Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Amis-The Pregnant Widow.

Options
  • 14-04-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I just finished reading 'The Pregnant widow' which was heralded as a return to from by MA. I had read 'Money' 'The Information ' 'London Fields', 'Success' and 'Night-train ' Previously. All but the last one were quite good. Quite punchy. He really zeros in on life without being too descriptive. I started reading 'Yellow-dog' but abandoned it half way. The first book I ever did that to-a significant moment in my life.
    I had high hopes for the PW. The return to form. While the language and narrative is much improved since 'Yellow Dog' I found the story a bit long winded and pointless. I felt no real connection between the main character and his femme fatale. Perhaps, also as a man I already realise how pathetic our search for beauty and sex really is. I didnt need the mirror Martin.

Has anybody else read this book?

Advertisement