Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

At what stage are everyone seeing the kicks? I'm nearly 23 weeks and although movement is far more regular than it has been I'm definitely not seeing anything yet! Can't wait though!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Hi ladies,
    Would you mind if i joined your little group too. Due date is 01/01/2013 so only out by a day.

At the mo i have a low lying placenta (being rechecked at 34 weeks to determine position and to see if im elective section in December) and i injured my pelvis a month ago and have been on crutches ever since, in and out to physio every week or so - so i wasnt sure if that would also affect going natural or not too.
    So i thought i would keep up to date with ye too aswell as the Jan thread... im very greedy being on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Maternity Benefit.... aghh I have done nothing, this pregnancy is moving way faster than my disorganised mind can cope with!! Where do we get the forms? from work or Social Welfare? is there a time limit?

Welcome Princessa, I am also in the low lying placenta quotient, hopefully we will be among the 90% whose placenta move up as the uterus grows. Poor you on crutches.

Baby kicks can be seen here too (only occasionaly, and more like my belly jumps too) and can be felt by my OH... its lovely.

Did they tell you at the 21 week scan too scrgirl? Yeah the midwife was lovely she was like theres no point in worrying about it, if it moves up thats great and if it doesnt you will be sectioned before your due date. Worrying isnt going to change it. Shes right so im kind of trying to push it out of my mind until close to the 30 week mark when il be scanned again. You getting any pressure with the placenta being low?

Yeah i look so funny - hobbling around on crutches with a belly thats expanding every day it seems. 22 weeks now. Cant belive how fast its going.

Do you have a HR dept in your place of work? They can help you sort out your maternity leave.

Yep at the 20 week scan they noticed it. I got the same reassurance you did and my midwife at the gp I see was the same very relaxed about it so I'm opting not to think or worry about it until we see at 32 week scan. I don't know if I feel any pressure down low. I get very sharp pains sometimes but I put that down to round ligament pain. Do u feel any pressure? What does it feel like?

Yes I have hr dept. will get on to them ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

At my 3d scan he told me my placenta was a little low too but not to worry if it hasn't moved up by my 31 week scan that's the time they will get concerned!

Rachineire wrote: »
    At my 3d scan he told me my placenta was a little low too but not to worry if it hasn't moved up by my 31 week scan that's the time they will get concerned!
    Another one! Seems pretty common yet placenta praevia is rare enough so we should be good fingers crossed :)

Yeah i get a bit of pressure down there when i stand for too long, but my Gp thinks that its more that the pelvis is injured, babys head is down in the pelvis too for whatever reason so it could be that thats making me a bit uncomfortable and causing a pressure sensation. Its only really when i know ive done too much so i doubt it has to do with the low placenta.

Yeah theres nothing they can do at this point as they dont know what way its going to go, she showed it to me at the scan, baby was using it as its own little pillow ha.:D

I went in for a scan at 20 weeks due to the midwife being a bit worried and at that stage I was told I had a low lying placenta and baby was breech, 2 weeks later at the anomaly baby had turned and is head down and the low placenta wasnt mentioned, I think a lot of them move up! 23 weeks on Thursday!

Ps welcome princessa! :)

• Advertisement

Piper101 wrote: »
    Ps welcome princessa! :)

Thank you very much. Oh thats great Piper101. Yeah they told my sister her placenta was low lying too and then at the 34 week scan they said it was perfect, a woman in work had the same complaint on her first child and it turned too.

Eeeck 23 weeks, only 5 weeks and you will be graduating into trimester 3.

Well you're only 6 days behind me! I'm 27th dec :)

Yup i am 22 weeks today. So exciting. My mum said anytime after stephens day is fine to go into labour :D. She told me to try not miss the excitment of christmas eve and christmas day. The midwifes at my last scan told me to come into them in labour for the new years eve firework :D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Princessa wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    Would you mind if i joined your little group too. Due date is 01/01/2013 so only out by a day.

At the mo i have a low lying placenta (being rechecked at 34 weeks to determine position and to see if im elective section in December) and i injured my pelvis a month ago and have been on crutches ever since, in and out to physio every week or so - so i wasnt sure if that would also affect going natural or not too.
    So i thought i would keep up to date with ye too aswell as the Jan thread... im very greedy being on both.

Welcome:)
    My 3 year old is a 1st of Jan baby,it is a great birthday:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

scrgirl wrote: »
    Maternity Benefit.... aghh I have done nothing, this pregnancy is moving way faster than my disorganised mind can cope with!! Where do we get the forms? from work or Social Welfare? is there a time limit?

Welcome Princessa, I am also in the low lying placenta quotient, hopefully we will be among the 90% whose placenta move up as the uterus grows. Poor you on crutches.

Baby kicks can be seen here too (only occasionaly, and more like my belly jumps too) and can be felt by my OH... its lovely.

Print out an MB10 form and fill it out,get work to sign it and your gp needs to sign it too.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Welcome:)
    My 3 year old is a 1st of Jan baby,it is a great birthday:)

Oooh you had one of the first babies of the year moonbeam, did you get your picture in the paper? :D:D:D

She was born at 6am in Holles St so there had been plenty:)
    I did hear the 1st few being born though
    My 2nd is 22 Jan and I am due 29th Dec so another possible Jan birthday.
    Both girls were early though:)
    For GAA playing purposes 1st Jan is a great birthday:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    For GAA playing purposes 1st Jan is a great birthday:)

Ha ha i never thought of that Moonbeam :D

How is everybody feeling? Anyone have any nice plans for the weekend or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Welcome Princessa! Don't think it's greedy you are in the Jan and Dec thread, I think I would do the same if my due date wasn't right in the middle of December.

Had a very emotional morning - a WWII bomb was found in my home town and the detonation didn't go too well (no one injured but loads of damage), and then I found a cover version of a song I really like and for some reason THAT made me cry for an hour. Didn't have a super-emotional day in about two months so this was a bit weird.

xiwang wrote: »
    Welcome Princessa! Don't think it's greedy you are in the Jan and Dec thread, I think I would do the same if my due date wasn't right in the middle of December.

Had a very emotional morning - a WWII bomb was found in my home town and the detonation didn't go too well (no one injured but loads of damage), and then I found a cover version of a song I really like and for some reason THAT made me cry for an hour. Didn't have a super-emotional day in about two months so this was a bit weird.
    I haven't been over emotional much BUT I'm watching every episode of one born every minute and from here to maternity and I bawl every time a baby is born! My oh refuses to watch them with me at this stage!!

• Advertisement

haha I only watch them while pregnant so my sky box is full of the recordings:)
    They make me too broody otherwise.
    I ball too:)

One born every minute doesn't make me cry but here to maternity gets me everytime!! I'm feeling heavy, dull and tired!! There are a few things going on this weekend but I honestly feel like staying in and ignoring the world! Invitations out are few and far these days though...sigh! We are moving house next week....can't wait for that to be all over and done with!

Ladies theres another midwifery show on BBC1, its very good too, i watch them all. I am driving the OH mad ha ha.

Im due to do a placement in the neonatal department when im 35-37weeks. I hope i am strong enough for it, last thing anybody needs is me blubbering in there.

Hope you feel better soon xiwang, its ok to cry and let it all out. You have a million and one crazy hormones circulating around you at the moment. If you are a chocolate lover like myself... tea and galaxy cookie crumbles helps the blues ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

That's what's wrong then, didn't have any chocolate yesterday!! Will make sure not to make that mistake again :D

No more chocolate for me anyway! My skin is as bad as its been since i was a teenager, any advice welcomed! Although did find some Lindt dark choc with coconut the other day, amazing! And not nearly as bad as milk or regular choc

Rachineire that'll pass, I have those days that I just want to shut the door and lock the world out, wish the baby was nearly here! Spend some time with your oh before winter sets in

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

was reading my book 50 shades of grey last night in bed n my book went out of my hand we the three kicks i got in the same spot,my daughter put her head to my tummie n the baby kickd her in the ear lol,she loved it hearing her brother or sister moving n kicking in about in my tummie,my hubbie n my daughter or starting to feel the kicks n all more now than before they couldnt really feel it,have my doctors appointment today to see how the baby is getting on n how i im doing n in two weeks i have my 7 month scan,i cant believe how fast this pregnancy has gone it was the same on my daughter but for some reason it feels like its gone really fast 7 months is here soon n il only have two months left to go yeah.

Piper101 wrote: »
    Rachineire that'll pass, I have those days that I just want to shut the door and lock the world out, wish the baby was nearly here! Spend some time with your oh before winter sets in
    Thanks piper...I feel so torn sometimes- I want to see people while I can but I want to also stay at home and curl up on the sofa! I think I might take the next week for myself hehe! We are planning a babymoon for October. Our 3 year anniversary is at the start of November and we havnt done anything for ourselves in a very long time! I can't wait!!

Irishrose when are you due I can't remember! I'm 25 weeks this week and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. Last night I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and couldn't fall back to sleep! Early bed time for me tonight!!

Rachineire wrote: »
    Thanks piper...I feel so torn sometimes- I want to see people while I can but I want to also stay at home and curl up on the sofa! I think I might take the next week for myself hehe! We are planning a babymoon for October. Our 3 year anniversary is at the start of November and we havnt done anything for ourselves in a very long time! I can't wait!!

Irishrose when are you due I can't remember! I'm 25 weeks this week and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. Last night I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and couldn't fall back to sleep! Early bed time for me tonight!!

I know exactly how you feel, I just want to stay in too, the idea of being in a pub having one miserable glass of wine while everyone else throws them back is not appealing at all! I have only been out a couple of times this pregnancy. BBQ's and dinners I can just about do and there have been plenty of them, I'm glad the summer is over so I can just stay in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

due the 2nd of dec rachineire,all went well at the doc said babys head is down n all is well but just try n not have to much sugar as its showd up in the sample,so thats all good back to them in four weeks just cant wait for two weeks time baby scan gonna get pics of baby off them to show my little girl as she'll be in school when i get the scan done.

Advertisement