Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecstasy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Nice one bruv :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

There is a guy who my mom has told me about for years and it has always put the fear n me when it comes to ecstacy, he was a doctor, took a tablet, his first time doing it, came from a "good batch" whatever was in that tablet switched something in his brain that convinced him he had to kill his niece, he tried it and is still in a mental institution on plenty of drugs now that are trying to fix whatever that ecstacy did to his brain. Fairly sad story really. Is it worth the possibility of something like this happening even if it is only a slight chance?

Whatever ya do anyway, have a good night!

What was his name? Never heard of that story myself?
    I really wish there was a rule in this forum against advocating illegal drug taking.

OP never asked whether he should do it, he stated he was doing it and asked what to expect. Should we lie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

bohsboy wrote: »
    Yeah, good man, I'll be thinking of you when Im dragging myself out of bed at 6.30am on Monday to go to work and pay tax for you to fund your drug taking.

Hopefully there will be something on the news about dodgy E doing the rounds.

Cheers for buyin me yokes buddy!!! Sound ya are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

tsoparno wrote: »
    this my friend is what it'll be like at about 4 in the morning, Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9C3V5w8NE

Holy f**k! Is this guy just pretending to be wrecked?! I've never seen anyone that bad. Looks like it was filmed outside the Bank of London, can't think of any clubs over that part of the city. He is beyond mashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

expect 3 long days of the fear my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

flipper87 wrote: »
    I plan on givin the missis a right seein to on them alright

because they effect sympathetic nervous system you can maintain an erection for a pretty long time but probably won't be able to ejactulate. Go easy on her and don't rub her raw.

What age are you out of interest?

Yeah actually this is a good question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

mackg wrote: »

OP never asked whether he should do it, he stated he was doing it and asked what to expect. Should we lie?

I wish someone had to me before I wasted 7 years of my life with an addiction to all types of illegal drugs. Started with the good old E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yeah actually this is a good question.

25, going by his name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Satts wrote: »
    Doesn't mean your going to be ok. Don't do it. I have a neighbour who has lost 70% kidney function over one of these 'yokes', and it didn't affect his friends at all.

Don't do it. And tell your "friends" fup off if they don't like it.

I have a neighbour who took one and regained 70% use of his kidney.

grindle wrote: »
    Yeah, but that loved-up ****-talk only happens the first couple of times.

As for the second part, best party I was ever at involved 25-odd people getting between eachother's legs in a massive snaking chain, giving eachother head massages. Need I say... BEST. MASSAGE. EVER.

That last part read as very promising until you got to "giving each other head massages"! I've never had a bad turn on them and I've consumed a hell of a lot but personally the whole massages and talking about rainbows and the situation in Palestine bored me. Also for those of a certain generation these little smiley emoticons :) will bring back happy memories.

Im 24, 25 in october. Im not new to drugs i did coke and speed and acid before, just not these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Cheers for buyin me yokes buddy!!! Sound ya are :D

Welcome, take as many as you can. Do a quick Google on "Suicide Tuesday" or in your case it should kick in on Wednesday. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

luckily I am unemployed ha

Yeah, good man, I'll be thinking of you when Im dragging myself out of bed at 6.30am on Monday to go to work and pay tax for you to fund your drug taking.

Hopefully there will be something on the news about dodgy E doing the rounds.
    I work too - people on the dole should only pay for what I approve! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

You'll exhale deeply - a big relaxing sigh. The dimmed light will begin to feel warm and embracing. You'll feel incredibly comfortable. Everyone around you will exude a gorgeousness you never dreamt of; you'll enjoy looking at your mate's photo album and feel that he/she has had the the most charmed life imaginable; you'll hear dance music like you've never heard it before. You'll be hot; you'll be cold. You might feel sick and your jaws will probably get sore. But you will want more.
    It'll be bright before you know it and the daylight will appear strangely harsh. You may have trouble getting off to sleep even though you've done an all-nighter. Your feet will probably move rythmicallly as you lie in bed. You'll be on the bus into town the following morning and you'll feel vaguely elated and separate from the rest of the grey, dreary humanity around who you will pity for their ignorance of the ecstatic delights that they know not of.

You'll also spend the next year spending your cash on mostly crap dance music.

• Advertisement

I wish someone had to me before I wasted 7 years of my life with an addiction to all types of illegal drugs. Started with the good old E.

I know plenty people who have taken recreational drugs to varying degrees without it negatively impacting their lives, myself included. I'm sorry to hear you had problems with the stuff though, I hope you came out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

jd007 wrote: »
    I have a neighbour who took one and regained 70% use of his kidney.

They will be giving them out in the hospitals soon so will they, and scrapping the drive to for more people to carry organ donor cards ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

They could settle wars with this, If only they will
    imagine the worlds leaders on pills
    then imagine the morning after
    Wars causing disaster don't talk to me i don't know ya
    But this ain't tomorrow and for now i still love ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

Just remember moderation and you will have an amazing time!!

