Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you Check my build Please

Options
  • 15-04-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Just want some opinions before i waste my money.:

Fractal Design Core 1000 Mid-Tower Case
    €36.01

Gigabyte H61M-S2PV S1155 Intel H61 DDR3 ATX ----€49.16

Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz LGA1155 3MB
    €107.19

Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ Memory Module
    €40.43

Seagate 500GB Barracuda SATA-600 7200RPM 16MB 3.5" Hard Drive
    €70.66

BenQ G2222HDL 21.5" 1920 x 1080
    €136.28

Sapphire Technology ATI Radeon HD 6870 900MHz 1GB
    €168.10

Corsair 500 Watt CX500 V2 Builder Series 80 Plus Power Supply
    €52.07

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

get super flower amazon 450w psu, its a bit better and should be cheaper.

try to get i3 2120 cpu, it will be a few quid more expensive, but 100mhz more, well worth it for low budget system.

6870 is a bit expensive too. you can get it for 150 pretty much anywhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

try to get i3 2120 cpu, it will be a few quid more expensive, but 100mhz more, well worth it for low budget system.

+1 on that, you can pick up the 6870 for €143 on the site, it's basically the same as the one you have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SpankThru

Thanks , where would you suggest I buy from?

Where did you got all this priced in the first place?

You can use our hardwareversand if you can use bank transfer or you can go dabs.ie. they have that good deal where of you got over 399eu you get 25 back. If over 599eu, then you get 40eu back. Free delivery too.

It's mixed opinions about dabs.ie here. I personally wount use them as their lack of communications is putting me off. I personnally use scan.co.uk, but those might be a bit expensive, but amazing delivery service. Then komplett is good too, though Dunn. If you get all parts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

If your getting the build all in one go, I'd use hardwareversand.

• Advertisement

Where did you got all this priced in the first place?

You can use our hardwareversand if you can use bank transfer or you can go dabs.ie. they have that good deal where of you got over 399eu you get 25 back. If over 599eu, then you get 40eu back. Free delivery too.

It's mixed opinions about dabs.ie here. I personally wount use them as their lack of communications is putting me off. I personnally use scan.co.uk, but those might be a bit expensive, but amazing delivery service. Then komplett is good too, though Dunn. If you get all parts there.

Those prices are dabs.ie :s

I can only pay with paypal is that a problem?

EDIT: Hardwareversand Option:

Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155
    106,02 €

ASRock H61M-S (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX
    41,14 €

Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450w
    44,13 €

Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    70,34 €

8GB-Kit A-Data Value PC3-1333 CL9
    38,75 €

BenQ GL2250
    113,22 €

BitFenix Merc Beta
    31,61 €

Sapphire HD6870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / D
    145,94 €

Logitech Wired Desktop MK120
    14,29 €

Total €605.44

Well you need to do a bank transfer with those people. They don't believe in PayPal or CC. It's devils tools!!!
    600 looks well and tidy.

Interesting how much would be same spec in dabs.ie with their offer?

Well you need to do a bank transfer with those people. They don't believe in PayPal or CC. It's devils tools!!!
    600 looks well and tidy.

I thought you could use PayPal at Hardwareversand.

600 looks well and tidy.

I checked , its more expensive in the long run.
    although i wasn't aware of their cash back deals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

I thought you could use PayPal at Hardwareversand.

they charge extra for it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

daz801 wrote: »
    they charge extra for it:rolleyes:

How much extra?
    Maybe dabs.ie will turn out cheaper then?

Hardwareversand : 635ish+ paypal charge

Dabs.ie : €687.44 + 7c ( theres no cash back deals i can see)

SpankThru wrote: »
    How much extra?
    Maybe dabs.ie will turn out cheaper then?

Hardwareversand : 635ish+ paypal charge

Dabs.ie : €687.44 + 7c ( theres no cash back deals i can see)

You should also consider which place has a good return policy too. That's why I went with Komplett. Two years if anything goes wrong they'll take it back plus there in Dublin. Hardwareversand are suppose to be good too, but I've heard it's not so good with Dabs.ie

not sure how much but i think 3%.
    I would never order from komplett again. ordered 2500k, ram and my mobo of them. When i ordered it said the cpu would be back in stock in 5 days. So 5 days come and go so i head back to komplett and see that it's now out of stock for the next month:eek: I email them and get nothing back for 2 days. I try contacting their customer support on boards and got a reply saying that the website was a mistake and they'd be getting some instock the next week. The next day i finally get an email back and am told that yes it would be a month. So over the next few days i am in contact with both their email and boards.ie customer support, one telling me a week until stock came in, the other saying a month. Until 3 days later when they finally both confirm it will be a month. So ended up canceling the cpu from my order. On the bright side i did then receive my ram and mobo 2 days later. But still it took about 2 weeks from when i ordered to sort out.

tldr: terrible customer support, don't use them unless the parts you want are certain to be in stock.

Rant over

daz801 wrote: »
    not sure how much but i think 3%.
    I would never order from komplett again. ordered 2500k, ram and my mobo of them. When i ordered it said the cpu would be back in stock in 5 days. So 5 days come and go so i head back to komplett and see that it's now out of stock for the next month:eek: I email them and get nothing back for 2 days. I try contacting their customer support on boards and got a reply saying that the website was a mistake and they'd be getting some instock the next week. The next day i finally get an email back and am told that yes it would be a month. So over the next few days i am in contact with both their email and boards.ie customer support, one telling me a week until stock came in, the other saying a month. Until 3 days later when they finally both confirm it will be a month. So ended up canceling the cpu from my order. On the bright side i did then receive my ram and mobo 2 days later. But still it took about 2 weeks from when i ordered to sort out.

tldr: terrible customer support, don't use them unless the parts you want are certain to be in stock.

Rant over

Well, I'v found them it to be very good.

I ordered the wrong item from them last year and got on to there customer support here on the boards and they had it sorted right away. You can be waiting weeks too if items are out of stock from the other places as well. They don't control their suppliers.

Well, I'v found them it to be very good.

I ordered the wrong item from them last year and got on to there customer support here on the boards and they had it sorted right away. You can be waiting weeks too if items are out of stock from the other places as well. They don't control their suppliers.

yeah i don't mind waiting it was more about their customer support, one source saying a week and the other a month and then stringing me along with that for a few days

So one last check , is this build compatible with itself?

Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155
    106,02 €

ASRock H61M-S (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX
    41,14 €

Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450w
    44,13 €

Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    70,34 €

8GB-Kit A-Data Value PC3-1333 CL9
    38,75 €

BenQ GL2250
    113,22 €

BitFenix Merc Beta
    31,61 €

Sapphire HD6870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / D
    145,94 €

Logitech Wired Desktop MK120
    14,29 €

Total €605.44

THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Dunno what's been mentioned here so far, so apologies if I'm repeating stuff, but:

Do you need the 500GB of space? You could look at a 64GB SSD as a boot drive and expand later.
    I wouldn't get that keyboard/mouse combo. It'll be German layout. Better off grabbing something of Amazon or some-such instead.
    (And this is more for the rest of the lads) is the 6870 still a good card to go for? 7850 instead or something? Looks good.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Dunno what's been mentioned here so far, so apologies if I'm repeating stuff, but:

Do you need the 500GB of space? You could look at a 64GB SSD as a boot drive and expand later.
    I wouldn't get that keyboard/mouse combo. It'll be German layout. Better off grabbing something of Amazon or some-such instead.
    (And this is more for the rest of the lads) is the 6870 still a good card to go for? 7850 instead or something? Looks good.

I would need 500GB of space for gaming right? i intend on using steam and mainly downloads as opposed to discs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

www.scan.co.uk

Can be good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yeah, you'd need the 500GB so.

• Advertisement

Should i buy homeplugs off hardwareversand aswell?

EDIT:
    Im trying to shave off the price a bit,
    Is there any difference between these Hard drives?

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=28151&agid=689
    €70.34

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=49615&agid=1342
    €66.65

Im having a hard time finding a good/cheap keyboard and mouse set, can anyone help?
    Thanks

Advertisement