Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

the odd time the baby stops kicking moving when hubbie n my daughter put there hand on my tummie,but when they do feel the kicks n all its like wow do it again they ask the baby,tummie is hard most times n then the odd time it can be saft its only normal the more baby gets into place for been born.dont like the odd smack down there sometimes you feel as if you have to go the loo with the odd smack down there,anyone else feel like that the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

When i have to pee - I HAVE to pee!! Im so uncomfortable, im dreading the thrid trimester when baby will be even heavier on my bladder, im already running to the loo all the time.

My little girl is two and a half, three in Nov, she is utterly fascinated by the kicks. She gets so excited, she like "Ahhhh my brother-sister (as she calls baby) kicked me", then she sits and waits for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I feel like I'm being stretched to my limits physically, particularly after I eat, wonder is this the beginning of things getting more and more uncomfortable.

Think I have the restless leg syndrome too, twitchy legs at night.

But I wont complain as I've sailed things so far!

Guineys is looking great for baby bargains on sheets, blankets etc. 10% sale online at the moment too ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I've been peeing constantly for about 2 weeks ever since baby went head down! I'm on antibiotics for a uti as well so if in doubt go to the doc get checked apparently theyre really common in pregnancy....

My crazy baby has gone quiet on me the last day or so, very worried but don't want to ring my hospital again, only hadu anomaly last week, thinking of sneakily buying a Doppler, the oh is dead set against getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I've actually let up on the peeing some...and strangely my back pain has eased up some...knock on wood that im not jinxing myself here....I think cause baby has moved up more its taken some pressure off my back!!

my stomach has been itching lots lately...lots of stretching. I'm also getting stretch marks. I've used the bio oil but i didnt expect it to work. I think i am just pre-dispositioned to get them. I get a stretch mark if i sneeze funny! I had plenty before and so i'm honestly not too bothered by getting them from pregnancy!

So far my baby goes through really active phases and then a couple of days where he doesnt move much at all! I'm guessing he is growing more those days and is sleeping a lot! I really wanted a doppler but my OH pretty much said he thinks thats a terrible idea because if i couldn't find the heartbeat or something I would be in a panic! (which is true...I tend to make myself very worried over the smallest of things!)

We are about to move next week...im trying very hard not to stress about the move and getting our deposit back on our old house and the switching over of the utilities. my OH said to pretty much let him handle it all which is probably for the best...my brain is complete mush these days. I'm really looking forward to getting into the new place and getting the nursery all set up though!! (and having a bathroom downstairs! climbing the stairs every half hour to pee gets old fast!)

• Advertisement

was sore yesterday n today baby is pushing its bum out at my side but at least it eases off after a while,head is down n baby is doing well,just abit sore at night whatever way baby is lying doing fine as its all part of pregnancy,hope everyone is doing fine

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Rachinere good look with the move, we are house hunting at the moment. Stuck in the recession trap have small house that can't sell as neg equity so looking to rent and rents are soo high it's shocking. This place would do but I want a garden and 3rd bedroom so really want to move. We found a place we rely loved but the landlord went with a "childless couple" our 1 child isn't even born yet! God love families of two or more looking its tough out there. It's amazing the nesting instinct that takes over I am compelled to move! Just want a nice family home in a decent area. Hope we find somewhere before I get too big to pack.

Irishrose I find it amazing how you can feel parts of the babies body and how it is positioned! I haven't a clue! What should I be looking out for?

Went to tony kealys yesterday even though I am getting a travel system from a friend, but now after seeing the supe dooper boogaboo and stokke ones I want a new one!!
    Baby is quieter these days too , hope it is because it's sleeping a lot due to growth my bump got much bigger this week. Im not sleeping great otherwise fine, no aches or pains no swelling and my piles are much improved!

Whats with all the lazy babies? Mine is much quieter the last few days too. My babys is head down too, couldnt see any of the facial structures at the 21 week scan there last week. I dont think i will stop peeing until baby is out ha ha ha.

I remember after i had my little girl thinking "Oh i dont have to pee every 20 mins now that shes here" :D

So ladies it is Sept already, we will notice the halloween stuff coming in at the end of the month, then once thats over it will be the buzz to christmas and the babies all the way :D:D:D.

How is everybody doing this sunday? I went to my aunts birthday get together last night. Had my first lie in in ages as the little one is at Nana's house.

scrgirl wrote: »
    Rachinere good look with the move, we are house hunting at the moment. Stuck in the recession trap have small house that can't sell as neg equity so looking to rent and rents are soo high it's shocking. This place would do but I want a garden and 3rd bedroom so really want to move. We found a place we rely loved but the landlord went with a "childless couple" our 1 child isn't even born yet! God love families of two or more looking its tough out there. It's amazing the nesting instinct that takes over I am compelled to move! Just want a nice family home in a decent area. Hope we find somewhere before I get too big to pack.

Irishrose I find it amazing how you can feel parts of the babies body and how it is positioned! I haven't a clue! What should I be looking out for?

Went to tony kealys yesterday even though I am getting a travel system from a friend, but now after seeing the supe dooper boogaboo and stokke ones I want a new one!!
    Baby is quieter these days too , hope it is because it's sleeping a lot due to growth my bump got much bigger this week. Im not sleeping great otherwise fine, no aches or pains no swelling and my piles are much improved!

i only know couse my doc told me what way the baby was lying scrgirl,we're hopen the baby stays down so far so good doc keeping an eye on us.you'l feel the head as you'l find it hard n sore when walking or getin down to pick something up plus the kicks get abit more than b4,the odd time you mite get a kick in ur side n the next it could be the top of ur tummie n the bottom of ur tummie at once,ask ur doc at ur next appointment what way the baby is n they will tell u n what to look out for.the bum feels different than a kick its not a kick at all its more pushing out ul feel with the bum ul know the differents between them.

i only know couse my doc told me what way the baby was lying scrgirl,we're hopen the baby stays down so far so good doc keeping an eye on us.you'l feel the head as you'l find it hard n sore when walking or getin down to pick something up plus the kicks get abit more than b4,the odd time you mite get a kick in ur side n the next it could be the top of ur tummie n the bottom of ur tummie at once,ask ur doc at ur next appointment what way the baby is n they will tell u n what to look out for.the bum feels different than a kick its not a kick at all its more pushing out ul feel with the bum ul know the differents between them.

I must get the doctor to show me as well Irishrose! I find it so confusing...sometimes i feel movement down really low and a few minutes later i get a kick up high! no clue what is where haha! I think im also scared to push my stomach too hard cause i might hurt the baby?

Well we are in the new house. I am NEVER moving again. or at least while pregnant. My poor body is in bits! I for some reason am convinced i can do way more than i actually can and end up overdoing it big time! I was getting a lot of braxton hicks while moving...they are not comfortable at all! I think im also in the middle of another growing spurt...I can tell because it feels like I've done a million sit-ups and my stomach will get very hard as well! Also getting plenty of stretch marks as well....yikes!

The next thing i have coming up is the GTT testing...anyone else had thiers yet?

• Advertisement

Does everybody have to have the gestational diabetes test? Nothing was mentioned to me about it but my sister was told about hers at her 21 week appointment and had it at 27/28 weeks. Im not back to the hospital till 29 weeks (Next month)...

Oh i know how you feel Rachineire, on our first pregnancy we moved when i was 31 weeks... Madness looking back on it. Uh it was terrible, once the house was sorted i felt like i had been hit by a train. I am like you too, im like yeah i can do this, il unpack the kitchen and the bedroom no bother... Uh you really cant keep going when you are pregnant. If i was ever to move again, i would try not stress as much and move slower. i remember just wanting everything sorted last time, wanted the baby room set up, my clothes sorted, kitchen sorted ha ha. Id def rope in more people to help too.

Look after yourself now. I had braxton hicks all day tuesday, OH asked if i wanted to ring the midwife or anything i said "No" but it was a biut off putting even though i know its normal, i didnt have them until after the 30 week mark on my first.

cant wait for the baby scan il be 30/31 weeks when im having the scan,i was never told anything bout gtt at all,everything is going well so far head is still down from what i know n still feels as if it is still down bloody hurts cant cross legs much as it hurts down there,need to have the bed covers tookd on my right side when i turn on that side as it hurts at night on that side down there,but hay just lets me know everything is going to plan.hope everyone is doing well n all scans went great for everyone.

my daughter cant wait to see the scan n for the baby to come,wish my daughter was here at home with me this week miss her big time when shes at school,plus its been a hard week for her this week with school starting again.

Are you having trouble walking upstairs too irishrose1981or is it just crossing the legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Awful pain yest up under my ribs, couldn't be the baby could it? Surely it's not that far up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Princessa wrote: »
    Does everybody have to have the gestational diabetes test? .

No, if you want one ask for it.

No i think i am ok moonbeam, its just a few people have said it, didnt know was it a given now that they were running the test on everybody.

Piper101 i had terrible rib pain on my first baby, they did check for gallstones with the u/sound machine but they said it was just the baby? That was a bit further on in the pregnancy though, think i was in the 30 week mark.

Do you feel like your bump is high? It could be sore as everything might be getting a bit squished until baby drops...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Piper101 wrote: »
    Awful pain yest up under my ribs, couldn't be the baby could it? Surely it's not that far up

I had the same only a few days ago, wondering is it our stomachs getting squished up?! Was after I ate might that have been the same for you Piper?

On serious buggy hunt today, really liked the Baby Beep Elegance Twist seems to be ticking all the boxes, have ye organised your travel systems?

have ye organised your travel systems?

We got the Maxi Cosi Mura and ordered the hard carrycot to go with it. Coming up to christmas i will be pushing it up and down the hall with a big bump and the pram completely empty :D.

Id love to start sorting out the babies room now but theres not much i can do on the crutches and the OH working mad hours lately so it will just have to wait for a little while longer. Sigh.

Ha ha ha my daughter is sitting beside me and she got a new Barney toy that sings when you press his tummy off Grandad yesterday. Everytime she presses it so he sings "I love you, you love me....." Baby gives me a right ole kick ha ha. Not a barney fan or a morning person. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

I'm getting a maxi cosi loola from a friend, but after a day of baby window shopping I really want a new one now! I love the 3 wheeler boogaboo chameleon very pricey though. also like the quinny buzz.

So how is everyone feeling? I am doing great during the day but nights are not great. Restless leg syndrome is very annoying and im finding it hard to sleep on my side, always wake up on my back despite all the pillows in the world proped around me to try prevent this! Any tips for sleeping?

• Advertisement

I've had loads of pain under my left rib as well...either baby or ogans getting squished up there...I've felt really high up kicks though! My legs have been super sore lately, I got terrible charly horses last night in both that had me waking up yelling and scaring the bejesus out of my OH!! Today I'm feelings tired and achy and overall unwell...wonder if it's the pregnancy or if I'm coming down with something?? Also we got the uppababy Vista...it was a package deal from tralee nursery store that came with maxi cosi car seat and easy fix base! We havnt had it delivered yet though...waiting until we get more situated in the new house!! I guess each hospital's different...in limerick I think the gtt testing is mandatory for everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Rib pain has just kicked in for me. Pretty uncomfortable. I had it at this stage on my first so I don't think it is unusual at this stage at all.

I have a quinny buzz which I am getting value for money from. It is a bit bulky and heavy though. If I was buying now I would go for something smaller and lighter. I have the maxi cosy car seat and base which still looks like new after two. Outside of new mattresses I am buying nothing this time round....

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

i remembet rib pain from my first, felt like baba was doing chin ups with them, but really everything in your body is moving up to make room for growing babs, n your ribs have to move to make room for it all

My goodness, these baby kicks are getting stronger by the day it feels. My whole tummy moves. :D

Look after yourself Rachineire, sounds like you are a bit misreable today.

Im a little bit more mobile today, i had physio on Friday where she tried to "fix me" and i think i only stopped crying yesterday from the pain of it. Im terrified to go back now. I was awake ALL night friday, it was dreadful.

Any body elses back getting a bit sore or just the ribs ladies?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Princessa wrote: »
    We got the Maxi Cosi Mura and ordered the hard carrycot to go with it. Coming up to christmas i will be pushing it up and down the hall with a big bump and the pram completely empty :D.

Id love to start sorting out the babies room now but theres not much i can do on the crutches and the OH working mad hours lately so it will just have to wait for a little while longer. Sigh.

Ha ha ha my daughter is sitting beside me and she got a new Barney toy that sings when you press his tummy off Grandad yesterday. Everytime she presses it so he sings "I love you, you love me....." Baby gives me a right ole kick ha ha. Not a barney fan or a morning person. :D

It is the best travel system ever:) I have one too used to for my 1st and being using doubles since.

I am getting way clumsier then usual:(
    no pain in the ribs yet but my hip is going andf my back is killing me:(

Oh thats great moonbeam, well it was one that me and the OH both liked and we got it on offer so we just snapped it up. Havent talked to anybody that had it so im thrilled now :D.

Im the same, no rib pain this time (so far), baby seems to be much lower, back has been getting really sore over the last week, everybody is commenting that i have just popped this week. Happened on my first too, i dunno what happens but im neat out then i wake up and i have a big bump out of nowhere ha ha.

My bump is huge though 3rd baby in 4 years would do that:)
    The baby is quite active and loves the sound of the 3 year olds voice.
    The 1 year old is convinced baba bump is everyone's tummy:)

I keep hitting bump off door handles and other things that I used ot be able to walk by!!

Ha ha awwwh thats so cute. Three babies over a four year period, you are a busy woman moonbeam. What do you have at home already? One if each?

I'm feeling much better today girls, I think I needed a day of lazing around the house...even slept in the morning for the first time in weeks!! :D just back from the doctors heard the heartbeat, nice and strong...doctor had trouble finding mine over the babies haha! My work lost all of my maternity benefit paperwork so I have to restart the process all over again...grr!!

But in other good news my OH will be setting up the nursery this week...so excited!!

• Advertisement

Rachineire i am super jelous.... id love if the OH would set up the nursery, think il start pestering him soon to get some paint and start setting it up. I scrubbed out the wardrobe in the spare room and ive been stocking up on baby bits and popping them in the wardrobe... Id love to just get the room organised though...

Advertisement