Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think i made a purchase on a fraud website? can they charge my debit card? HELP?

Options
  • 15-04-2012 1:25am

I paid 3.69 twice for diet pills for a free trial, now i have found out that they charge you over 100 euro in a months time. Its a fraud. what can i do?? there is no contact details and i have no money in my debit visa card left, and i never use it. Can they still charge the card?? what should i do?? please help me!!

I know how stupid i am...sickening

<SNIP> link removed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Contact your bank, tell them you have authorised a recurring payment, you have tried to cancel this with the merchant, but they are not responding to your request to cancel, so you want to revoke the authorisation for the recurring payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Corklassy wrote: »
    I paid 3.69 twice for diet pills for a free trial, now i have found out that they charge you over 100 euro in a months time. Its a fraud. what can i do?? there is no contact details and i have no money in my debit visa card left, and i never use it. Can they still charge the card?? what should i do?? please help me!!

I know how stupid i am...sickening

<SNIP>

^^^ that site is fake. Try clicking on one of the tabs on it like 'world news' or 'sport' - it redirects you to a sign up page!

Contact your bank straightaway a file a <SNIP> complaint. You might get money back

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I remember another poster making this mistake a while ago. Although the business practices may be poor, the website did clearly state in the T&Cs that they would charge a monthly fee following the initial discounted offer.

In your case, you should immediately cancel the subscription with the retailer. Their T&Cs usually state that you can cancel within a certain timeframe. In addition, notify your card provider of the cancellation, including a copy of the cancellation email.

In future, read the T&Cs, and remember that if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

thanks guyyyyyys:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Plus Customs will most likely confiscate the Rat poison (for all you know that's what it is) when they see it and those pills don't work even if legit, destroy your liver at best like what has happened to other people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

If you're using Firefox install this, it'll help you with finding out if a site is dodgy or not.

Advertisement