Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pk Motors Blackrock Dublin

Options
  • 15-04-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has use this garage
    Looking to get an xjs 1996 serviced etc

Thanks
    Barry:)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

PK has done bits of work on any classic I've had for 7 years or so. Never had any complaints. I've often sourced parts for him to fit for me and he's fine with that. (He's also worked on my 2006 Passat Familywagon...)

That said, I've only had him do the odd mechanical thing, brakes, alternator, plugs and leads are some stuff he's done. Electricals are not his thing, he'll be the first to admit, and would probably suggest you take electrical issues elsewhere.

He actually did some work on a mate of mine's XJS, though it turned out the problem was electical so I don't know how it worked out.

Do you know what, if anything needs to be done? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 xjsbarry

Dades wrote: »
    PK has done bits of work on any classic I've had for 7 years or so. Never had any complaints. I've often sourced parts for him to fit for me and he's fine with that. (He's also worked on my 2006 Passat Familywagon...)

That said, I've only had him do the odd mechanical thing, brakes, alternator, plugs and leads are some stuff he's done. Electricals are not his thing, he'll be the first to admit, and would probably suggest you take electrical issues elsewhere.

He actually did some work on a mate of mine's XJS, though it turned out the problem was electical so I don't know how it worked out.

Do you know what, if anything needs to be done? :)

Thanks for the feedback
    Springs I think need to be replaced
    I am actually dropping it to him thursday as its very convenient to where I live
    Thanks again
    Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Xlaxeo

xjsbarry wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback
    I am actually dropping it to him thursday as its very convenient to where I live
    Thanks again
    Barry

There is an excellent garage very nearby called ISA Autos. They are very good and very reasonable in price.

PK Motors - the man had a look at my car an declined to work on it.
    The floor was filling with water, PK said it was probably a rust hole somewhere on the body despite no rust visible.
    I brought it to a different garage; it turned out to be the heater leaking. That was in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 xjsbarry

Xlaxeo wrote: »
    xjsbarry wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback
    Thanks again
    Barry

There is an excellent garage very nearby called ISA Autos. They are very good and very reasonable in price.

PK Motors - the man had a look at my car an declined to work on it.
    The floor was filling with water, PK said it was probably a rust hole somewhere on the body despite no rust visible.
    I brought it to a different garage; it turned out to be the heater leaking. That was in 2001.

Thanks exaleo

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

For the record,

I had work done in PK several times.

Honest and reliable - probably not the cheapest but good for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement