Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecstasy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

flipper87 wrote: »
    10r i dunno if thats cheap r not I heard people payin 5rs for one but these are supposed to neavy duty. only need a half to do you a night

Bit steep alright, either you or your friends are being rode. Max price'd be 6 or 7 for me. And it better be awesome for that price.
    But remember what I posted earlier.
    I'd pay much more to have my first time again, so it's justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I'm amazed that the mods have decided to leave this thread open, especially considering some of the stuff people get banned for around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

10euro sounds about right to me. If anyone can get 'em for less let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

grindle wrote: »
    Bit steep alright, either you or your friends are being rode. Max price'd be 6 or 7 for me. And it better be awesome for that price.
    But remember what I posted earlier.
    I'd pay much more to have my first time again, so it's justified.

whats the most youv heard of been paid? Its hardly goin to break the bank (dole card ha) but i get to keep half for next time thats the way i see it (hopefully)

Owen_S wrote: »
    I'm amazed that the mods have decided to leave this thread open, especially considering some of the stuff people get banned for around here.

Most posts have erred on the side of caution and said "Have a great time" or "Don't do it." not "Do it even if you don't want to. Might be why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

memories coming back after reading this thread...love AH :D
    would i go back to my oul ways?.....most definetly!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

This song describes it well

skinny90 wrote: »
    memories coming back after reading this thread...love AH :D
    would i go back to my oul ways?.....most definetly!:D

That's the stuff! I'll break out my collection of Utah Saints 12"s, you get us sorted and before you can say "I've quit my job to take up fire juggling" we'll be chawing the night away.

whats the most youv heard of been paid? Its hardly goin to break the bank (dole card ha) but i get to keep half for next time thats the way i see it (hopefully)

The most I've HEARD of was back in my brother's hey-day, when it was up to 15 pounds if there was a shortage. He got rid of the shortage by becoming a drug-dealer (he isn't anymore, BTW).
    Or people in Australia paying $25-30.

10's totally worth it. going price for most nowadays is 5-6, 3-4 if you know your dealer well or buy in bulk.
    In Amsterdam recently and got about 20 small wraps from a gram of MDMA (35 euros) that'd blow the head off you. Great value for money in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I recommend. Make sure you're with people you know and trust. Take a half first and DON'T scoff another one if you feel nothing straight away, takes about twenty mins!
    Post back about your experience ;-)

• Advertisement

The most I've HEARD of was back in my brother's hey-day, when it was up to 15 pounds if there was a shortage. He got rid of the shortage by becoming a drug-dealer (he isn't anymore, BTW).
    Or people in Australia paying $25-30.

10's totally worth it. going price for most nowadays is 5-6, 3-4 if you know your dealer well or buy in bulk.
    In Amsterdam recently and got about 20 small wraps from a gram of MDMA (35 euros) that'd blow the head off you. Great value for money in Amsterdam.

Cheap as chips! 50 sterling is an accepted price to pay in London for a gram of MSMA so 35euro is a steal.

I recommend. Make sure you're with people you know and trust. Take a half first and DON'T scoff another one if you feel nothing straight away, takes about twenty mins!

will do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

You are so, so lucky. I'd honestly pay a few hundred euro to have my first time again, just to have those exact same feelings... SO JEALOUS!

MUST KILL OP IN NON-DRUG-FUELLED RAGE!!!

Don't listen to any of the plebs who're saying anything bad'll happen.

Be prepared to hug (and possibly kiss) every single person there. You'll spend about three hours wearing the heads off everyone telling them how it could end war and bring peace to the world.

Spot on what you say there dude, god that 1st buzz is some buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I was 16 when i done them first. done 3 that night. deadly night! I was with some bird that was on big brother aswel that night!!

wayfarers wrote: »
    Cheap as chips! 50 sterling is an accepted price to pay in London for a gram of MSMA so 35euro is a steal.

Well, street-price was 50euros, but the dealer is a friend's friend, so... I lucked-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 something fishy going on

You will love them and have a great time, or get depressed and want to kill yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

That's the stuff! I'll break out my collection of Utah Saints 12"s, you get us sorted and before you can say "I've quit my job to take up fire juggling" we'll be chawing the night away.
    im coming down man!!blue camels all the way:cool::cool:

You will love them and have a great time, or get depressed and want to kill yourself.

