Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Persil is proud keeper of the Irish tri-colour! really?

2»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

44leto wrote: »
    I am going to regret asking, but is the code word for the "real" heathen, pagan ceremony "would you like to come for tea and cucumber sandwiches"?
    Some lady threw me a box of rubbers and told me to follow her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I was grabbed by the hair and dragged off...still alls well that ends well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I don't think too many people are enamoured with the idea of the Orange part of N/Irish Protestantism anyway.

I don't especially care for the tricolour either; I kinda like the gold harp on a green background myself.
    I've always had a notion that the original flag was royal blue(not green) with a harp. Not sure when green became the default 'Irish' colour.
    mackg wrote: »
    I was baptised protestant and the only nickname I was ever given that pissed me off was Jaffa
    Don't find yourself in Auckland, NZ then:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just once they don't do what Curry's did with their "Paddy Jack"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

So they say in their new Olympic ad.

Persil is owned by Unilever, the British–Dutch multinational consumer goods company.

Is it right they can claim this in an ad?

Does it not disrespect those that died for Ireland's freedom?

Or have the government sold the rights of the flag as part of austerity?
    Ironic or what. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

mackg wrote: »
    baptised Catholic you get into heaven, baptised Protestant you get into the orgy. Which would you choose?
    Get me some orange for my flag pronto.

Bye bye gold.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

I don't think too many people are enamoured with the idea of the Orange part of N/Irish Protestantism anyway.

I don't especially care for the tricolour either; I kinda like the gold harp on a green background myself.

I actually agree with you, the flag with the harp on the plain background is very elegant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The tri colour is a spent force anyway. This country is full of morons and flammers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The tri colour is a spent force anyway. This country is full of morons and flammers.

When was it any different.:confused:

• Advertisement

When was it any different.:confused:

The flamers are backed by the the P.C brigade these days. Catholic Church my arse its a fcuking Irish problem..

The flamers are backed by the the P.C brigade these days. Catholic Church my arse its a fcuking Irish problem..

Nah more an individual problem, you really don't have to participate if you don't approve.

Nah more an individual problem, you really don't have to participate if you don't approve.

No the more I read into the scandals I learn there is an Irish influence present. For instance the Australian scandals all involved micks as well as those on the eastern coast of the states.

No the more I read into the scandals I learn there is an Irish influence present. For instance the Australian scandals all involved micks as well as those on the eastern coast of the states.

I didn't know that, but something tells me it is probably true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Can we return to the subject of the original post please?

This thread has gone way off topic and I'd like my point to be addressed.

Can we return to the subject of the original post please?

This thread has gone way off topic and I'd like my point to be addressed.

Apologies my dear chap I didn't mean to derail your thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I was at my nephews protestant baptism, I was massively disappointed that no goat was sacrificed to Baal and not a naked virgin in sight. It was as boring and the same as mass, except I had a pocket full of condoms for the orgy afterwards that didn't happen.
    Bit presumptious for a family get together :)
    Dam sexy cousins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Not sure when green became the default 'Irish' colour.

When Coca Cola bought Santa Claus.

Advertisement