Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Project Help!

• 14-04-2012 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm in 5th Year and my history teacher wants us to know our History Project titles by the summer,no later and I have nothing. I need some ideas! I was thinking of doing something on Marilyn Monroe but it probably wouldn't work. I have no interest in Irish History so that is completly ruled out but I do like European and American history.
    I know there are so many topics that I could do but I have completly blanked! Any help would be great,thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tipperaryguy

im in 5th year at the mo, our teacher told us to avoid the usual "famine/War of Independance in my town" so i did The Battle of Antietam in the American Civil War( wha?,exactly!:D), i actually found it interesting! whatever you pick make sure youve an interest in it, cos it takes a loada time and effort! you could try JFK or Martin Luther King and either of their assinations?:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do something specific and ideally local.

Try stay away from the ones that everyone does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I would say that Hitler/Holocaust/WWII Battles are no go areas because they'll have been done so often.

Why don't you try a major event? Something similar to 9/11 that made massive world news but pre-dates 1993? Ones that spring to mind would be Chernobyl or the Oklahoma Bombing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I'm in 5th Year and my history teacher wants us to know our History Project titles by the summer,no later and I have nothing. I need some ideas! I was thinking of doing something on Marilyn Monroe but it probably wouldn't work. I have no interest in Irish History so that is completly ruled out but I do like European and American history.
    I know there are so many topics that I could do but I have completly blanked! Any help would be great,thanks! :)
    Have a look here - you might get some ideas-

http://leavingcerthistory.net/research-projects/suggested-topics/

Advertisement