Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Cheese Dublin

Options
  • 15-04-2012 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. :) I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get some vegan cheese in Dublin? (preferably in the city centre) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

You'll find some in Nourish. There's stores in the GPO arcade, on Liffey Street and Wicklow Street. With the latter having the best selection of products, but you can get vegan cheeses in all of them as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Down to Earth on Georges St. has a great range of vegan cheeses. All the Nourish shops about town do them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Thanks very much. :) That's very helpful, I'll probably head down some time this week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I usually hate these cheeses so much but the pepperjack one in down to earth is really nice, very hot cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I read a piece the other day that was very negetive towards "vegan cheese".
    Basically it was saying that it was no better than regular cheese in terms of animal welfare. Even though theres no animal products in the ingredient list, but due to palm oil often being a main ingredient, its just as damaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

Another place worth a look is the Dublin Food Co-op. It's a good place for vegan/vegetarian stuff. Only open all day Saturday and Thursday afternoons but if you haven't been there before, give it a go. It's in Newmarket Square not far from St. Patricks Cathedral.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 theinferior

I just made this recipe for a fake, but genuinely tasty, vegan cheese spread.

The one problem I have with the recipe is that it recommends that you use generous amounts of salt, but doesn't specify what that means. I suggest you add half a teaspoon to start with. It's very easy to put in more after a taste test. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Vegan-Food-Substitutions/dp/1592334415

I have this book and it has loads of good and easy recipes for vegan "cheese" and substitutions. Great recipe for making vegan parmesan out of nutrional yeast and sesame seeds...if you're interested in making your own...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Thanks very much for all the advice. I'm new to being a vegan so it was very helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I remember Holland and Barrett stocking a vegan friendly cheese sauce if that's any good to you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement