Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

hi girls,
    My first post here. Congrats to you all.
    Due 27th dec, but was late with both my other kids (11 & 8) by 2 weeks, so could be beginning jan.
    realy want to start naturally this time and maybe a little early.
    First term for me was awful, am now 24/25 weeks and only starting to feel good last few weeks. couldnt lift my head off pillow i was so tired and nausateated! Think that comes with being a bit older this time around.
    feeling great now, got all my outside painting done in good weather last week. feel great to have got something done.
    Legs give me terrible problems at night, (RLS) had that with both my babies and hip is bit rickity as i slipped on stair at about two month and it never got better but other than that i feel great.
    Am terrified this time round about the labour, cant watch an of those labour progs or i feel sick and dizzy. cant remember if i was like that last time as it was 8 year ago.
    Anyways best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Welcome mel1!

I'm also due dec 27th but it's my first so am blissfully unaware ;)

You poor thing! I thought my morning sickness was bad but I havent felt horrendous in at least three months thanks god!

I'm suffering from RLS as well, it's a disaster, have it in work most days but affects me the worst just when I settle down in the evening to watch a bit of telly....

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Welcome Mel1.

You poor thing, you had a terrible time with the morning sickness.

8 and 11, wow they must be so excited for a little brother/sister, they really understand whats going on.

Fair play to you for getting all the painting done. :D

Just dont go on the 24th of December or you will miss the excitement of christmas eve and christmas day :D,

Dont be scared, you have done it twice before and you will do it again. Not a bother to you.

Yes the girls are extreamly excited, particulary the oldest one, youngst ones nose was a little out of joint for a small while but was only to be expected. We are all fine now.:D
    As for the anxiety im sure all will be fine, like i said feel great last few weeks, its only when i think about it i get anxious.
    So what age bracket are most ladies here, being in my mid thirties i think its an awful lot harder to be pregnant than in mid twenties!
    Have been tryin for almost last four year to get pregnant again after a miscarraige and an eptopic, so feel blessed!
    God bless my gran, she had 14 kids and up into her fifties, dont know how she coped!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Welcome mel1! I'm 32.

• Advertisement

I'm 31! Anyone in the Dublin 15 area? Am the first of my friends to have a baby so would be nice to have someone to touch base with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hey girls- I'm 27 and living in limerick myself. A few friends here have babies but no one else is pregnant the same time as me! I'm American and have several friends in the states who will be having babies close to my due date though (all boys as well!)
    My OH and I finished cleaning our old house and doing all the last odds and ends...hopefully we get back a full deposit. Our previous landlord wasn't so great and I don't trust him a bit so I'm a little worried but I'm going to put it out of my mind! My body is absolutely wrecked though- I just can't do nearly as much these days!! I told my OH that I'm resting the rest of my pregnancy and just focusing on getting the nursery done and I'm going to start working on my hospital bags now!
    Rib pain is gone thank god! Baby pretty active though! He's kicking me as I type! :) what about everyone else?

So how are ye all doing?
    Im 34 btw, Feeling great now, off on hols to mallorca on monday. wanted to spend bit of time with older kids before new arrival to make sure they have no doubt that they be still important. Cant wait to see a bit of sunshine!
    Havnt bought a thing yet, but still have most of my old things, Cot, crib, changeing unit (which btw i think is the most handy peice of equip u could have, didnt have one for my first) it has a built in bath and nappy changer and u can wheel it around the house to where its most convient. New travel system is required as that got realy tatty from last one.
    Baby seem to have gone very quite last few days, was trashin about all the time but went for check up yest and all is fine, Another scan in 2 weeks, cant wait. I wonder does anyone bring there kids to scan or would it look a bit odd!
    Its nice that they are older now and we can share these things with them.:P and i think its good to keep them involved and informed. Im only hopeing not to get asked the dreaded Q about how it got in there, no ready for that conversation quite yet:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

im 31 and having our 2nd child in 2 months time scan on monday,trying to spend as much time as i can with my 5 yr old,sometimes it feels like she wants me doing things every sec of the day if her friend isnt there,tiredness is back,miss my daughter wish she was home from school right now n spend time with her thank god today is friday,shes been very tired since she going back to school its taken a lot out of her,hope we both have have a great day,think we'll look at a movie tonight just the two of us n have popcorn too just my gorgeous daughter n me mammy n daughter time.

IM HAVING A BABY!!!!!!...........

Sorry! I'm ok now :-o

• Advertisement

Piper101 i was like that the other day, my two year old was asking "What you doing mom, where are you going?" as i was just standing infront of the mirror looking at my bump and thinking how lucky i am that i get to experience a baby growing inside me. It just kind of hit me, i was like theres a little person growing inside me.

