Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is my new Taito F3 system knackered??

• 15-04-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭

Just got around to testing this today.
    So far I'm getting nothing on screen and no sounds playing.
    Now the seller never said on the auction but it has been modded to play games from all regions(if that matters).

When I connect up the JAMMA connection to the board and power up nothing happens as I said but I've noticed that one of the red LEDs on my Egret 3 power supply is blinking quite fast when this board is attached and powered up.
    All my other PCB's work fine by the way.

Any ideas???

I've posted on AO as well to see if anyone over there has any ideas.

dsc1036ap.jpg
    dsc1048x.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Did you test the voltages on the board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Did you test the voltages on the board?

Not had a chance to yet, nor am I an expert with a multimeter(although I have a decent one I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

My F3 board is modified to multi region too. Is the mod on the pin block clean? If it's not done properly you'll have a knackered board.

I don't think F3 boards need a lot of juice. G-Net does, but it's a microscopic amount as opposed to a standard JAMMA board.

One other thing I can think of you should check, is the game a bootleg? Open the cart and check on the underside of the red casing. Then look at this and compare:

http://hardmvs.com/F3/F3modify.htm

If you have no silver tag, it's a bootleg. I think. There's a bootleg guide somewhere, I can't find the link though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    My F3 board is modified to multi region too. Is the mod on the pin block clean? If it's not done properly you'll have a knackered board.

I don't think F3 boards need a lot of juice. G-Net does, but it's a microscopic amount as opposed to a standard JAMMA board.

One other thing I can think of you should check, is the game a bootleg? Open the cart and check on the underside of the red casing. Then look at this and compare:

http://hardmvs.com/F3/F3modify.htm

If you have no silver tag, it's a bootleg. I think. There's a bootleg guide somewhere, I can't find the link though.

The mod seems clean. I've not checked the game yet but I get the same red led flickering on my psu when powering up the board without a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Could be a voltage thing I think. Or possibly a broken trace? How clean is the board itself?

Shame I'm dying after a night out with Barry McGuigan last night (true story!) in Monaghan else I'd come to your gaf with my Gekirindan cart and we could test it out.

I suppose I could be persuaded to help... if ye let me have a go on Darius Alpha. :D

Here's more useful reading:

http://therealundamned.blogspot.com/2009/08/taito-f3-pcb-101.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I'm not familiar with arcade circuitry but by the looks of it set your multimeter to Volts DC; (this is a guess but a educated one :P)
    board.png
    Place your black pointer on the little metal circle on the board "1"
    Then record the voltages received when you place the red pin on points 2, 3 and 4
    Post results here

Edit: Power machine while testing of course

Advertisement