Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken lidl coffee machine - No receipt or box

Options
  • 15-04-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As the title suggests, I purchased a Silvercrest coffee machine in November. I had been using it about once every two weeks, until it pretty much exploded last week. In total it's been used 10 - 15 times. I no longer have the receipt or the box anymore, but i do know the day snd time i bought it. I contacted lidl two weeks ago via email but heard anything.

Does anyone know where I stand or what the process is?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lidl are generally well regarded in terms of customer service. Your best bet would probably be to call into the store and speak to the manager.

Did you purchase with debit card? If so, your bank statement showing the transaction can act as proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

SilverCrest is Lidl's own brand, so they are unlikely to suspect that you bought it somewhere else. I'd simply bring it back.

[I use of of those coffeemakers. In what circumstances did it pretty much explode?]

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fme

Hi
    I bought one of these coffee makers at christmas and its only been used maybe 12-15 times. In my case the steamer has stopped working and instead steam starts to come out through the joints and other places rather than where its supposed to. The steamer knob also doesnt turn as it did.
    Like you, I dont have the receipt.
    I'll try bringing direct back to the store and see what happens.
    Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

SilverCrest is Lidl's own brand, so they are unlikely to suspect that you bought it somewhere else. I'd simply bring it back.

[I use of of those coffeemakers. In what circumstances did it pretty much explode?]

from my on going experience at the moment with a faulty saw i bought with cash lost the receipt,even though it their own brand Parkside they will not entertain me,

i asked what if i brought back to the store i was told they would dump it out in the skip.

Advertisement