Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EVER GET a weird feeling

• 14-04-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

So have you ever got a weird feeling about anything.

I was the other side of the world a couple years ago and the script came on. I just got weird feeling that I could be a different side of the world and I can hear an Irish band like on the radio.

I just couldn't get my head around it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Deja Vú.

Not only that, but it feels like it happened before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I get one every morning bout 10 am. Trip to the toilet usually sorts it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

cena wrote: »

I was the other side of the world a couple years ago and the script came on. I just got weird feeling that I could be a different side of the world and I can hear an Irish band like on the radio.

Acid.

Wouldn't it be weirder if we lived in a world that no coincidence ever happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Were you in L.A by any chance? I got a weird feeling there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I always get a loud ringing in my ear if someone's at my front door looking for something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Were you in L.A by any chance? I got a weird feeling there

No new york visting family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

MungBean wrote: »
    I get one every morning bout 10 am. Trip to the toilet usually sorts it out.

The aul morning woodie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I do remember once when in Amsterdam having a Déjà vu expierence while walking around the canal district like a feeling I had been here before ( I hadn't been to Amsterdam before then ...at least not in this life ) and it was one of the strangest expierence I ever had . I dunno ...maybe it's something to do with been away on foreign shores , away from our usual surroundings that triggers something off in the brain but it was a very real feeling I've never been able to really understand or explain away .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

1998. Downtown Beijing, random bar. All locals in there ( besides me and my work colleague). The sound system blaring unrecognizable music all night...but the beer was cheap. Then at 2355h "The Coors " comes blasting out.. The bar goes nuts. Surreal.

Actually I felt cheated. Hey I'm Irish here, ok?! Ok?!

:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

March last year, I had a really restless night sleep and woke up really early (5am maybe?)and came on here... i had a weird feeling something was going to happen and even started a thread questioning why everyone was online at the really early hour of the morning.

Someone then posted the thread about the Japanese earthquake... that was pretty surreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

this thread is giving me the weirdest feeling of contempt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

We used to see my grandparents most weekends, and when I was 13 I remember hugging my nana goodbye and getting this awful feeling I would never see her again.

I didn't. She died two days later after suffering a stroke. Will never forget that weird feeling :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Latchy wrote: »
    I do remember once when in Amsterdam having a Déjà vu expierence while walking around the canal district like a feeling I had been here before ( I hadn't been to Amsterdam before then ...at least not in this life ) and it was one of the strangest expierence I ever had . I dunno ...maybe it's something to do with been away on foreign shores , away from our usual surroundings that triggers something off in the brain but it was a very real feeling I've never been able to really understand or explain away .

Or you were probably stoned out of your fúcking mind! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Since the advent of radio it's possible to transmit sound over great distances

Dean09 wrote: »
    Or you were probably stoned out of your fúcking mind! :pac:
    I was thinking that somebody might reply with such like comment ( some things are not so mu DeJaVu ...more predictable ) but no ,I was not under the affects of stimulents or tripping on acid at the time.It was a very real feeling ...like when you know somebody is about to say something and a few seconds later they do ? ...well try transfer that to surroundings of familiarity ( which has nothing to do with looking at pictures or documentrys about that particular city )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ha reminds me of lying on the grass as a teen and looking at the stars with your mates going woooaaah its like we're so insignificant, dude thats deep *keanus Reeves face*

Well I suppose it is those moments when I realise that things don't matter that much, someone was pissing me off big time and a feeling of lightness came over me of this actually doesnt matter at all, alright maybe I was zoning out. I'm pretty good at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

???

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I do remember once when in Amsterdam .

Drugs whores we've all been there bro

sgb wrote: »
    Drugs whores we've all been there bro
    No dude ,somebody already beat you to that one = read the previous posts .( everybody always assumes Amsterdam is only a druggie city , well it is that to ... but that's beside the point and not everybody in Amsterdam is walking around doped to the gulls 24/7 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Once in a while I'll get this feeling of dread and the thought "Oh sh!t, I'm this old. If I don't do something quick, I'll reach another age and be thinking 'oh sh!t, I should have done something that one time.'" Sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Its not weird feelings that I find strange. Its the people who get so seriously worked up about the smallest things in life and take things so seriously when in reality after thousands of years of civilisation we have no idea where we came from, why we are here or where we are going.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

We used to see my grandparents most weekends, and when I was 13 I remember hugging my nana goodbye and getting this awful feeling I would never see her again.

I didn't. She died two days later after suffering a stroke. Will never forget that weird feeling :(

Confirmation bias. You probably had that feeling once a month but you only remember this one time because she actually died. If she hadn't died that month you wouldn't have remembered the feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Groundhog Day.....Bill Murray will explain it to you if you turn on RTE now......again and again.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Got a weird feeling once that The Script are completely sh1te.
    Oh wait, that was a normal feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Got a weird feeling once that The Script are completely sh1te.
    Oh wait, that was a normal feeling.

Thought the weirdest feeling for you would be hitting the back of the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

well Deja vu is when one eye sends the image you're seeing a few mili seconds to the brain later than the other. By the time it does the first image has already been processed, hence why we recognise it. Although I have been in cities before that it was my first time ever being to and knowing my way to places just from a gut feeling, has anyone else had something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Tazio wrote: »
    1998. Downtown Beijing, random bar. All locals in there ( besides me and my work colleague). The sound system blaring unrecognizable music all night...but the beer was cheap. Then at 2355h "The Coors " comes blasting out.. The bar goes nuts. Surreal.

Actually I felt cheated. Hey I'm Irish here, ok?! Ok?!

:).
    Was it chucking out time?. That's a great way to clear a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I'm feeling weird right now. like that pre Japanese earthquake type feeling. could just be pms though.

well Deja vu is when one eye sends the image you're seeing a few mili seconds to the brain later than the other. By the time it does the first image has already been processed, hence why we recognise it. Although I have been in cities before that it was my first time ever being to and knowing my way to places just from a gut feeling, has anyone else had something like this?
    Yeah ... have a look back at some previous posts .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I cycle up a particular hill in Louth sometimes and at a little shy of 500m it's the highest thing around. When I stand on a little mound at the very top and there's a strong wind I kinda feel like I'm going to be blown off the top of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Yeah, I remember hearing U2 in Drumcondra.

Blew my fcuking mind, man.

Once, I was lying on my bed listening to The Black Album on shuffle.. For some reason, I started to predict what the next track would be and I was right every time until I had to leave the room. It was about 15 correct 1/11 answers in a row.. It freaked me out while I was doing it but I just kept getting it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Yeah ... have a look back at some previous posts .

You said you just recognised what was around you? That's just deja vu like I stated. I meant did anyone experience being somewhere new and just knowing your way around for some unexplained reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

often think i see someone i know only for it to be a lookalike,then not 2 mins later actually see that person,or same goes as thinking of someone and hey presto they appear

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Was in an Irish bar in Thailand watching some football.

Quiet enough part of one of the islands but I can't recall which one off the top of my head.

As soon as the game ended the thai barman turned off the telly and turned up the speakers on the radio.

They were listening to Limerick's live 95fm.

The death notices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

I was the other side of the world a couple years ago and the script came on.
    No new york visting family

New York is hardly the other side of the world now.

Up a mountain in the back arse of mongolia and hearing the script would be a weird feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

nibtrix wrote: »
    Confirmation bias. You probably had that feeling once a month but you only remember this one time because she actually died. If she hadn't died that month you wouldn't have remembered the feeling

I had a similar feeling when I was eight. My grandmother lived in England and when we left on the train, I really felt like I was never going to see her again. I remember crying and crying and just feeling awful.
    Weird thing is, she didn't die until I was 13. So why would I remember that incident so well? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I get a weird feeling every now and again. Incidentally, now.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore. I've forgotten what I started fighting for. It's time to bring this ship into the shore, and throw away the oars, forever.

Advertisement