Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Aston Villa KO - 4:00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Ashley young is a disgrace that is all. If the Fa were any use he'd be banned after the game, yet will never happen as they've no interest in getting this disease out of the game. Young you're a joke and an average footballer at that. At least Bale is a good player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

DB21 wrote: »
    Can we start a new match thread? Leave this one for the conspiracy guys.

Why is it a conspiracy? I personally would prefer United winning the league definitely. Havent heard anyone mention anything like that since the 'penalty'. It was a clear dive, that's all anyone has said.

Certainly one of the biggest cheats in the league.

However, I had Rooney first scorer so I shouldn't really moan too much..double the odds if gets another too and treble if he nets a hatrick and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Carrick and Scholes have a great understanding, reminds me of Keane and Scholes back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

DB10 wrote: »
    Dont know why Young dives like that. He possibly could have scored if he stayed on his feet.

Greater chance of scoring from a pen. Its simple really. Against Wigan Welbeck was too honest when he was being pulled back in the box but stayed on his feet - it cost us.

Something needs to be done about diving though for sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I wish Evans would cut that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Owen_S wrote: »
    Clearly he was caught, it's his dramatics on the way down that piss me off.
    He wasn't 'caught'. He threw his leg into Clark's. If he hadn't done that there would have been no contact.
    Harsh yellow for Carrick.
    Yeah the ref has been harsh on United early on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Corholio wrote: »
    Sick after watching that to be honest. Young kicks Clark's foot and then dives. Not good enough just saying there was 'contact'. I'd love a few United fans to stand up and admit it too. You were probably gonna beat us regardless anyway.

On RedCafe right now there are United fans calling for Young to be benched for his diving.

I'm a United fan and i dont like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

another DB21 Liverpool pop

Are you Wilmunny in disguise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Utter bull****.

why? most fans of bigger clubs don't seem to care when their players dive. some do, obviously, but at villa young was roundly criticised by fans for that nonsense. we hated seeing it and we let him know it. when you're at a bigger club it seems that looking for fouls where there aren't any is seen as more a part of the game to embrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

luissuarez_1391649a.jpg

Complain about what people are posting in the thread....get dig in about player who has nothing to do with the thread.:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

smokedeels wrote: »
    Are you trying to wind-up both sets of supporters?

How?

I dont like McLeish or Villa, so I would like to see them go down instead of Wigan, who play good attractive football with a positive manager.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Anyone wrote: »
    Are you Wilmunny in disguise?

No. Just pointing something out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Oranage2 wrote: »
    8 minutes in and the ref has already proved he's a clown!

Honestly video technology is needed - So far these refs are either bribed or just utterly incompetent!

He was clearly clipped. He made the most out of it but a video ref would have given the same decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Samich wrote: »
    last week we didn't get a peno for a clear hand ball also ;)
    Ah yeah, but things always go one way or another, we get some iffy decision but we're also at the blunt end of some dodgy decisions. It happens for all clubs. But I don't know why it's being discussed for the penalty today, it's a clear penalty, anyone who denies its validity is either an idiot or being ignorant — intentionally or unintentionally.

fullstop wrote: »
    Yeah the ref has been harsh on United early on...

What a stupid comment. He's not saying they have been harsh on us but that one incident didnt merit a card which is true. It just shows the refs are incompetent

Liverpool stuff in this thread too.

ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Bad in the sense that he was never getting near the ball. Young throws the leg in but it happens all the time in the modern game unfortunately.

But there WASN'T even a challenge. Clark just stands there and dosent make a challenege at all. Young kicks Clark's foot and dives. It happens because player's do it. Still hope ye win the league but that's horrible to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

A few pages into a match thread and already the united fans feel the need to roll out liverpool player pics and gifs etc.. The obsession is actually scary at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

No. Just pointing something out.

This is a Man Utd vs Aston Villa match thread, take your obsession elsewhere mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Great having Raf in the team

Helix wrote: »
    why? most fans of bigger clubs don't seem to care when their players dive. some do, obviously, but at villa young was roundly criticised by fans for that nonsense. we hated seeing it and we let him know it. when you're at a bigger club it seems that looking for fouls where there aren't any is seen as more a part of the game to embrace

Again, bs. What are you basing this on? A handful of people on here?

Dont give me your 'small' club whinging ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

good effort by Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did well to get a shot off there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Young should receive a 3 match ban and the club should be fined for such blatant diving in the box. This should be the standard response from the FA to stamp out such blatant cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Another goal soon and it will be good night Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pity the ref couldn't please everyone by booking Young for simulation while awarding the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Positive start from united. They have looked a shadow of the team midweek. A chance to show some character and bottle. I was really worried how they would play but they look like a team on a mission.

Now they need to kick on and not slow things down like they do in many games they get an early goal.

mike65 wrote: »
    Pity the ref couldn't please everyone by booking Young for simulation while awarding the peno.

I don't see why this can't be done, one doesn't contradict the other.

• Advertisement

Anyone wrote: »
    This is a Man Utd vs Aston Villa match thread, take your obsession elsewhere mate.

There's that word again. People want to talk about the biggest cheats in the league (which is what the picture was a response to), I'm going to bring up other cheats.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

That dive is reminiscent of Carrols against Newcaste, were he through the boot onto the keeper. Also last night Barcelona got a similar dive-penalty against Levante. Arsenal on loan defender Pedro Botehlo was the unlucky lad involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Corholio wrote: »
    But there WASN'T even a challenge. Clark just stands there and dosent make a challenege at all. Young kicks Clark's foot and dives. It happens because player's do it. Still hope ye win the league but that's horrible to see.

Maybe you're right, I don't know. Either way, it's a horrible part of the game but it seems that if someone runs fast enough at a defender's leg and goes down, it counts as a foul. The ref was staring straight at it and gave it. Damien Duff has made a career of it! Until they change the interpretation, players will continue to exploit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He was clearly clipped. He made the most out of it but a video ref would have given the same decision.

he was clipped because he made himself clipped. Saw the defender's leg and went for it, then the ridiculous scissor kick dive. A true artist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Can't believe no-one jumped for Evans cross there.

We are for more fluent with Welbeck playing than Chicho

• Advertisement

Rooney looks to be up for it. I can't believe that McLeish will persist with this formation now that they're a goal down. They had very little chance of shutting United out at the beginning of the game anyway. United now have the record for scoring at least one goal in, I think, 46 consecutive home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

DB10 wrote: »
    That dive is reminiscent of Carrols against Newcaste, were he through the boot onto the keeper. Also last night Barcelona got a similar dive-penalty against Levante. Arsenal on loan defender Pedro Botehlo was the unlucky lad involved.
    Despite the fact it was a dive?

Welbeck could do with a goal for his confidence.

greendom wrote: »
    he was clipped because he made himself clipped. Saw the defender's leg and went for it, then the ridiculous scissor kick dive. A true artist.

I disagree. So where are we now, with the video ref situation? It's down to interpretation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Was there contact: Yes
    Was Young overly dramatic: Yes

That's it, no need to spend 20 pages on the matter.

• Advertisement

Could easily be 3-0 by now.

The near post corner flick on from Carrick actually nearly worked!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wouldn't if I was the video referee. Therein lies the problem of a video referee..

How many headers is Rooney's hair insured for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Stupid from Young but it was a penalty.

Great football there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Welbeck is doing well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Super block from Collins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Orgasmic football from Valencia and co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

sweet play there, if welbek could have taken it first time. . .

Nice shot by Scholes

• Advertisement
Advertisement