Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing/moving oral times?

Options
  • 15-04-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My Irish oral is tomorrow but I've had a really bad flu for the entire Easter break and have lost my voice. My school is closed so I can't call up and ask so I was wondering if anyone has heard of people changing their oral time at this stage? Or will I just have to hope that my ability to speak somehow returns by tomorrow?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poisonoak

pathway33 wrote: »

Thanks, I'm just worried that I won't have "medical evidence" because I don't know if I'll be able to see a doctor soon. I'll talk to my parents about seeing if I can get an appointment tomorrow or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your school's Examinations Secretary needs to get on the Reasonable Accommodations in Athlone first thing tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

As an aside to procedural questions, does the examiner know what level you are sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Nope, but they'll probably be able to tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Can you not just go to the person in charge and ask them
    To switch to a latter day? I asked last year and
    There wasn't a problem but it was only
    2 days for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poisonoak

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Can you not just go to the person in charge and ask them
    To switch to a latter day? I asked last year and
    There wasn't a problem but it was only
    2 days for me.

I was hoping something like this would be possible I just wasn't sure if they would let me because it means other students might have to go earlier than they thought. I'll get my mam to ring up the school tomorrow morning and see what they can do, thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It will depend how long your voice is gone for and how long the person is in your school.
    Good luck - I'm sure you will be fine.

Advertisement