Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alcohol

• 15-04-2012 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭

Taking my first beer tomorrow night, what can i expect?
    The government say it's legal and they tax it, so it must be fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

mikom wrote: »

Make sure you only have half a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Don't
    Join the pioneers you would be much better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You may sh!t yourself if you have a bad one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Down with this sorta thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

First Beer ...? you never struck me as a first beer man but you may be or have been a pioneer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Expect a cold liquid going down your neck.

Unlike other drugs about which we shall not have threads, all the horror stories are... true, and very common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Just admit that you're an alcoholic and that you have a disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's it im going to bed, tri force have just landed in the North West for anyone rocking it on. Best thing since Mc Donalds according to OhhHellYa!

They go well with cool beer by all accounts;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

grindle wrote: »
    Make sure you only have half a pint.

DONT take any kind of pills ;) wheter prescribed or otherwise!

* and dont let any of the buzz kill boardies know what your planning - they'll have the thread closed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Bit iffy about it to be honest.

There is a guy who my mom has told me about for years and it has always put the fear n me when it comes to alcohol, he was a doctor, took a beer, his first time doing it, came from a "good brewery" whatever was in that bottle switched something in his brain that convinced him he had to kill his niece, he tried it and is still in a mental institution on plenty of drugs now that are trying to fix whatever that alcohol did to his brain. Fairly sad story really. Is it worth the possibility of something like this happening even if it is only a slight chance?

That's it im going to bed, tri force have just landed in the North West for anyone rocking it on. Best thing since Mc Donalds according to OhhHellYa!

They go well with cool beer by all accounts;)

Did you say cool beercstasy? Oh, no, cool beer, that's alright then... Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

There is a guy who my mom has told me about for years and it has always put the fear n me when it comes to alcohol, he was a doctor, took a beer, his first time doing it, came from a "good brewery" whatever was in that bottle switched something in his brain that convinced him he had to kill his niece, he tried it and is still in a mental institution on plenty of drugs now that are trying to fix whatever that alcohol did to his brain. Fairly sad story really. Is it worth the possibility of something like this happening even if it is only a slight chance?
    Ones mental state will always be important if / when the consumtion of alchol is on the cards but millions get by every week with out any great harm ( not to be confused with the many others who lives are wrecked by it ) so it's safe in moderation .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Spin round and round and round. The sick feeling and dizziness are hallmarks. + the spinning thing.. Doing silly stuff you wouldnt normally do. If you're someone who needs to loosen up it'll do you some good imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It will result in you getting locked?

;)

2am, almost closing time. Where's the after-party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

If the government says it's okay, you'll be grand. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Yoou're gonna fucking love it, the start of a lifelong romance. Maybe ye will argue some time, not to worry, ye can always make up.
    After a while introduce drugs into the relatuionship, you will not be sorry. Alcahol and drugs make everything better.
    This is true. Just do not overdo it.
    And fuck the begrudgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Try it with E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

have ye no homes to go to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Nope, free wifi in the field, mad craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

we used to pay about 25 quid for beer back in the day

how much is it these days?

blueyedson wrote: »
    we used to pay about 25 quid for beer back in the day

how much is it these days?

4-5 euros a pop, 1-2 if you know a good dealer. But if I could have that first smack of drunkenness smash me over the head again, I'd pay... 1-2 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

If you're not enjoying yourself in the pub just leave and drive home, nothing better than a relaxing jaunt around the countryside after a few beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Expect to be really thirsty and need to pee a lot.
    I thought beer taste rank for the first 7 years of my drinking escapades. I like a rum and coke as a tipple, yes goes down well.
    You'll be grand as long as youre not drinking when upset or to escape something all the time the only thing to worry about is beer gut and liver disease, the normal stuft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Brandy or beer? Water's a good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I like when its warm outside, long summer evening, well into tipsy, its just getting dark and you've wandered out of a house party with a few friends to go frolicking in some fields, skipping and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

drink the non alcoholic stuff, tastes the same and after a while you won't know the difference.

Babybuff wrote: »
    drink the non alcoholic stuff, tastes the same and after a while you won't know the difference.

Not the Bavaria sh!t, oh no it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

o yesh it does.

Erdinger is lovely non alcoholic, nicer than the alcoholic stuff. just be careful not to mistake one for the other though, the real stuff is fair strong.

Babybuff wrote: »
    o yesh it does.

Erdinger is lovely non alcoholic, nicer than the alcoholic stuff. just be careful not to mistake one for the other though, the real stuff is fair strong.

I shall try it, and am used to Erdinger and stronger.
    If you lie, heaven shall forsake your name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,309 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Down with this sorta thing.
    Careful Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

If you're not sure about drinking don't drink beer, not the usual stuff sold in Irelandia-land-ville-town anyway 'cos all you'll get in fizzy urine, drink some belgian/deutsch beers and you will be in danger of instantaneous alcoholism(y'no, 'cos they taste so good)! Or alternatively have a few captain n cokes, smooooooooooo-ooooooth!:rolleyes::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 d1992

Thats cute, I remember when I had my first beer.

d1992 wrote: »
    Thats cute, I remember when I had my first beer.

Disclaimer: Thread is not about beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

SWIM finds Berocca and Vitamin B12 can reduce a lot of the 'skag' effects. Taken before going to bed and when SWIM wakes up. Reduces the depression/paranoia SWIM got somethings after having a bEer.

empacher wrote: »
    SWIM finds Berocca and Vitamin B12 can reduce a lot of the 'skag' effects. Taken before going to bed and when SWIM wakes up. Reduces the depression/paranoia SWIM got somethings after having a bEer.

Fairly sure that 'SWIM' malarkey is just an ill-conceived forum façade that would never stand up in court, but thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Fairly sure that 'SWIM' malarkey is just an ill-conceived forum façade that would never stand up in court, but thanks for the tip!

*puts nerdy glasses on*

Reroutes IP address to somewhere in south east asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Afaik most people who drink drink responsibly and don't try to murder anyone,Enjoy it you be fine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Remember OP "a long journey begins with one step" so with this one pint who will set your life on a course to a beer gut, unfitness, ill health, being broke, broken homes and ruined relationships, a liver the size of a football, cirrhosis and death.....Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

Ummm .... beer!

(Sorry for the one word reply ...... but it seems so obvious an answer and succinct too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You probably won't enjoy your first beer. It takes a little while to get the taste for it.
    Then you're snared for life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Bills Hicks wannabe #1,023,055

:pac:

Bills Hicks wannabe #1,023,055

No, this is a piss-take of the now-closed, short-lived thread 'Ecstasy'. It's satirical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

No, this is a piss-take of the now-closed, short-lived thread 'Ecstasy'. It's satirical.

I haven't been reading all the threads, my bad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

♫ Wha..... wha.......... whaaaaaaaaaaa ♫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

ah cant beat the very first time you ever get drunk, or even tipsy tbh, go too far though and the ceiling is the floor and vice versa, well thats what i remember seeing and feeling like as i was floating around after my first drunk experience :D:pac:

Wouldn't expect you to read all the minor shhit that happens in the wee hours of a Saturday night/Sunday morning..
    Needless to say, the boards mods think that everybody, given the chance, should take drugs immediately, and to forget the naysayers.
    I think. I may have picked it up wrong, but the thread ended on a positive note drug-wise, so I think that's what they were getting at...
    ♫ Wha..... wha.......... whaaaaaaaaaaa ♫
    Nobody likes a smart-arse, mikom.

*secret smart-arse high-five*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

OP, enjoy your first beer tonight...i'd suggest a nice wheat beer like Erdinger or Paulaner.

Enjoy you beers, don't drink to get drunk and you'll be grand...But don't go mad on it now since your 18, your'll waste too much money and time on the stuff.

Between the age of 18 to 23 I'd have spend €8750...That's taking going out 25 times a year in the period spending an average of €70 a night...now my calculations are on the conservative end, as I was in college I drank at least once a week...

That €8750 is a lot of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Hey! When I started reading this thread I was gonna post this very thing it being mine originally, should have got here sooner!

• Advertisement
Advertisement