Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent fridge from Curry's?

• 15-04-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    After getting a 250eur voucher for signing up to UPC via curry's, the oul family home is in need of a new fridge/freezer. I know absolutely nothing about fridges other than to look for an A/A+ energy efficient one. Would like the price to be as close to the €250 as possible but want to avoid any cheapo brands and would ideally like one that will last a long time (what's possible with fridges, 20 years maybe?).

Anyone else in a similar position recently and can advise on a good one to go for from their range?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

What size are you looking for, and would you be prepared to pay extra? 250 won't get you a whole lot to be honest, and none will last 20 years anymore I'm afraid, probably half that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Has quality really deteriorated so badly? I do furniture removals and see a fair few fridges that must be at least 20 years old.

Size wise I'm not sure but I think it would be wise to spend a bit extra if it meant getting a big step up quality wise. What brands would be decent? Will try find out exact requirements and post back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

They used to but not anymore to be honest. It'd depend, some brands are totally avoidable, some are good quality at good prices. More expensive brands like Siemens are excellent but you pay for it, but you'd still get something good, just depends on the measurements for the price.

Advertisement