Without derailing this thread I have seen more people go off on a downer smoking weed or hash than on e. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

You'll be a hero for a night. Like this guy:

Take a half first and DON'T scoff another one if you feel nothing straight away, takes about twenty mins!
    I'd say wait 45-50 mins. Too often myself and friends have done the half-hour thing and thought "fukc it, everyone else is WAY more demented, better pop another..."

Fast forward another hour and the eyes are rolling into the back of your head and you're walking around Trouw in Amsterdam shouting "Oh, BILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!" at everyone who passes by*.

*May or may not have happened.

• Advertisement

I'm more concerned about the person of indeterminate gender two to the right of this guy- that greasy fringe is just AWFUL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I took them for about 10 years back in late 90's and early 00's. If you want a bit of advice from me. Don't get into doing them every weekend. The people that i hung around with back then that went hell for leather on them are now completely sober or active alco's. They'd start partying on a fri night and keep going right through to Monday morning every week. Drinking steadily too all weekend. Getting wine at 8 in morning from garage forecourt's etc. Do that for 10 or 15 years every weekend and it catches up with you.

The people that managed to keep a level head and only do it once or twice a month did far better in the long run.

I loved it though, great times. Too old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

when I were a lad, my mate was alledgedly one of Londons biggest ecstacy dealers(obviously not true as he is really as pure as the driven snow and a keep fit fanatic who wouldn't hurt a fly but mud sticks etc etc). Of the tens of thousands of err customers that alledgedly bought controlled substances off his legion of minnions, I didn't see any drop dead or what have you but I did see an awful lot of them do laps of dance floors like robot duracell bunnies as well as suddenly turning from repressed wallflowers into dancing lovebugs with stamina of oxes. Personally I feckin hate everyone and have no desire to pop a pill to change that but I'd say the biggest risk is that you will look a twat when you finally come down and have spent a weeks wages on Ballygowan. Have a nice trip:D edit: now you have bothered asking about it, you are probably doomed to be the one who dies horribly from organ failure due to rocketing body temp. The ones who are fine are those who just do it without thinking/spur of the moment;-)Ha Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Drug controls don't work if a person gets an addiction to the high they produce, I fcuking know it too well how these tabs have a long term harmful effect on some people as they chase that original high. I am lucky I have come out the other side relatively unscathed, I have friends who travelled that road with me who have not been so fortunate.

As for boards, you can't call a person a jerk without getting a ban but you can tell a young person to take an illegal drug with no consequence. This should be reviewd by the powers that be.

I agree with that, but different people have different tolerances, some can do certain drugs and be just fine and can handle it, without it causing them problems, others can encounter problems down the road, but this is happening anyway, a zero tolerance, preaching approach is always going to fall on deaf ears, scaremongering that has essentially always been the policy is not going to work. Just look at the ridicolousness of what happened over in the U.K, they fired a prominent member who was involved in advising them on drugs, because he stated things they just didn't like.

I also agree with your point about the policy of denying people the right to call someone out for being an idiot, far too sensitive, but anyway, at present that's the way it is..

But in any case, while there should not be faciltation of advocation of drugs outright,... there should be room to discuss drugs themselves and allow people to point towards helpful advice to others who are probably going to do them anyway, the least we can do is educate them on the matter as others have already mentioned in this thread.

The government and past governments have failed to do this and are therefore failing people... this outright "don't do drugs" crap isn't doing anything.

What do schools do on educating students on drugs? Nothing, at least not since I left school which was fairly recent..... this needs to change.

woodoo wrote: »

How old is too old??? Careful what you answer.:(

:D:D

I'd say that guy bails hay and milks cows during the week.

:D:D

I'd say that guy bails hay and milks cows during the week.

I'd say he could wrap a christmas present with only his jaw ha

How old is too old??? Careful what you answer.:(

It depends on your company i suppose. But mid 30's out with people in their late teens and early 20's starts to look silly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

First time? Do a half, dance, talk **** & enjoy yourself, just be aware, be around friends, and take care of yourself

• Advertisement

It depends on your company i suppose. But mid 30's out with people in their late teens and early 20's starts to look silly.

F**K that! I'd never go out with young 'uns. With their intermediary year and their ipads and their skinny jeans and half a yoke and you're carrying them outside for air.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm not old, but older. I wouldn't take'm going out these days. But love to take the odd one or two at home about once a year.

OP, you'll have a ball. Wednesday might feel more than a little creepy though.

Don't get spooked. Hug someone or something if you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think this pretty much sums up the feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Taking my first pill tomorrow night, what can i expect?

