Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Aston Villa KO - 4:00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Good team and a good bench :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What is wrong with the Paddy Power betting anyone know? Rooney favourite to score 1st, fair enough, Hernandez 2nd, even though he isn't playing, Berbatov is 3rd even though its a shock that he is on the bench, then the random one, Will Keane is 4th favourite level with Danny Welbeck? Keane as far as I know hasn't been in the squad at all, never mind be starting. After Welbeck is Micheal Owen who is injured till the end of the season basically and has been injured for a long time. Just seems very random.

Some one at Paddy Power looks like he just wrote down every United forward and put them at short odds just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    What is wrong with the Paddy Power betting anyone know? Rooney favourite to score 1st, fair enough, Hernandez 2nd, even though he isn't playing, Berbatov is 3rd even though its a shock that he is on the bench, then the random one, Will Keane is 4th favourite level with Danny Welbeck? Keane as far as I know hasn't been in the squad at all, never mind be starting. After Welbeck is Micheal Owen who is injured till the end of the season basically and has been injured for a long time. Just seems very random.

Some one at Paddy Power looks like he just wrote down every United forward and put them at short odds just in case!

Get on Welbeck then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Well y'see, if Hernandez, Berbatov and Keane don't play before the first goal is scored you get your money back so giving higher odds on them would be a bad move considering its lose/lose for the bookies, so essentially what the bookies are saying is that they think Hernandez and Berbatov are more likely goalscorers than Welbeck, which I'd consider fair.

Will Keane on the other hand, I just don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Their site is down, well it was yesterday. They are getting some stick, happened yesterday during the grand national and for cheltenham.

I use Bet365, prefer them :)

EDIT: Thought the problem was with the site being down and not their odds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Big, big game today. Nerves starting to set in now as they always do around this time of year but you gotta love it. Hope we set down a marker for the rest of the season with a good performance and of course the win. C'mon United. My heart could do without any Macheda type moments in this one but would take it now if you offered.

GGMU \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Nervous now - esp after defeat to Wigan during the week, hoping for a big win , and some early goals, just so i can enjoy the game and have some nails left at the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Not sure if already mentioned but if anyone is looking for 100% biased opinions. MUTV is on freeview at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

0-0 with 80 minutes gone, Berba brought on, scores the winner in the 94th winner, my face....

Crying-meme.png

But I'd happily take a comfortable 3-0 win instead of that.

• Advertisement

Has Berba got close to 10 league games this season? Would be nice if he got a winners medal before leaving in the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

J. Marston wrote: »
    0-0 with 80 minutes gone, Berba brought on, scores the winner in the 94th winner, my face....

Crying-meme.png

But I'd happily take a comfortable 3-0 win instead of that.
    35t53l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I would have preferred to see smalling on the bench ahead of jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hopefully Shay doesn't have a good game today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Shays good, but there is only so much onslaught you can take, don't think AV defence will hold together well against them today, Dunne missing for them is big loss too.

• Advertisement

I hate us playing against Agbonlahor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Good odds on United to come from behind to win with PP 15/2

well observed minute of silence there, respect.

CMONNNNNN UNITED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Feckin' hell. Hopefully that's not a sign of the game to come...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

.... G'wan Villa :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Valencias passing would want to improve already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This is going to be a grim match. Villa are set up incredibly flat when they don't have the ball.

Ah Young got in the way!

Young forgetting what team he plays for :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Patser

.... G'wan Villa :P

Indeed!

C'Mon Villa!! Let some of the youngsters play freely, McLeish! Lets see Bannon, Weimann, Gabby and Ireland play with some freedom to move, rather than just get back and defend!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big, big game today. Nerves starting to set in now as they always do around this time of year but you gotta love it. Hope we set down a marker for the rest of the season with a good performance and of course the win. C'mon United. My heart could do without any Macheda type moments in this one but would take it now if you offered.

GGMU \o/

Only the likes of Wolves, Liverpool, Bolton, Blackburn and maybe Wigan, possibly Stoke could struggle against this Villa side.

To quote travelling Villa fans recently.. "how sh!t must you be, we're winning away" :D

Peno. Young down easy again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Penalty!

Young made a meal of that again. Hardly a penalty?

• Advertisement

At least there was contact this time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ah ffs

that was a shocking spill from young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Brilliant from young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Went down easy but defo a foul IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Young needs to cut that **** out tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Will that sniper leave Ashley alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Young shot again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Boards gonna go into meltdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I'd say it was a penalty but again he's made himself look an absolute knob with his flailing legs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Young you fcuking cheat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can't believe he's got away with it again. What a dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Patser

Feck off Ref!!!

Did you not see Young last week!!!!!

Peno. Young down easy again?

Was contact but he went over easy imo, Rooney scores! :D

Get in,great start!!

Young having no sympathy for his former team that's for sure.

Well taken Rooney! :D

• Advertisement

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

it's Pires incarnate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

no way was that a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Young milked that, can see this being a proper hammering now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Some dive that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement