Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we used to measure the bump by squares of tissue paper:)
    Wrap it around your bump and count the pieces:)
    I will measure tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

LOVE the toilet tissue method, which brings me to 8 at the start of month 6.

Belly measures 110 cm (43 inches) around, that's about 20 cm bigger than pre-pregnancy, with a weight gain of approx. 7 kg (15 lb) so far! I feel massive and find it hard to imagine that this is only the start of it in terms of belly growth ...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

had my scan today,was really cool, everything was perfect ;)
    ive lost weight since i got pregnant, same happened on my first,

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi all,

Havent been on in a while, we were away on our babymoon! Can no more afford it but we both needed a break!

Feeling quite tired again this week, have been having restless nights for some reason, maybe the heat?

Babs is kicking away, feels like kung fu chops sometimes love it ha ha!!

Starting to do a list of what we need to get, have got nada so far, getting a loan of moses basket and travel system (apart from the part with the wheels, hope we can buy that somewhere?) and some other things too. How are you all getting along with your purchases?

Started antenatal classes so that was good to get your head around things, although the first class seemed to cover all the health problems you can get, bit of a negative side to things but needs to be covered!

Anyway hope everyone is doing well, its really flying by isnt it, feels like time is running away on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hey Ladies and bumps

No clue what my pre-pregnancy measurements were but all i know is that im much bigger!! no hope of my other pants fitting! Infact, since I had the scan tuesday I've gotten noticabley bigger!! I went to lunch with a girlfriend yesterday and she said when she walked up to me that she nearly didn't recognize me my stomach had gotten so much bigger in two days :eek:

Just weighed myself as well- how depressing haha! I've gained a little over a stone since my first trimester....well if that doesn't motivate me to eat a little healthier!

Went to penney's yesterday and picked up a somewhat baggy dress to wear with tights and a sweater...hoping I can just get away with picking up small bits like that here and there until baby comes because I can't stand the thought of only having one or two pairs ofpants to wear or of buying more pants than that haha!

We have gotten most of the big stuff ourselves. We dont really have anyone to pass much to us and we figured we might as well pick it up as we had the money and now we are just going to wait and see what family and friends will get us (hoping for small bits like clothes) and then we will fill in the gaps! I was planning on buying a graco swing/bouncer! Looks super handy and I figure i can keep it downstairs for baby to sleep in during the day? Thats how its normally done in the states as far as i can remember....

anybody have any reccomendations of things they found super useful or things that others have told them are must buys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

Hi all,

Havent been on in a while, we were away on our babymoon! Can no more afford it but we both needed a break!

Feeling quite tired again this week, have been having restless nights for some reason, maybe the heat?

Babs is kicking away, feels like kung fu chops sometimes love it ha ha!!

Starting to do a list of what we need to get, have got nada so far, getting a loan of moses basket and travel system (apart from the part with the wheels, hope we can buy that somewhere?) and some other things too. How are you all getting along with your purchases?

Started antenatal classes so that was good to get your head around things, although the first class seemed to cover all the health problems you can get, bit of a negative side to things but needs to be covered!

Anyway hope everyone is doing well, its really flying by isnt it, feels like time is running away on me!

i know what you mean the time is flying by ive my 7th month scan coming up soon on the 17th of sept,we're asking if its a girl or a boy,myself hubbie n my daughter wanna know what it is but we're not getting any pinks or blues in n ive told everyone not to as well till the baby is born,if they do there in trubble if they do,i even have the god parents pickd out my sister n her hubbie as the god parents they were told when i found out i was pregnant that id like them to be the god parents there over the moon,still have lots to get in for the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Had my 22 week anomaly scan today, very emotional finally copped that there's an actual baby in there, got a gorgeous 3d pic of the little face as well, still welling up!

jeni wrote: »
    had my scan today,was really cool, everything was perfect ;)
    ive lost weight since i got pregnant, same happened on my first,

You've most weight??? You lucky lucky thing!!! Great news on you're scan :)

Piper101 wrote: »
    Had my 22 week anomaly scan today, very emotional finally copped that there's an actual baby in there, got a gorgeous 3d pic of the little face as well, still welling up!

Isn't it amazing? seeing the little face makes it so much more real! It was hitting me today at work that i have a little person inside of me...made me feel so much more connected to him!

Happy that everyone has been having thier scans and all is well....time is really flying! 25 weeks tomorrow!! I cant believe its the end of august as well.....is it just me or is time speeding up??

Rachineire wrote: »
    Hey Ladies and bumps

No clue what my pre-pregnancy measurements were but all i know is that im much bigger!! no hope of my other pants fitting! Infact, since I had the scan tuesday I've gotten noticabley bigger!! I went to lunch with a girlfriend yesterday and she said when she walked up to me that she nearly didn't recognize me my stomach had gotten so much bigger in two days :eek:

Just weighed myself as well- how depressing haha! I've gained a little over a stone since my first trimester....well if that doesn't motivate me to eat a little healthier!

Went to penney's yesterday and picked up a somewhat baggy dress to wear with tights and a sweater...hoping I can just get away with picking up small bits like that here and there until baby comes because I can't stand the thought of only having one or two pairs ofpants to wear or of buying more pants than that haha!

We have gotten most of the big stuff ourselves. We dont really have anyone to pass much to us and we figured we might as well pick it up as we had the money and now we are just going to wait and see what family and friends will get us (hoping for small bits like clothes) and then we will fill in the gaps! I was planning on buying a graco swing/bouncer! Looks super handy and I figure i can keep it downstairs for baby to sleep in during the day? Thats how its normally done in the states as far as i can remember....

anybody have any reccomendations of things they found super useful or things that others have told them are must buys?

Don't know about letting baby's sleep in a bouncer all the time Hun, I remember hearing that your not supposed to let baba sleep in a car seat for too long as its not good for their backs, that it's better to let them lay flat, don't take that as gospel now I could be wrong, and there was many a time my lil one slept in her swing ;)

On my first I used to let her sleep in her buggy that lay down flat, down stairs, and then Moses basket upstairs, just so she knew the difference between night and day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Babys sleep a lot during the day and once the bouncer goes flat it should be ok for a nap but you can use your pram or travel cot too.

yeah i find the entire what can baby sleep in during the day thing to be slightly confusing! We are planning to use our carrycot as a moses basket (its the uppababy one so its approved for overnight sleeping and we are going to buy the moses basket frame seperate) but I wanted something else besides the carrycot that baby could take little naps in. I must ask a few friends in the states if they do ever let thier babies sleep in them. I'm pretty sure they do recline flat for daysleeping I can't be 100% sure though (baby brain) but surely if the baby fell asleep in the swing I won't be picking him straight out to put him in the cot haha! :)

I used to bring the bouncer everywhere with us.
    To peoples houses,restaurants and let her play and nap in it. She loved it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

I'm sadly signing out of the December club, lost my baby girl last week at 22+5 due to high temperature caused by a UTI. Will miss checking up on everybodys progress but am finding it too painful at the moment. May feel brave enough after a while. All the best to everyone, hope you will pray for us, it's been a tough week and will remain tough for some time to come xxx

mugbags wrote: »
    I'm sadly signing out of the December club, lost my baby girl last week at 22+5 due to high temperature caused by a UTI. Will miss checking up on everybodys progress but am finding it too painful at the moment. May feel brave enough after a while. All the best to everyone, hope you will pray for us, it's been a tough week and will remain tough for some time to come xxx

So so sorry to hear that:( I did not even know that it was possible.
    *huge hugs*

im so so sorry hun, i know words wont help right now, my thoughts go out to you, stay strong but dont be afraid to let it all out, xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Mugbags so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. Sincere condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Mugbags - sincere condolences. Hope you egt all the support you need to see you through.

mugbags, I'm so so sorry for you loss. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Mugbags so very sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you, your family and your angel in heaven.

• Advertisement

Got such a fright when I read about mugsbags lasts night that I couldn't post, im so so sorry, my heart goes out to you, I can't imagine how hard it is, take care of yourself x

very very sorry for your loss mugbags, hope you will get a lot of support and find a lot of strength in this sad time

I can finally see the little kicks:) it was after drinking cold fizzy orange but still:)

aww moonbeam that is great :)

I can see them every now and then, but the other day I had to eat chocolate to make baba dance and OH was able to feel it for the first time (I still have to call it dancing, it just doesn't feel like actual kicking).

I can see them every so often as well! its more like my stomach jumps than anything! my OH hasnt felt anything yet really...they dont seem consistant enough. As soon as he puts his hands on my stomach little baby quiets up!

where is everyone in the maternity benefit process?

Baby went calm instantly when daddy's hand went to the belly for weeks, we were trying often and the only time it worked was with the chocolate trick.

Re the maternity benefit process, I have the form more or less filled out apart from the section for the GP, am 24 weeks today and going to keep my 24 week appointment to the end of the week so that he can fill it out while I'm there and I don't have to go there twice. Called their helpline yesterday because I needed some info re a few questions and your one on the phone was rather unfriendly, avoid calling if you can just to not get a mother-to-be arrrgh moment ;)

xiwang wrote: »
    Baby went calm instantly when daddy's hand went to the belly for weeks, we were trying often and the only time it worked was with the chocolate trick.

Re the maternity benefit process, I have the form more or less filled out apart from the section for the GP, am 24 weeks today and going to keep my 24 week appointment to the end of the week so that he can fill it out while I'm there and I don't have to go there twice. Called their helpline yesterday because I needed some info re a few questions and your one on the phone was rather unfriendly, avoid calling if you can just to not get a mother-to-be arrrgh moment ;)

thats good! I'm starting to get a little nervous about it! I sent my forms off to HR at work a month ago and still havn't gotten them back :( I'm 25 weeks now and want to go to my doctor and get it all sorted. I have a few documents I have to get certified to send off with it as well so im nervous that i wont get it sent off in time! money is the last thing i want to be worrying about at christmas with a new baby and my family coming overseas to visit us!

thanks for the advice, I definitely won't give them a call then haha! Based on every experience i've had with the health board and social welfare I wouldn't imagine they would be very congratulatory or helpful! I was thinking of dropping into citizens information, they always seem to be efficent if nothing else!

I am self employed so I should get a move on.
    Need to print it and get it signed by the Doc.

If you sent the stuff to HR you should be fine, just try and give someone in HR a little reminder, as in you're going to see your doctor next week and would like him to fill out his part, maybe that'll make them hurry up a bit (it might be they did not realise someone else has to do something with it, too).

But I defo would not panic at this point, you have loads of time left because you only need to send it in 6 weeks before you want to take your leave, so you have about a month or so left to sort out having the other stuff certified. I'm self-employed so I need to send mine in 12 weeks before my leave, which really doesn't leave a lot of time, basically have to send mine off on Monday at the latest.

Moonbeam, are you sending a Notice of Assessment AND the P35 with it? Do you think I can get away with only sending the Notice of Assessment (no idea where and how to obtain the P35, it is my understanding that I send it to Revenue and they keep it)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

im so sorry to hear of ur loss mugbags.

Advertisement