Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database, student assignment

Options
  • 15-04-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Been looking on the web for sample data to create a database for a assignment. I would rather not spend time creating my own valuable time, timing typing into a excel worksheet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A simple Google for something like: 'data for sample database' gives lots of various options. Have a look around for the one which suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Could you use the Northwind sample database from Microsoft? It's available for Access 2007 here and SQL Server 2000 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Darith wrote: »
    Been looking on the web for sample data to create a database for a assignment. I would rather not spend time creating my own valuable time, timing typing into a excel worksheet?

I did one recently, I was a survey company and a local DVD rental company wanted to know viewer habits.

It contains 80records and various query's, your welcome to it, to amend to your liking etc... send me a PM and I'll arrange a download link.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Darith wrote: »

You could download the trial of this:

http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-data-generator/

Advertisement