Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It would be great if...

• 15-04-2012 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

my threads stopped getting deleted for no reason :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Some people never learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

irish-stew wrote: »
    Some people never learn.

Me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'm a young, impressionable AH contributor, and I almost died just there because of the drugs I took after reading your Ecstasy thread.

There's your reason.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

flipper87 wrote: »

I rather politely explained the reason to you in the thread I locked.
    Not deleted. Locked.
    Now calm the hell down. You don't own the internet son.
    Get some OJ, put on a dvd and get some rest.

I rather politely explained the reason to you in the thread I locked.
    Not deleted. Locked.
    Now calm the hell down. You don't own the internet son.
    Get some OJ, put on a dvd and get some rest.

I thought I was the internet last night :D

• Advertisement

Superbus wrote: »
    I'm a young, impressionable AH contributor, and I almost died just there because of the drugs I took after reading your Ecstasy thread.

There's your reason.

Oh shut up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Fcukin junkies :mad:

MungBean wrote: »
    Fcukin junkies :mad:

Now thats not nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Listen, this forum is full of prissy dickheads who think that illegal = immoral. Because this is a privately-owned website, they have to try to keep business going by not upsetting the status quo.

Superbus was on your side there, so don't tell him to shut up.

Although his reluctance to piss is closely related to your endeavours...

Are you Superbus?!? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

1 xtc tab and he is a junkie ,,hardly :eek:

Drugs are a way of life,coffee and cigs are drugs so are the pescription pills most people are on.And they are coz the doctors are giving out thousands of them in this country to house wifes and men all around this country.
    People get pissed and get into fights coz they have had too much to drink in every town in this country.
    Xtc is better.You dont beat people up on xtc and you dont become a alco.
    :D:):D:):pac:

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    Listen, this forum is full of prissy dickheads who think that illegal = immoral. Because this is a privately-owned website, they have to try to keep business going by not upsetting the status quo.

I know, I was just messing :D Some amount of muppets on this...

Me?

It was as joke, as you seemed to understand why your first thread was deleated/locked re your comment to drug promotion in the second one.

Similar 'never learn' comments were made in that one as well by other posters.

;)

It was as joke, as you seemed to understand why your first thread was deleated/locked re your comment to drug promotion in the second one.

Similar 'never learn' comments were made in that one as well by other posters.

;)

I'm not with it at all today ha

That might be down to the E you took.

;)

That might be down to the E you took.

;)

I gathered that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'm Spartacus Superbus.

Your thread's been transformed into 'Alcohol', so just go there and tell us how amazing the alcohol was if you want a chat about it.

Alcohol is a legal and therefore moral drug.

Your thread's been transformed into 'Alcohol', so just go there and tell us how amazing the alcohol was if you want a chat about it.

Alcohol is a legal and therefore moral drug.

I drank so much alcohol that I could sleep...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Not one to second guess the mods, but maybe Boards protecting themselves from legal issues - you don't like it start your own website. Boards isn't a public service provider.

or more likely,
    1) You didn't take anything (legal or otherwise) last night.
    2) You once exceeded the recommended limit of 6 Nurofen in 24 hours.
    3) You weren't out last night
    4) The missus has no problem walking - you didn't have the sex.
    5) You don't even have a 'missus'
    6) School's back tomorrow - enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Congrats on your incredibly quick return to "normality", OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

As the mods would say, if they were locked while on AH they were most likely crap threads to begin with and deserved their fate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

marty1985 wrote: »
    As the mods would say, if they were locked while on AH they were most likely crap threads to begin with and deserved their fate.

Ah I dunno tbh.

The framework for discussing drugs etc. isn't really there at the moment...
    All threads get closely monitored and eventually turn to crap and are locked.

It sucks. We're kicking around alternatives.

legal alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sounds to me like you are angry and agitated. Maybe the drugs don't suit you :p

Ficheall: I've never had any bother internetting the day after getting pepped up, so I'm not sure about that line of thinking. Hangovers are worse, and I'm managing to keep it together right now.

marty1985: Nope - great, life-affirming nostalgia thread, ruined by narrow-minded, busybody twerps who think irony is how you describe possibly metal objects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

OP could you think of a reason why this keeps happening to you???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ficheall: I've never had any bother internetting the day after getting pepped up, so I'm not sure about that line of thinking. Hangovers are worse, and I'm managing to keep it together right now.
    OP was still online until at least 1 last night, then instead of going to that party that's on tonight he evidently decided to go to his mates' to take the E last night, then had a great night and rode his missus raw, then slept, and is up now posting this afternoon...
    I'm just a bit skeptical is all. Though I've never taken E, so I could be completely mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I took heroin last night at 2am and had a 6 hour threesome with five hot models and I was still up at 6am to build an orphanage for the homeless Ethiopians.

Then again I am a 7ft tall bodybuiler/astronaut/experimental superhero so I guess I can take a bit more than most.

Ficheall wrote: »
    OP was still online until at least 1 last night, then instead of going to that party that's on tonight he evidently decided to go to his mates' to take the E last night, then had a great night and rode his missus raw, then slept, and is up now posting this afternoon...
    I'm just a bit skeptical is all. Though I've never taken E, so I could be completely mistaken.

I'd say himself and the missus took a half in their own place last night because he was excited to try it from all the positivity in the thread, spent night having salmon-sex, either didn't sleep or got three hours worth, and started posting.
    Don't be skeptical of an energy drug providing energy. Takes a while trying it for the next day to become a shït day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

The drugs don't work, they just make you worse but I know we'll see your threads again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

How did u get on with your pills? Did you do the knacker dance?;):p

Advertisement