You could try get a test kit from somewhere, just to be sure theres mdma in them and no dodgy stuff
    If they are good pills then I expect you will have a great time. Just take no more than a half to begin with
    People can judge you all they want but fcuk them

I think this pretty much sums up the feeling

Hmmm. Those teeth have done some chawing in their time, what's left of them. Carry plenty of gum OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cazzgirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

mackeire wrote: »
    I was 16 when i done them first. done 3 that night. deadly night! I was with some bird that was on big brother aswel that night!!

who?

send link to picture...

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

hmm so you had a bad experience from smoke and you said you had a panic attack before.

id go easy so and only take a half.

tbf if you have taken acid before and it was real acid then you should be fine with pills.
    if you did take acid then this wont be as good as what people here are saying.

with acid and mushrooms you feel and sense so much more, its a wider experience if you follow.
    with pills its pretty formulaic imo.

but dont turn into a pillhead, nothing worse then seeing lads chewing there face off listening to **** dance music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

took them for every weekend for about 4/5 years, had a blast, spent most mondays in a daze, only feeling 'real' about wednesday, thursday was spent looking forward to the next round. Always managed to be in good company. would take one/two in the nightclub and the rest at an after party.

Still like the odd one now and then but its a very rare occasion. Lost a fair few skin cells on the inside of my jaws and had a few nightmares - usually on a monday night and more due to alcohol consumed on Sunday then anything, but overall fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

XistheBest wrote: »
    +1 million

Registered just to wish you luck. been lurking for 5 years.

Take 1 to 1.5 if you can.

Try exercise for an hour that day.

Before doing them drink a pint of water, orange juice and a packet of crisps.

don't drink more than 3/4 pints. sip water when you come up dont chug.

Gonna be the best night of your life

Whats the story with the exercise bud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    Dont eat b4 you take them and you wont get sick.
    I never liked them in clubs i liked them in a house with a few friends and the heating up full.Sex is weird on them you cant cum.

Never mind not cuming.... ya cant feckn piss.

*not that on the come down to keep the spirits up we used to bet on who could piss first or anything!:o

• Advertisement

flynnlives wrote: »
    hmm so you had a bad experience from smoke and you said you had a panic attack before.

id go easy so and only take a half.

tbf if you have taken acid before and it was real acid then you should be fine with pills.
    if you did take acid then this wont be as good as what people here are saying.

but dont turn into a pillhead, nothing worse then seeing lads chewing there face off listening to **** dance music.

was defo real acid, the radiator was talking to me ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Never mind not cuming.... ya cant feckn piss.

*not that on the come down to keep the spirits up we used to bet on who could piss first or anything!:o

The amount of times I ran the cold tap on my hand to help me pee!! Used to work, eventually, or else I just imagined I had peed ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

my advice and its the same advice my old man gave me is

"everything in moderation"

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

cazzgirl wrote: »

haha nothing like getting back to nature

check this guy out ...remember flipper if you get them lovely feelings thru ur bones get up and boogie! dont do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYN64FC-AY&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Just for you OP

Feck all this advice,the pro's n con's the why fors and why nots, what might/might not happen,its your choice to do what you want to but what you need is some music to get you in the mood

:D Hope you have a great night! \o/

p.s. ........ there's always the other side

:eek:

(but I'd seriously doubt it,statistically your on the right side of safety compared to say.....drinkers! There's been more deaths per year from alcohol than MDMA or E)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

They used to cost £15 a pill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Birdie086 wrote: »
    The amount of times I ran the cold tap on my hand to help me pee!! Used to work, eventually, or else I just imagined I had peed ha ha

:D

Great auld imagination.

I remember one time we were sure that we saw cows in the estate and having sampled some supplements thought we were tripping it was only the next day that people were saying "fckn cows were did they come from! ruined my grass":D Seemed like a brillaint trip. jasus lads this is unreal the realism :o

blueyedson wrote: »
    haha nothing like getting back to nature

LMAO at the Russian rave. I can identify with the ones standing there hands on hips and a bored sneer on the face that only a belly full of doves or mitsubishis would great rid of. Good to see some people still raving plein air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

YFlyer wrote: »
    They used to cost £15 a pill.

They used to cost £25 a pill !!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

If they're good ones, a brilliant night full of energy, chatting(loads of ****e but it will seem very important and intense), everyone being your best friend. I was afraid before I did them the first time but had an amazing night! I find it very hard to sleep after them, even the next day but I'm a bit insomniac anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement