it could end war and bring peace to the world.

Cant wait! You can kill me monday morning I wont mind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 XistheBest

+1 million

Registered just to wish you luck. been lurking for 5 years.

Take 1 to 1.5 if you can.

Try exercise for an hour that day.

Before doing them drink a pint of water, orange juice and a packet of crisps.

don't drink more than 3/4 pints. sip water when you come up dont chug.

Gonna be the best night of your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

For me that's the only downside I've (thankfully) experienced whilst taking yokes; listening to loved up bullsh1te. If anything avoid the intense quiet people in your group, they'll only bore you senseless with their wandering thoughts and should rubs *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Dont eat b4 you take them and you wont get sick.
    I never liked them in clubs i liked them in a house with a few friends and the heating up full.Sex is weird on them you cant cum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

There is a guy who my mom has told me about for years and it has always put the fear n me when it comes to ecstacy, he was a doctor, took a tablet, his first time doing it, came from a "good batch" whatever was in that tablet switched something in his brain that convinced him he had to kill his niece, he tried it and is still in a mental institution on plenty of drugs now that are trying to fix whatever that ecstacy did to his brain. Fairly sad story really. Is it worth the possibility of something like this happening even if it is only a slight chance?

Whatever ya do anyway, have a good night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 XistheBest

Oh and its going to complete change your taste in music.

Example - changed the way you kiss me could possibly be the greatest **** ever on the stuff. Hope the settings good.

Get chewing Gum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I really wish there was a rule in this forum against advocating illegal drug taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

If you've never taken any before, and they're actually contain MDMA in high quantities you should probably take half. Onset of symptoms obviously varies from individual to individual, so wait 20 minutes to a half an hour before you go accusing people of selling you a dud.

You don't need to drink any more water than usual. You only need to replace water if you've been dancing like a ninja for 6 hours. If you're just giddy and taking to your pals and grinding your teeth off your self you will be fine on 2 pints of water all night. No need to booze too much or at all really.

Obviously, all drugs affect different people and just because they were fine for your friends you could have an adverse reaction either as a result of allergy (rash etc.) or psychological. If you feel yourself getting agitated or palpitations (you can 'feel' your heart beating really strong) try and sit down in a quiet place with someone and relax. Of course if you have an unknown pre-existing heart condition you may have a heart attack and die but hopefully not.

• Advertisement

I plan on givin the missis a right seein to on them alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I never took one before but I intend to on my next trip to the Dam. I always wondered what it was like.

If you've never taken any before, and they're actually contain MDMA in high quantities you should probably take half. Onset of symptoms obviously varies from individual to individual, so wait 20 minutes to a half an hour before you go accusing people of selling you a dud.

You don't need to drink any more water than usual. You only need to replace water if you've been dancing like a ninja for 6 hours. If you're just giddy and taking to your pals and grinding your teeth off your self you will be fine on 2 pints of water all night. No need to booze too much or at all really.

Obviously, all drugs affect different people and just because they were fine for your friends you could have an adverse reaction either as a result of allergy (rash etc.) or psychological. If you feel yourself getting agitated or palpitations (you can 'feel' your heart beating really strong) try and sit down in a quiet place with someone and relax. Of course if you have an unknown pre-existing heart condition you may have a heart attack and die but hopefully not.

I had a panic attack before and had my heart checked and iv a healthy ticker :D

I really wish there was a rule in this forum against advocating illegal drug taking.

The suppresion of discussion is a regression in 21st century. By all means, let's promote awareness rather than out and out advocating of drug taking, but let's not completely shut down discussion of drugs, because some people don't agree with it... not that I am suggesting that is what you are doing in your post

Good information on drugs here... purely educational
    http://www.urban75.org/legal/drugs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

this my friend is what it'll be like at about 4 in the morning, Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9C3V5w8NE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

What age are you out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

There is a guy who my mom has told me about for years and it has always put the fear n me when it comes to ecstacy, he was a doctor, took a tablet, his first time doing it, came from a "good batch" whatever was in that tablet switched something in his brain that convinced him he had to kill his niece, he tried it and is still in a mental institution on plenty of drugs now that are trying to fix whatever that ecstacy did to his brain. Fairly sad story really. Is it worth the possibility of something like this happening even if it is only a slight chance?

Whatever ya do anyway, have a good night!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

luckily I am unemployed ha

Yeah, good man, I'll be thinking of you when Im dragging myself out of bed at 6.30am on Monday to go to work and pay tax for you to fund your drug taking.

Hopefully there will be something on the news about dodgy E doing the rounds.

wayfarers wrote: »
    For me that's the only downside I've (thankfully) experienced whilst taking yokes; listening to loved up bullsh1te. If anything avoid the intense quiet people in your group, they'll only bore you senseless with their wandering thoughts and should rubs *shudder*
    Yeah, but that loved-up ****-talk only happens the first couple of times.

As for the second part, best party I was ever at involved 25-odd people getting between eachother's legs in a massive snaking chain, giving eachother head massages. Need I say... BEST. MASSAGE. EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The cases of someone dying or sustaining permanent damage after the first one, or half, are extremely rare.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement