Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change from BOL to 365?

Options
  • 15-04-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there - I've a sole trader account (my name t/a my registered business name) and it's set up with BOI BOL.

Someone said that as I'm not a company, I can actually use 365 Online instead.

I would really like to do this, as the BOL system is appalling to use for a variety of reasons. Online banking is by a long shot the most important aspect for me, and I've found BOL so bad that I'm considering switching to a different bank.

Can you please confirm if this can be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Eoin,

It may be possible to set up a 'trading as' account on banking365. It is normally only personal accounts that can be set up, but it depends on the kind of account you have in particular. We would need to check the account before we could advise correctly of whether you can set it up online or not.

Please be aware that banking365 is designed for personal customers. You will need to make sure it does suit your needs, here are the terms and conditions as there are some limitations that apply to banking365.

If you would like to call banking365 on 0818 365 365 from 8am - midnight Monday to Friday or Saturdays 10am - 2pm to see if your account is eligible.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Eoin,

Just wondering how you got on, did you manage to get registered. If not here is a link for the BOI registration page with trading as up there as an option on the dropdown would be interested to know how you get on and just how long it takes for you to get your pin from time of registration. Thanks

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/online-banking/banking-365-info/phone-and-online-registration-form

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only got around to this today. They said it's not a problem at all, so I'm being set up right now, so can thankfully get rid of BOI BOL.
    You will need to make sure it does suit your needs

Thanks - I use it for personal banking, and it does everything I need it to.

I think maybe BOI don't realise that a lot of sole traders don't need the labyrinthine options that BOL provides. They just need to be able to pay a credit card and do account transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Eoin wrote: »
    I think maybe BOI don't realise that a lot of sole traders don't need the labyrinthine options that BOL provides. They just need to be able to pay a credit card and do account transfers.

That's good to hear, I am involved with a charity who have 3 BOI accounts and all they want to do is move money around the accounts, pay small expenses and the odd supplier a few hundred. BOI is looking for €15+ a month and AIB is offering them free banking/internet for two years. It is only the volume of paper work required to open/move a charities account which has stopped them moving to AIB so far. The only feature I see 365 lacking is a double authorization system to transfer money, but I don't think that is too important to them.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Eoin,

Thanks for letting us know how you got on, I am glad it is working out for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement