Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet365 odds

Options
  • 15-04-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I was looking at the odds for the man utd v aston villa game on bet365 and seen antonio valencia is 13/2 to be first goal scorer.I then seen the wincast and the odds for valencia to score first and man utd to win is also 13/2 how does that make sense :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Its not like Valencia is our top goalscorer. Odds are pretty right tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Win cast prices are always a bit strange on 365. I was lloking at a UTD match, cant remember which one now but the UTD win was say 4/5 and wincast with rooney was 4/7. Must have been a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Its not like Valencia is our top goalscorer. Odds are pretty right tbh

I think you're missing the point, i'm not complaining about the odds for valencia to score first.The point i was making is if you done the valencia wincast and he scored first but man utd didn't win you would win nothing so how can the odds of the wincast only be the same as valencia to score first in which case if valencia scored first and utd didn't win you would still win your bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That bet doesn't make any sense.
    The score 1st and score 1st & win double must be different prices otherwise you would just do the straight single score 1st.
    A score 1st and team win is a double.
    The odds may be only slightly different but they have to be different.
    An example is Barcelona playing a small team in La Liga.
    Messi as always is a short price to score 1st & if he scores 1st, you are then in effect backing Barcelona +1 goal which would be at fairly prohibitive odds for the wincast.
    So if Barca are 1/5 to win the match and Messi is 2/1 1st goal, then the double is probably around 21/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That bet doesn't make any sense.
    The score 1st and score 1st & win double must be different prices otherwise you would just do the straight single score 1st.
    A score 1st and team win is a double.
    The odds may be only slightly different but they have to be different.
    An example is Barcelona playing a small team in La Liga.
    Messi as always is a short price to score 1st & if he scores 1st, you are then in effect backing Barcelona +1 goal which would be at fairly prohibitive odds for the wincast.
    So if Barca are 1/5 to win the match and Messi is 2/1 1st goal, then the double is probably around 21/10.

That's the point i was making i understand man utd were 1/5 to win and they would of been shorter after scoring the goal but the odds can't be the same for first goalscorer and wincast.I just hope people realise this and go with first goalscorer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement