Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Persil is proud keeper of the Irish tri-colour! really?

• 15-04-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

So they say in their new Olympic ad.

Persil is owned by Unilever, the British–Dutch multinational consumer goods company.

Is it right they can claim this in an ad?

Does it not disrespect those that died for Ireland's freedom?

Or have the government sold the rights of the flag as part of austerity?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I saw this recently and wondered why Daz hadn't bid. Then I realised they just do whites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I think they mean they keep it clean without running the colours... You may be reading too much into this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Will ya come round to yourself :rolleyes:
    It's only an ad ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Also removes blood-stains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Persil is owned by Unilever, the British–Dutch multinational consumer goods company.

We are drinking mochachoccafrappa latte with fat free milk and extra no calorie sugar. We eat McDonalds for breakfast... and drink Redbull and Vodka..

I dont think our ancestors would give a fúck about the place tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Its only an advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

they probably have the exact same ad for the British flag on the UK stations, its just an ad

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure if serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Thank you OP, we should be outraged, silly me worrying about taxes/ cutacks / too many more such trivial things. Persil's add is the real enemy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

get the rifles lads, we're off to england.

It's the price we have had to pay for the money off coupons your Mum has collected over the years but never used. They were always there at the top of the box telling you that savings were at hand but no we were just too rich to bother with any coupons, Celtic Tiger attitude coming back to haunt us now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

OP has a point.

We should be using the locally produced green detergent manufactured from pig-fat, cows' wee-wee and ashes from the grate.

To lessen the carbon impact of the detergent, the manufacturer hand-carries two packets each week from his plant n Bally-go-backwards, Co. Gobshyte to Dunnes Stores in Cornelscourt, which explains why it costs €175.99 per packet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Yes. I vote we collectively aim our potato cannons at the Dutch and shell them until Persil stops disrespecting our patriots by associating themselves with the flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Repeated washing with Persil causes the orange colour to fade to a more golden hue ...

baalthor wrote: »
    Repeated washing with Persil causes the orange colour to fade to a more golden hue ...

Unilever's Dutch scientists have cured this problem by giving it added orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Unilever's Dutch scientists have cured this problem by giving it added orange.
    I like my tricolour green white and gold tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

If the colours run in the wash the flag will come out blue, possible future flag of a united ireland?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Hope they got a couple of quid for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The way the Tri-colour is treated at events like Pat's day and others like scattering it around the streets as litter and the like ...i believe Unilever/ Persil will treat it much better than we do .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

paddyandy wrote: »
    The way the Tri-colour is treated at events like Pat's day and others like scattering it around the streets as litter and the like ...i believe Unilever/ Persil will treat it much better than we do .

What the ****s is Pat's Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Shorthand for Saint Patrick's Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

paddyandy wrote: »

Pretty sure it was an episode of Eastenders

Nope. It isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nope. It isn't.
    Yeah that's St Patty's day.

/runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Show Time wrote: »
    I like my tricolour green white and gold tbh.

You realize what this flag represents and what those who fly it believe in, don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

bwatson wrote: »
    You realize what this flag represents and what those who fly it believe in, don't you?
    Green for the land of Ireland
    White for a land of peace
    Gold for the high kings of Tara who once ruled the land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Sauve wrote: »
    Will ya come round to yourself

Have to say the combo of username and type of accent that I would imagine saying something like this are so at odds with each other I find it hilarious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It was never gold. Gold thread is too expensive. We had to make do with orange. I wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

The vast majority of those who fly the flag with gold instead of orange intend to show their complete intolerance of protestant people. They believe that they deserve no recognition on the flag.

It doesn't particularly bother me - I don't care too much to be represented on a flag, especially the tricolour (which in my eyes is particularly ugly either way)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not sure if serious.

I hope he's trolling. I really really do. Otherwise :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

bwatson wrote: »
    The vast majority of those who fly the flag with gold instead of orange intend to show their complete intolerance of protestant people. They believe that they deserve no recognition on the flag.

I don't think too many people are enamoured with the idea of the Orange part of N/Irish Protestantism anyway.

I don't especially care for the tricolour either; I kinda like the gold harp on a green background myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

phill106 wrote: »
    I think they mean they keep it clean without running the colours... You may be reading too much into this!
    No colours run for Ireland? Jaysus, we're f**ked! Sure aren't all the colours winning the races these days?

The Irish Constitution says orange.:P

• Advertisement

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

People these days are all little bitches that get upset over anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

People these days are all little bitches that get upset over anything

Yeah I remember when you could just punch a random stranger in the face and it was only a bit of fun.

Happy days them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

should have been sponsored by radion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I don't think too many people are enamoured with the idea of the Orange part of N/Irish Protestantism anyway.

I don't especially care for the tricolour either; I kinda like the gold harp on a green background myself.

I was baptised protestant and the only nickname I was ever given that pissed me off was Jaffa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

mackg wrote: »
    I was baptised protestant and the only nickname I was ever given that pissed me off was Jaffa

I was at my nephews protestant baptism, I was massively disappointed that no goat was sacrificed to Baal and not a naked virgin in sight. It was as boring and the same as mass, except I had a pocket full of condoms for the orgy afterwards that didn't happen.

44leto wrote: »
    I was at my nephews protestant baptism, I was massively disappointed that no goat was sacrificed to Baal and not a naked virgin in sight. It was as boring and the same as mass, except I had a pocket full of condoms for the orgy afterwards that didn't happen.

That doesn't sound right :confused::confused: You sure they were Protestants?

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That doesn't sound right :confused::confused: You sure they were Protestants?
    He obviously wasn't invited to the post-ceremony orgy. Not everyone gets to attend obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I presume we can alter our national anthem to include lots of references to Persil? Nothing wrong with a bit of product placement when the country is broke.

It is a mistake, they meant to buy the flag of the Ivory Coast but someone was looking at the box upside down. They prefer their products to be associated with decent equitable countries.

Panic over.

Wattle wrote: »
    I presume we can alter our national anthem to include lots of references to Persil? Nothing wrong with a bit of product placement when the country is broke.

Or sell them the naming rights to Leinster house?

awec wrote: »
    He obviously wasn't invited to the post-ceremony orgy. Not everyone gets to attend obviously.

baptised Catholic you get into heaven, baptised Protestant you get into the orgy. Which would you choose?

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

baptised Catholic you get into heaven, baptised Protestant you get into the orgy. Which would you choose?
    The orgy was fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

awec wrote: »

I am going to regret asking, but is the code word for the "real" heathen, pagan ceremony "would you like to come for tea and cucumber sandwiches"?

• Advertisement
Advertisement