Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecstasy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

wayfarers wrote: »
    Plenty of us on here can verify there are 'rave parties' for the employed as well as those people without a job. There are plenty of people from lads on the building sites to those in high paid jobs who spend a weekend night getting wrecked.

Oh 100%, Ive also wasted myself many a time on a Saturday night in dodgy clubs but sadly for me work comes first. Just not possible to drop a few doves and go to work the next morning.

This cool dude made a comment that Sunday night is no bother to him as he's unemployed. Why not drop it tonight and get up on Monday morning and try and look for a job?

God, I sound like an aul fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Yes, but the problem is the policy promoted by Western Governments, which allow these dealers to thrive.

We should promote sensible drug discussion on Boards... the current policy is a redunant one.

Drug controls don't work if a person gets an addiction to the high they produce, I fcuking know it too well how these tabs have a long term harmful effect on some people as they chase that original high. I am lucky I have come out the other side relatively unscathed, I have friends who travelled that road with me who have not been so fortunate.

As for boards, you can't call a person a jerk without getting a ban but you can tell a young person to take an illegal drug with no consequence. This should be reviewd by the powers that be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

pillreport.com?! *shrugs* Kids today, don't know they're born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

One time I took e in a club in London, I thought my shoelaces had turned into worms and were starting to eat me.

Having said that, all of the other times I had a great night, so statistically speaking you'll probably be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

God... wrote: »
    Don't want to sound smart but if the story is true it wasn't MDMA he took even if that's what he thought it was.

I might be wrong but it's not about what he "thought" it's what doctors KNEW he took.

I know the story is true anyway, passed it on here, up to the op to take from it whatever they want. Same for all other readers who might have the same questions. The op is a stranger to me so it doesn't really matter to me what they do but maybe the story will have the same effect on someone that it had in me. . . Certainly didn't do me (or do others) any harm anyway.

mackg wrote: »
    The same people who talk of the merits of recreational drugs are invariably the same ones who are the first to call for decriminalisation to take the trade out of the hands of criminals.

I agree there are intelligent views on this matter but there are a lot of impressionable kids following a certain lead on this forum.

My view, from my experience, is that drugs no matter who controls them will destroy lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

My view, from my experience, is that drugs no matter who controls them will destroy lives.

My view, from my experience, is that ecstasy no matter who controls it will enlighten the minds of far, far more people than it will dull them.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Drug abuse destroys lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

To whoever told me to pm them, will u pm me i cant see the post anymore, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yes, but the problem is the policy promoted by Western Governments, which allow these dealers to thrive.

We should promote sensible drug discussion on Boards... the current policy is a redunant one.

Drug controls don't work if a person gets an addiction to the high they produce, I fcuking know it too well how these tabs have a long term harmful effect on some people as they chase that original high. I am lucky I have come out the other side relatively unscathed, I have friends who travelled that road with me who have not been so fortunate.

As for boards, you can't call a person a jerk without getting a ban but you can tell a young person to take an illegal drug with no consequence. This should be reviewd by the powers that be.
    Born to die, forgive me if this seems an attack on you - it's not. But if you did them a lot, I'm not sure it's fair of you to be borderline lecturing - reasonable enough to outline the downsides, but it seems hypocritical to outright condemn it. I'm not encouraging the OP either, but it's his decision ultimately. And experimentation does not necessarily lead to a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

bohsboy wrote: »
    Oh 100%, Ive also wasted myself many a time on a Saturday night in dodgy clubs but sadly for me work comes first. Just not possible to drop a few doves and go to work the next morning.

This cool dude made a comment that Sunday night is no bother to him as he's unemployed. Why not drop it tonight and get up on Monday morning and try and look for a job?

God, I sound like an aul fella.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I'd rather give some young lad who is planning on doing what he is going to do anyway some decent advice and safety tips rather than telling him not to do it, which will fall on deaf ears.

A bit of proper advice at the start of the journey and maybe an honest voice to tell them to cop the **** on when they push too hard and a lot of people who have issues with drugs now may not be in the boat they are in.

You have no idea what you are talking about tbh. Check pillreports.com and see how many quality pure mdma tabs there are in Ireland at the mo. Probaly the best time to pick up pills since the very early 90's

Really.. have you read my posts and understood the reason behind my post.

Were you around in the late 80's early nineties when "everyone" was popping your magical mdma?

Satts wrote: »

Cool dude is looking for a job. Don't me making assumptions that I'm not mystic Meg i'm a fully qualified tiler

Were you around in the late 80's early nineties when "everyone" was popping your magical mdma?

Jeez, a generation of youngsters that certainly didn't turn out to be the supervisors, managers and young entrepreneurs of Celtic Tiger-era Ireland, not at all. Those drugs dociled them right up.

flipper87 wrote: »
    Cool dude is looking for a job. Don't me making assumptions that I'm not mystic Meg i'm a fully qualified tiler

Quoting wrong poster there bud, maybe your on something already tonight, eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Then go up and tile Bill Cullen's showroom for free to showcase your skills! :D

Quoting wrong poster there bud, maybe your on something already tonight, eh ?

balls, sorry about that ha, he knows who he is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

bfocusd wrote: »
    A lad I know also took e about 8 years ago And he's never come down

Must have been some pretty strong shit.

Dudess wrote: »
    Born to die, forgive me if this seems an attack on you - it's not. But if you did them a lot, I'm not sure it's fair of you to be borderline lecturing - reasonable enough to outline the downsides, but it seems hypocritical to outright condemn it. I'm not encouraging the OP either, but it's his decision ultimately. And experimentation does not necessarily lead to a problem.

I am zealous on my views regarding drugs, I started taking them recreationally but after a time the original buzz required more and more quantities to achieve.
    I had no intention of becoming dependant on what was going to be "a bit of a laugh".
    I don't think it is hypocritical to condemn it having lived it at it's worse. If it seems I am lecturing then so be it but if it encourages one person to say no then I don't care. I would give anything not to have had that first E and the fake experience that I chased after causing myself harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matamoros1965

With the amount of our tax money that gets wasted on rubbish that I get no benefit from, I am sincerely delighted to think that some lad is going out for his first pill with a small bit of help from us working stiffs. Have a great time and tell us how you got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I know there are down sides to every drug, thanks for the post and not criticizing me for taking it.

Every drug legal or illegal has some sort of draw back, but the vast majority don't effect you immediately physiological.

You obviously have your mind made up, your a grown adult and it's not my place to force my opinion my on you, but if you are going to take it, a small dose would be a safer option.

I can pretty much guarantee though if I was to show you the people on this ward and the addicts whom visit to try steal drugs it would put you off, I know it's your first time, but you will always chase that high which will lead to other drugs and stronger doses.

Just please god don't touch heroin, there are several heroin addicts constantly in and out of hospital, while they are in they have people bring drugs into them and they receive methadone or they go into shock, others have often been passed out near the entrance and it's gotten to a point that they are so known for being addicts, the guards just move them along, the time they consume in A&E is immense.

Good luck and maybe try other methods to enjoy yourself :)

balls, sorry about that ha, he knows who he is!!

No probs, your doing fine for your first night, just hope you can do the same Monday night. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll ask tomorrow, I'm sure his name will be remembered, he may still be in dundrum. Why the Interest in this one case if you dont mind me asking?

On another point to the thread in general, I think it's funny that we can't give medical advice yet we can advise on illegal drug taking. . . Bit mad isn't it?

I base my opinion on things on the information available to me, new information whether it contradicts or enforces my current view only leads to a more informed view on the subject, which can only be a good thing.
    I'd rather give some young lad who is planning on doing what he is going to do anyway some decent advice and safety tips rather than telling him not to do it, which will fall on deaf ears.

A bit of proper advice at the start of the journey and maybe an honest voice to tell them to cop the **** on when they push too hard and a lot of people who have issues with drugs now may not be in the boat they are in.

This a hundred times, if the guy was taking them anyway and all he got in the thread was replies like "a trip to A&E" and "your brain will explode" he would be more likely to panic on them. Think about it, if he is going taking them regardless, which are really the more irresponsible posts, the ones quoted there trying to freak him out or genuine advice from people with experience?

On the subject of decriminalisation:
    The paper, published by Cato in April, found that in the five years after personal possession was decriminalized, illegal drug use among teens in Portugal declined and rates of new HIV infections caused by sharing of dirty needles dropped, while the number of people seeking treatment for drug addiction more than doubled.
    "Judging by every metric, decriminalization in Portugal has been a resounding success," says Glenn Greenwald, an attorney, author and fluent Portuguese speaker, who conducted the research. "It has enabled the Portuguese government to manage and control the drug problem far better than virtually every other Western country does."

• Advertisement

I am zealous on my views regarding drugs, I started taking them recreationally but after a time the original buzz required more and more quantities to achieve.
    I had no intention of becoming dependant on what was going to be "a bit of a laugh".
    I don't think it is hypocritical to condemn it having lived it at it's worse. If it seems I am lecturing then so be it but if it encourages one person to say no then I don't care. I would give anything not to have had that first E and the fake experience that I chased after causing myself harm.

I don't think what you are doing is hypocritical I must say. You had bad times and that's fair enough, you are acting out of concern about not wanting another person to experience what you have and I can see the honour in that.

The thing is, I reckon you had people telling you drugs were this, that and the other...so I imagine how much of the bad you could have avoided if you were told accurate and decent information on how to be safe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Every drug legal or illegal has some sort of draw back, but the vast majority don't effect you immediately physiological.

You obviously have your mind made up, your a grown adult and it's not my place to force my opinion my on you, but if you are going to take it, a small dose would be a safer option.

I can pretty much guarantee though if I was to show you the people on this ward and the addicts whom visit to try steal drugs it would put you off, I know it's your first time, but you will always chase that high which will lead to other drugs and stronger doses.

Just please god don't touch heroin, there are several heroin addicts constantly in and out of hospital, while they are in they have people bring drugs into them and they receive methadone or they go into shock, others have often been passed out near the entrance and it's gotten to a point that they are so known for being addicts, the guards just move them along, the time they consume in A&E is immense.

Good luck and maybe try other methods to enjoy yourself :)

Jesus ill never go heroin, ever. I dont plan on taking these every weekend either just on special occasions if I do like them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

I might be wrong but it's not about what he "thought" it's what doctors KNEW he took.

I know the story is true anyway, passed it on here, up to the op to take from it whatever they want. Same for all other readers who might have the same questions. The op is a stranger to me so it doesn't really matter to me what they do but maybe the story will have the same effect on someone that it had in me. . . Certainly didn't do me (or do others) any harm anyway.

Fair enough, find a link anyway.

I find it's not even worth trying to talk to people about this stuff they've been brought up told x,y and z about drugs and usually without any personal experience still hold such firm beliefs and usually class all drugs the same from mdma to heroin.

To the OP the truth is a bit of MDMA not to often and responsibly taken is less harm to you than the amount of drink the average person in most bars around the country would drink. I can also gaurantee you won't see people on MDMA going around causing trouble or starting fights.

But hey this Ireland, where a person who takes MDMA once every 3 months is a junkie. Yet someone drinking 30 pints a week is just a person who likes a drink!

Deep down I actually feel sorry for anyone that hasn't tried MDMA at least once in the life. It's an unbelievable experience but as I sad in moderation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

mackg wrote: »
    I base my opinion on things on the information available to me, new information whether it contradicts or enforces my current view only leads to a more informed view on the subject, which can only be a good thing.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Good stuff, let ya know tomorrow so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

you said you got a bit paranoid after smoking a bit of hash, well just be careful because while most people are ok after taking e, it can cause a bit of paranoia days later in some prople and other worse head problems in some people...unfortunately in ireland we tend to have more people with 'head' problems than other countries.

your doing the right thing by knowing your mates have tried this same batch, if you do take a few pills always stick to that...dont buy/ take any from anyone you dont know in a club for example...

if your lucky the few days afterwards will be ok, some people feel badly depressed the next few days, this can last more than a few days in some cases

Jesus ill never go heroin, ever. I dont plan on taking these every weekend either just on special occasions if I do like them

Just start slow mate, and no night will ever be like the first night as well. Remember that.

Do you mind me asking who you are doing them with? Any experienced people in the crowd?

Just start slow mate, and no night will ever be like the first night as well. Remember that.

Do you mind me asking who you are doing them with? Any experienced people in the crowd?

Ah theyre takin them years now, I'm not being pressured or anything I hust want to try them myself since I know these aren't bad ones

God... wrote: »
    It's an unbelievable experience but as I sad in moderation.

I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't taken a little bit of acid, waited for the peak and then put a marshmallow between two After Eights and eaten it.

ing.
    A.

I don't think what you are doing is hypocritical I must say. You had bad times and that's fair enough, you are acting out of concern about not wanting another person to experience what you have and I can see the honour in that.

The thing is, I reckon you had people telling you drugs were this, that and the other...so I imagine how much of the bad you could have avoided if you were told accurate and decent information on how to be safe?

I clearly see your reasoning but I do not believe that taking a mind alternating drug can be accurate to the extent that all who decide to experiment will be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jimmyhologram

One thing to know is that you shouldn't do it under the illusion that it'll be just the once. (You probably know this already, but it's worth saying.)

I was never the "type" for it, took first one at around the same age (mid-twenties), took maybe another three dozen over the next two years, on and off.

Great fun, great nights out, though looking back I can't but feel it knocked me off course. Could have been travelling, reading, learning etc, though perhaps those are just the laments typical of anyone my age (mid-thirties).

If I had the chance again, I would avoid. No question. Having said all that, have fun and look after yourself.

I clearly see your reasoning but I do not believe that taking a mind alternating drug can be accurate to the extent that all who decide to experiment will be safe.

Well at the end of the day it's chemistry and biology, so the basics are largely constant. While a good or bad experience may be individual in it's impact it's universal in it's theme. So being able to point out how to possible avoid, lessen or diminish the bad and how to not get trapped up and seduced by the good can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Well son, if you are sure to be sure that its real MDMA, then you are in for a pretty fcuking awesome time.

You'll be sitting there having the normal yap and then this warm orgasmic feeling will come over you, like start in your toes or your head, and this unexplainable urge to get get get get up and boogey!! Doesn't matter if its the theme tune to east enders, or the bill, you'll be boppin like a mad thing.

You'll probably say stuff like "Dyaaaaa know whaaaa lads, yis are all a sound buch of ba$tards! And see you, yeah you there! I'd ride ye! Cm'ere and I give you one".

"Now I know we're mates man, and we're both the same sex, but I just wanna give you a quick ware man, c'mom do it! It's not gay its just coz I LLLLOOOOVE ye! Right ok no wares, just get up and dance with me! Cmom dance people dance!"

"Lads ye see this couch here? Feel it there? Thats textures deadly isnt it, dya know im gonna do? Im gonna rub me cheek of it now, oh yeah that feels great so it does"

"Can I have one of them Jellies please? MMMMMM they are soooo chewwy and yummy! Especially the red ones, oh gimme more red ones!!"

"HEY!!! Turn eastenders back up, I was dancing to that!"

That sorta stuff. Don't mind suicide Tuesday, just be aware you may feel like **** as you have used about three weeks of serotonin in 4 hours and its going to take some time to get back.

One of me mates was lickin everyones faces and rubbin his hands together for ages he looked autistic but he seemed to be enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

baraca wrote: »
    A lad I know also took e about 8 years ago And he's never come down

Must have been some pretty strong [COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]hit.

Must of, I don't ask him about it, he gets really upset, he's a lovely lad, just made a bad decision, he's on disability for life and can't live on his own, it's not the best option but he insisted on trying it, so he moved out for two weeks, but (I couldn't believe this!) a group of local teenage lads were bullying him, they said very mean stuff, calling him retarded and pushing him around when he was going home, they were kicking his apartment door and throwing stuff at his window, he didn't feel safe so he moved back to his mams, funny thing is, before the E, he would have knocked their head off if they tried. His coordination is fooked so he can't fight or even train anymore.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭gk5000

No experience of drugs cept alcohol.

Doc did mention that E pop's the nerve endings in your brain, which is what gives you the buzz, but may have a long term impact.

OP can make up own mind - don't care either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jimmyhologram

You'll probably say stuff like "Dyaaaaa know whaaaa lads, yis are all a sound buch of ba$tards! And see you, yeah you there! I'd ride ye! Cm'ere and I give you one".

"Now I know we're mates man, and we're both the same sex, but I just wanna give you a quick ware man, c'mom do it! It's not gay its just coz I LLLLOOOOVE ye!

:pac:

Ah the blisters, for extreme E taking one needs hand cream.

Extreme ****ing prices lets hope its worth it. Being unemplyed it has has cost me 5% of me dole. I dunno if I am paying too much would anyone else care to comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm getting pissed right now - I condemn this carry-on...

Extreme ****ing prices lets hope its worth it. Being unemplyed it has has cost me 5% of me dole. I dunno if I am paying too much would anyone else care to comment

Only to wish you all the best, though I get the impression your route has been travelled before. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

enjoy your night.expect a sore jaw,dont go mad just have the wan;)

Only to wish you all the best, though I get the impression your route has been travelled before. :pac:

Not on E. I will comment on monday how i got on. Or tomorrow night if i can use my hands

How much did you pay? Cost of one pill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

Go on, I was going to ask. How much per yoke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Not on E. I will comment on monday how i got on. Or tomorrow night if i can use my hands

Have a good one brother and a safe one :)

• Advertisement

wayfarers wrote: »
    Go on, I was going to ask. How much per yoke?

10r i dunno if thats cheap r not I heard people payin 5rs for one but these are supposed to neavy duty. only need a half to do you a night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement