Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair dye problem

• 15-04-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

A few months ago I had a very bad, allegic reaction to hair dye. I put it down to over dying my hair at the time. (three dyes in 24hrs)

This time, I went to a different hairdresser and after having a proper patch test done I've had a reaction. Its not as servere as before but still!

Am I now destined to a life of dull, boring grey hair or is there something I can use that won't cause a reaction. :(

Any help / advice would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Have you tried any of the hair dyes from the health shops? supposed to be free from chemicals. I've never used them myself but it might be an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 User20

Thanks tan11ie. But I'd perfer to get it done in a Salon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

User20 wrote: »
    Hi all,

A few months ago I had a very bad, allegic reaction to hair dye. I put it down to over dying my hair at the time. (three dyes in 24hrs)

This time, I went to a different hairdresser and after having a proper patch test done I've had a reaction. Its not as servere as before but still!

Am I now destined to a life of dull, boring grey hair or is there something I can use that won't cause a reaction. :(

Any help / advice would be great

Different hairdressers just different brands e.g wella, revlon, loreal etc So I think your best bet is to get patch tests for different salons until to find one that you won't have allergy to! I am not a hairdresser but is permanent dye needed to cover grey or would a semi do it? I know Noel Higgins in Blackrock uses some organic semi permanent colour. Inoa colour I think is permanent and amonnia free so maybe get a test for that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

User20 wrote: »
    Thanks tan11ie. But I'd perfer to get it done in a Salon.

You can bring your own dye in with you and the salon will apply it etc. I have a neighbour who does this - very sensitive skin and can only tolerate one brand of dye (I haven't a clue what it is but she gets it in the health food store!) so she brings it in with her when she is getting a "cut and colour" and they use that instead of the regular dye.

Advertisement