Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing deadlines/briefs

Options
  • 14-04-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    My bf is finishing his second year in DIT now, and there has been numerous times where he's found out last minute that a deadline on one of his projects has changed/his brief has changed so he has to do something completely different, that they tell you about in class but don't notify you in any other way. I think that this is very unfair, as when I was in Maynooth there were times where I and other people missed considerable chunks due to illness, and therefore wouldn't have found out about something like this and simply failed the module? Does this normally happen in every class? Not sure I wanna go in Sept if that's the case :S

Sorry about the ramble btw :o

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hey,
    My bf is finishing his second year in DIT now, and there has been numerous times where he's found out last minute that a deadline on one of his projects has changed/his brief has changed so he has to do something completely different, that they tell you about in class but don't notify you in any other way. I think that this is very unfair, as when I was in Maynooth there were times where I and other people missed considerable chunks due to illness, and therefore wouldn't have found out about something like this and simply failed the module? Does this normally happen in every class? Not sure I wanna go in Sept if that's the case :S

It's never happened on my course.

The brief of one project was changed once but that was because the govt passed new legislation which rendered the old brief moot, but we were given an extension because of it.

Tbh, it sounds like your bf just had bad lecturers, I wouldnt let that taint your impression of DIT as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hey,

Definitely get him to get onto DITSU about that one. Sounds pretty dodgy to me

Advertisement