Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Apartment: Cardboard boxes ?

Options
  • 15-04-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering what supermarket or other source might be the best for a bunch of free used cardboard boxes ? I have heard that some don't give them out when asked anymore but don't know for sure.
    For specifics .. I am in broadly in the Dunleary area moving to Ranelagh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would try hospitals and nursing homes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Not much use to you as it's a bit away but Fresh in Smithfield have a sign up saying that they have boxes that customers can take away for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

wholesalers ? bwg in walkinstown used to let people have them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

A lot of boxes for grocery products are crap, they are open ended shallow trays more often than not. You would have a lot more success going to your local Dunnes/Penneys drapery. All boxes are crushed a few hours after the deliveries come in, so going at night is no use whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

The fruit and vegetable boxes from Aldi and Lidl are always good for moving. Ask in a shop and they are normally happy, to give them away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

You'll always find a load of flattened boxes tied-up and left for recycling outside most shops on whatever their recycling days are - can be easily reasembled with a good quality masking tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Wholesalers look good. Lidl and Aldi too. I will also keep an eye on Dunleary for those left for collection. Good ideas.

I was in Wexford a year ago helping someone move and went into a supermarket and got the best large unfolded boxes I've ever seen but cannot recall the name of the supermarket. Anyway ... onward ... and thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Any good cornershop will have a few out the back.

Advertisement