Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying 4 Camera System Next Week Budget E600 tops, DIY Install

Options
  • 15-04-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I want to buy a 4 camera system next week, Saw some in Maplins but would rather pick up something recommended by the lads on here from one of the suppliers in the sticky. Would anyone make a suggestion what i should be ordering. Was thinking of something along the lines of one of these.

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/compare/64/65/417

Can I pick up the equivalent of this in Ireland, wouldnt mind paying a bit extra to keep the money in the local economy.

Want to be able to view on internet and Smartphone.
    Recordable.(up to a few days memory)
    Decent Night Vision but not military grade

Budget of 600 Euro
    Also will a standard Flat screen tv do or Computer flatscreen lcd? I have spare of each or do i need a special monitor.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at the suppliers sticky here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

In particular
    CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

Would have some good deals on kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

KoolKid wrote: »
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

In particular
    CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

Would have some good deals on kits.

grand should i just tell them my budget 600 and ask them for a corresponding kit? Also do i need a monitor from them or will my spare lcd computer screen do or a flat screen lcd tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

grand should i just tell them my budget 600 and ask them for a corresponding kit? Also do i need a monitor from them or will my spare lcd computer screen do or a flat screen lcd tv?

They have many kits with or without a monitor. You computer screen will do fine. Ask for Ken, very helpful and more helpful if you tell him you got his details off boards.ie :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

LCD PC monitor will do in most cases. Just make sure & ask if it has VGA output.
    Yeah say roughly what you want to spend & don't be afraid to haggle.
    Ask for Ken in there.

Advertisement