Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

97 Citroen sell for parts or scrap??

• 15-04-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi All,

My 'pride and joy' has decided to give up the ghost recently. Gearbox bearing was grinding and brake pads have been worn but is still driving. It has NCT till end of this month so I was wondering whether to scrap it or put it up for parts. If up for parts what price do you think would be suitable, I was thinking €200 if someone could just pick it up and drive it away.

It has 107,000 miles on it and the interior is fine, would suit someone it they had an old saxo or 106 so I'd prefer to sell it to so someone or someplace for the parts so it can live on forever!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You might find someone to give you 200 but more likely you'll have to put up with 10s of calls offering you €50-€80. Handiest thing may be to scrap it. You can prob have it collected and all and all and you'll get a ton for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

If you have the space, the time and inclination, take it to bits and sell the parts individually and then sell what you've left over to the scrap man. You will make more out of it that way. Small bits and pieces seem to go for a lot of money on ebay these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SeanW89

Thanks for the replies,
    Would not have the skills to take apart the car properly, without damaging anything and everything I touch probably. I was thinking of just putting it up for €150 and see if anyone wants to drive it away but as you said jar_of_coins scrapping would probably be the handiest way. Anyone know what the price of scrappage is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

€100 in louth/meath for starters

Advertisement