Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Desk

Options
  • 15-04-2012 12:07am

I see the Help Desk is still being inundated with questions and requests which are completely unrelated to what the forum is intended for. I remember at one point the forum was even renamed in an attempt to avoid this (to no avail if I recall).

I'd suggest maybe adding something like on the Dispute Resolution forum where a large banner is placed above the forum or new thread page, advising users that the forum is for assistance with boards.ie issues and not for general queries.

Just thought I'd get my two cents out there.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's not too bad, just an odd blip of 3 or 4 lately. But people still manage to somehow miss even the giant unavoidable banner in DRP equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Spear wrote: »
    But people still manage to somehow miss even the giant unavoidable banner in DRP equally.

To be fair...... well fair to an extent.... That banner doesn't appear on touch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

MugMugs wrote: »
    To be fair...... well fair to an extent.... That banner doesn't appear on touch.

But in the case of both, there's still the visible charter, stickies, thread prefixes, other thread titles, forum description text etc etc, all of which still get ignored.

Advertisement