Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are my rights with a faulty product

Options
  • 15-04-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I would be greatful if some one could help me. I have a computer component that i bought 4 months ago and it has stop working.I was wondering what my rights are? Do I have to except a repair, or can i ask for the same part from a different manufacturer (as I am unhappy with the part and the manufacturer) or can I get my money back?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Bring it back to where you bought it. If it's a fault you're entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. If they offer you a repair the repair should be permanent. They can offer any of the above but they usually go with a repair first off.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

I think that if the product is in breach of sale of goods and supply of services act you are entitled to your money back. You can say no thanks to a repair.

examples include
    not of merchantable quality
    not being fit for purpose/normal use
    not being as described
    not correspond with sample

bring a copy of the legislation into the shop with you in case of any trouble from them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The above is incorrect - if the product does not meet the definition above, then you are entitled to a replacement OR a refund OR a repair. It's all about reaching a reasonable solution between the consumer and the retailer.

Go to the retailer, describe the issue, and let them respond. Take it from there, but don't go in with false expectations of your entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gazgar

Thanks every one for all the advice and getting back so quickly.I will deal with the retailer tomorrow.

Advertisement