Enjoy

Dudess wrote: »
    Well you's are the lucky ones working in a recession. Wishing someone would die because you have a job is stupid in this day and age.

• Advertisement

Im 24, 25 in october. Im not new to drugs i did coke and speed and acid before, just not these

What took you so long getting to yokes? They're usually 'entry level' drugs for most people. Is there a shortage of them these days?

Welcome, take as many as you can. Do a quick Google on "Suicide Tuesday" or in your case it should kick in on Wednesday. ;)

I still take yokes nowadays and haven't felt suicidal yet, though you do feel a creeping fear after a while. Weed or sleep fixes this.
    The first year or two I took 'em (and I was gung-ho), I felt better the next day than I did most normal days.

wayfarers wrote: »
    What took you so long getting to yokes? They're usually 'entry level' drugs for most people. Is there a shortage of them these days?

I was always afraid of gettin a bad one. i know ya can get dodgy coke but for some reason I just didn't feel safe with E. But I know these ones are ok and theyre supposed to be really hard to get so its now or never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 XistheBest

god has spoken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

the fear doesn't kick in till at least the 4th or 5th time of trying them

cranks wrote: »
    You'll exhale deeply - a big relaxing sigh. The dimmed light will begin to feel warm and embracing. You'll feel incredibly comfortable. Everyone around you will exude a gorgeousness you never dreamt of; you'll enjoy looking at your mate's photo album and feel that he/she has had the the most charmed life imaginable; you'll hear dance music like you've never heard it before. You'll be hot; you'll be cold. You might feel sick and your jaws will probably get sore. But you will want more.
    It'll be bright before you know it and the daylight will appear strangely harsh. You may have trouble getting off to sleep even though you've done an all-nighter. Your feet will probably move rythmicallly as you lie in bed. You'll be on the bus into town the following morning and you'll feel vaguely elated and separate from the rest of the grey, dreary humanity around who you will pity for their ignorance of the ecstatic delights that they know not of.

You'll also spend the next year spending your cash on mostly crap dance music.

Bez, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudess wrote: »
    Well you's are the lucky ones working in a recession. Wishing someone would die because you have a job is stupid in this day and age.
    Was only messing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Well you's are the lucky ones working in a recession

Are we? Obviously not if there are rave parties for the unemployed every sunday night - top one, nice one, get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

?

I have been googling there since I posted and i cant find it. . . . It must have been in the news at some point but I've been hearing the story for years (im 29 now) so it must have been a good while ago. He was/is in dundrum central mental hospital. Must ask my mom about him again tomorrow. Certainly not a made up story though and I know that he seems totally normal now, is highly intelligent and extremely remorseful.

Wish I knew his name would make the googling easier but his name wasn't relevant to the warning the story she was trying to give me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I usually view everything as each to their own, but with drugs I find that hard to accept/agree with people's choices.

I am frequently on a ward with people who are unable to control themselves, it's a medical ward in a hospital but all sorts pass through, in the past 8 months I've seen 6 people that had taken drugs and not come off it or had some reaction, one lad in particular is 22 and took acid, all he does is scream, he can't speak or do anything himself, he's constantly attacking staff and abusing other patients.

A lad I know also took e about 8 years ago And he's never come down, he's 26 and his mam takes care of him, he's not a cell left in his head. He was set to be a champion boxer till he took drugs.

If you want to do it go ahead, but if it goes @rse ways your not the only one that has to deal with the repercussions. I just hope it's worth the risk.

It's very sad seeing people who threw away their life for one fun night, the statistics may seem low as everyone will tell you they never heard of bad reactions, but im sure if you speak to them 5/10 years later they will have some sort of dependency, if it wasn't an immediate reaction it will develop eventually.

• Advertisement

Are we? Obviously not if there are rave parties for the unemployed every sunday night - top one, nice one, get sorted.

jealousy will get you nowhere!! except work on a monday morning hahahaha

I have been googling there since I posted and i cant find it. . . . It must have been in the news at some point but I've been hearing the story for years (im 29 now) so it must have been a good while ago. He was/is in dundrum central mental hospital. Must ask my mom about him again tomorrow. Certainly not a made up story though and I know that he seems totally normal now, is highly intelligent and extremely remorseful.

Wish I knew his name would make the googling easier but his name wasn't relevant to the warning the story she was trying to give me.

If you find out and the thread has dropped away PM me if you think of it please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I know plenty people who have taken recreational drugs to varying degrees without it negatively impacting their lives, myself included. I'm sorry to hear you had problems with the stuff though, I hope you came out ok.

The jury is out on whether I did or not but I think I did and that's all that matters.

It just makes me uneasy to see young people openly advocating the use of drugs when you are aware of the dark side of life with drug addiction, not to mention the criminality it feeds. This is on a forum that constantly has threads anbout the "scumbags" on the streets of Dublin and how the dealers have destroyed the towns of Ireland.

bfocusd wrote: »
    I usually view everything as each to their own, but with drugs I find that hard to accept/agree with people's choices.

I am frequently on a ward with people who are unable to control themselves, it's a medical ward in a hospital but all sorts pass through, in the past 8 months I've seen 6 people that had taken drugs and not come off it or had some reaction, one lad in particular is 22 and took acid, all he does is scream, he can't speak or do anything himself, he's constantly attacking staff and abusing other patients.

A lad I know also took e about 8 years ago And he's never come down, he's 26 and his mam takes care of him, he's not a cell left in his head. He was set to be a champion boxer till he took drugs.

If you want to do it go ahead, but if it goes @rse ways your not the only one that has to deal with the repercussions. I just hope it's worth the risk.

It's very sad seeing people who threw away their life for one fun night, the statistics may seem low as everyone will tell you they never heard of bad reactions, but im sure if you speak to them 5/10 years later they will have some sort of dependency, if it wasn't an immediate reaction it will develop eventually.

I know there are down sides to every drug, thanks for the post and not criticizing me for taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

There are no good pills to be got, do yourself a favour and give it a miss.

Someone is well out of the loop.

OP, you can mostly expect to have a laugh. Because you are a noob I will give you a bit of advice.

1) Be in the company of people you like and trust.
    2) If you are gonna be at a club or party then feel free to leave if it gets a little too much. Nothing like a lovely walk on pills to be honest.
    3) You will talk a lot, no need to be embarrassed about it the day after. It's a noob thing.
    4) You may want chewing gum, so make sure you have some.
    5) Don't take one and then decide it's not working and then take another one. Depending on how much you have eaten and what kinds of food you have eaten that day the time it takes to come up on a pill can vary.
    6) Don't go mental and hammer away at pills all night...there is no need for it and it's a ****ing waste, resulting in you feeling like utter **** the following day.
    7) Drink and you'll get hung over, take pills and you'll have to deal with the negatives of that as well. It's called skagging or coming down, generally just means your mood might be a bit low and you might feel a bit lethargic as well. To be honest this is mostly a newb thing as well...or an idiot veteran thing which is easily avoided after you start to figure out how much makes a good night and how much is too much.
    8) If you smoke weed it can be a good thing, as if you find yourself getting hit too hard by what you have taken then a bit of doob can level you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

Don't want to sound smart but if the story is true it wasn't MDMA he took even if that's what he thought it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The jury is out on whether I did or not but I think I did and that's all that matters.

It just makes me uneasy to see young people openly advocating the use of drugs when you are aware of the dark side of life with drug addiction, not to mention the criminality it feeds. This is on a forum that constantly has threads anbout the "scumbags" on the streets of Dublin and how the dealers have destroyed the towns of Ireland.

Yes, but the problem is the policy promoted by Western Governments, which allow these dealers to thrive.

We should promote sensible drug discussion on Boards... the current policy is a redunant one.

The same people who talk of the merits of recreational drugs are invariably the same ones who are the first to call for decriminalisation to take the trade out of the hands of criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i know one lad, his first time he had a bad trip, cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a ****ing disgrace

Plenty of us on here can verify there are 'rave parties' for the employed as well as those people without a job. There are plenty of people from lads on the building sites to those in high paid jobs who spend a weekend night getting wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

OP, don't do drugs.

Just drink beer and smoke tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

To be puking white foam all over yourself as you chew the inside of your mouth away while looking like you have had a stroke.

There are no good pills to be got, do yourself a favour and give it a miss.

You have no idea what you are talking about tbh. Check pillreports.com and see how many quality pure mdma tabs there are in Ireland at the mo. Probaly the best time to pick up pills since the very early 90's

This is on a forum that constantly has threads anbout the "scumbags" on the streets of Dublin and how the dealers have destroyed the towns of Ireland.

That's the government's fault. Legal drugs = no scumbag dealers (just scumbags).

Edit: Proof in the pudding of post #93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

If you find out and the thread has dropped away PM me if you think of it please.

I'll ask tomorrow, I'm sure his name will be remembered, he may still be in dundrum. Why the Interest in this one case if you dont mind me asking?

On another point to the thread in general, I think it's funny that we can't give medical advice yet we can advise on illegal drug taking. . . Bit mad isn't it?

• Advertisement

You have no idea what you are talking about tbh. Check pillreports.com and see how many quality pure mdma tabs there are in Ireland at the mo. Probaly the best time to pick up pills since the very early 90's

The one im taking is on pill reports supposed to be quality!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Threads like this spread misinformation like something else. He has little to worry about if it's pure (like I think he said?) and he takes proper precautions. Please research instead of talking nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Taking my first pill tomorrow night, what can i expect?
    28 days of no blood in your twaddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Never saw the appeal in it myself. Having a few joints and lolling at others chewing the faces off themselves and talking happy shite for hours on end is plenty fun enough for me. Especially when I'm fit to drive home the next morning while everyone else is stuck in an abysmal loop for most of the morning.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement