Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hooks robbed from back of cubicle doors

• 14-04-2012 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Why do some people go to the bother of doing the above?

I was in the WC earlier to have a number 2 and when I went to take off my jacket, there was no hook at the back of the door. There were certainly holes to indicate there was a hook previously!

So why does someone go to the bother of unscrewing the hooks? They ain't easy to remove with a bunch of keys so someone would have had a screwdriver on their self to perform the act. Hooks ain't like golddust so why oh why would someone remove them? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Maybe they broke off? Someone put something too heavy on it? They're usually made of cheap chipboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Cash for gold?

It fell off?

The Hookie Monster? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

gurramok wrote: »
    Why do some people go to the bother of doing the above?

I was in the WC earlier to have a number 2 and when I went to take off my jacket, there was no hook at the back of the door. There were certainly holes to indicate there was a hook previously!

So why does someone go to the bother of unscrewing the hooks? They ain't easy to remove with a bunch of keys so someone would have had a screwdriver on their self to perform the act. Hooks ain't like golddust so why oh why would someone remove them? :mad:

Just lift the jacket up when sitting and and when wiping thy arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's whan they nick the toilet rolls ...now that piss's me off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

They break off, then the premises remove the sharp bit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

What I hate the most is when "for a good time call 087........." is written on the wall or door and it turns out to be a 50 year old truck driver. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Cash for gold?

It fell off?

The Hookie Monster? :eek:

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

What I hate the most is when "for a good time call 087........." is written on the wall or door and it turns out to be a 50 year old truck driver. :mad:

Why can't you have a good time with a 50 year old truck driver? they have at least two orifices that you could service, and they might even have drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

People slamming the doors open and breaking them..? If they are stealing them then they must have some serious style in their home, pub ashtrays, hand wash dispensers, hundreds of light bulbs..

I was supposed to stay in a bungalow before in Donegal where the previous person who rented it stole all the copper, the kitchen and bathroom! Pathetic, but funny enough less annoying than the k*ob who steals the batteries, bulbs or door knobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

People steal the strangest things. Ask anybody working in hotels or self catering the number of times the screw in thing that holds the lampshade on a light has to be replaced in a given year and you would not believe it.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

SONIC2008 wrote: »

Nah, these were well screwed in. Someone put the effort in to nick them.

For fux sake, you can get a load of hooks(not hookers:D) in the Euro shops so why nick 'em? It ain't worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

thats ageist- and the older ones generally give better head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

Could be worse, they could be 60 and unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Was in a public toilet recently and the toilet roll was in a standard-looking dispenser and above it was a sign that said 'this dispenser is fitted with an alarm that will alert security in the event of tampering.'

I can just imagine security running through a crowded shopping centre screaming 'geeeeet out of the waaaaaaaaaayyyy'.... :D

yeah, right :D

Nah, these were well screwed in. Someone put the effort in to nick them.

For fux sake, you can get a load of hooks(not hookers:D) in the Euro shops so why nick 'em? It ain't worth it!
    Emmm I have seen them broken plenty of times. Once the hook part breaks off the premises comes along with a screw driver to remove the sharp part left behind. You understand?

Emmm I have seen them broken plenty of times. Once the hook part breaks off the premises comes along with a screw driver to remove the sharp part left behind. You understand?

Nah, this one was nicked. There was no damage, someone actively unscrewed the hook off. Unreal why someone would go to such lengths to just get a hook that costs only a few cents!!

Nah, this one was nicked. There was no damage, someone actively unscrewed the hook off. Unreal why someone would go to such lengths to just get a hook that costs only a few cents!!
    Haha you really don't understand. If someone had damaged the hook (left a heavy jacket on it and part of the hook broke) and the premises owner took away the broken piece and screwed off the piece attached to the door, you would never know what had happened, only that it is gone!!!

Can someone take this from here?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I will avoid using public toilets for number 2s as much as possible but if I must, I will:

a) Wipe the rim of the seat with toilet paper and;

b) strip down to my undies, and;

c) if the floor is clean enough, I might take my shoes and socks off - I like the feel of a cold, tiled floor on my feet as I take a crap - it's a sort of OCD thing with me. It goes without saying that toilets with carpet floors are a no no.

d) Use copious amounts of bog roll and flush as much as possible. I don't want to leave a "souvenir" for the next toilet user. And that brings me to the question...

Why do some people not bother to flush? It's bloody manky and scummy!:(:mad:

Haha you really don't understand. If someone had damaged the hook (left a heavy jacket on it and part of the hook broke) and the premises owner took away the broken piece and screwed off the piece attached to the door, you would never know what had happened, only that it is gone!!!

Can someone take this from here?

So you reckon it wasn't nicked but removed coz of a heavy jacket damaging it? Thats a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

So you reckon it wasn't nicked but removed coz of a heavy jacket damaging it? Thats a new one.

Finally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I will avoid using public toilets for number 2s as much as possible but if I must, I will:

a) Wipe the rim of the seat with toilet paper and;

b) strip down to my undies, and;

c) if the floor is clean enough, I might take my shoes and socks off - I like the feel of a cold, tiled floor on my feet as I take a crap - it's a sort of OCD thing with me. It goes without saying that toilets with carpet floors are a no no.

d) Use copious amounts of bog roll and flush as much as possible. I don't want to leave a "souvenir" for the next toilet user. And that brings me to the question...

? you mean take all your clothes off except undies? Counter productive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

? you mean take all your clothes off except undies? Counter productive.

Sorry - should have clarified that - I meant my jocks and vest/t-shirt. I hate being clothed whilst having a sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

It shouldn't be bloody. See your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Sorry - should have clarified that - I meant my jocks and vest/t-shirt. I hate being clothed whilst having a sh*te.

Do not commit a crime my friend, you'd last only as long as you can hold in a crap in prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Tightening of grip on hook as ring is whitewashed.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Advertisement