I started my third trimester today!! Can't believe I'm 2/3rds done!! I don't think the fact I have a person inside me has hit as strongly...maybe it's because it's my first? But I do get emotional when I look at certain clothes and think of him wearing them. Also my OH built the nursery last night and it looks amazing. I sat in it last night and it felt very real then!!

CANT WAIT till the nursery is done. On my first when it was done i remember just going in there and thinking oooooooh :D:D:D.

Third trimester already, ooooh congrats. Its so exciting. Time is flying ladies.

Heading into town to buy a coat that will close over the auld belly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

good luck with that, I was trying on size 18 things and when I had difficulty closing it I decided to buy a man's jacket instead - OH thinks it's ridiculous but it's actually very comfy and I think it could look worse on me. I might actually be able to wear it when the belly is gone for gardening or fishing or stupid things I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

xiwang wrote: »

good luck with that, I was trying on size 18 things and when I had difficulty closing it I decided to buy a man's jacket instead - OH thinks it's ridiculous but it's actually very comfy and I think it could look worse on me. I might actually be able to wear it when the belly is gone for gardening or fishing or stupid things I think.

Iv been on the look out for a coat too. I'm Not going to be able to get away with a denim jacket that closes only on one button for much longer!
    Havnt seen anything at all yet that isn't a) horrible b) costs a fortune.
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

Going to try and get through the winter with what I have....if I can't button or zip I'll be ok...mostly going from car to work/house/ shop or whatever!
    But if ye find any great deals give us a heads up!
    I'm going for my gtt testing in the morning....dreading it!! I HATE giving blood! Hope all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

keep an eye in new look and dorothy perkins, theyve had the best selection of summer, maby the come up trumps with winter maternity wear

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

hate moaning just having a time of it, every pregnancy cliche is wrong with me, heart burn, swelling hands n feet, low bp, morning sickness, emotional, my cool bump doubled in size in the last week making me really uncomfy, the list goes on, im so excira to meet my baby at the same time, guess im just feeling sorry for my self

jeni wrote: »
    hate moaning just having a time of it, every pregnancy cliche is wrong with me, heart burn, swelling hands n feet, low bp, morning sickness, emotional, my cool bump doubled in size in the last week making me really uncomfy, the list goes on, im so excira to meet my baby at the same time, guess im just feeling sorry for my self

I feel for you!! I don't even have all of that going on and I'm pretty uncomfortable so I can only imagine how your feeling! I hope you start feeling better soon...have a nice takeaway and something funny on the tv to distract yourself :)

• Advertisement

jeni wrote: »

I feel for you!! I don't even have all of that going on and I'm pretty uncomfortable so I can only imagine how your feeling! I hope you start feeling better soon...have a nice takeaway and something funny on the tv to distract yourself :)

Just had my gtt testing this morning...totally wrecked from it! The lucozade did not go down well and I nearly passed out during the second blood draw. That was ok though cause they put me in a little private room in the clinic to lie down after that to wait until the third test! :p I'm still feeling tired and shakey...will be lying down the rest of the day!
    Also they told me I've tested positive for the strep b and will need antibiotics during labor....must make sure it's not penicillin though since I'm allergic :(
    Also consultant had a hard time finding babys heartbeat...she was digging in with the wand so hard he kept on wiggling away from it as far as possible LOL! I wasn't too worried since he had been kicking like mad all morning. I did tell her she didn't have to press so hard though! I've bruises on my tummy showing up already from that!
    Was quite the morning...glad I don't go back in until beginning of Oct!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Had physio today for my hip,it feels better already:)
    SO tired,on Saturday my bump was huge and I was really wondering how on earth I would survive if it got bigger!!lol
    it was a long day!!!!

I am on my 3rd pregnancy and never had a proper maternity coat but I found buying big fleeces a life saver as the late stages of the last through were the 2 very bad winters!!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Had physio today for my hip,it feels better already:)
    SO tired,on Saturday my bump was huge and I was really wondering how on earth I would survive if it got bigger!!lol
    it was a long day!!!!

I am on my 3rd pregnancy and never had a proper maternity coat but I found buying big fleeces a life saver as the late stages of the last through were the 2 very bad winters!!
    Glad your hip is feeling better!! I know I can't imagine getting much bigger but I guess it's going to happen haha! I find I'm having a hard time reaching up and over for things...bump is getting in the way lol!

Big fleeces is a good idea! I also have some empire waisted coats that should be ok....if nothing else my bump will be hopefully deflating in January when it's getting really cold!

Tigerton wrote: »
    Iv been on the look out for a coat too. I'm Not going to be able to get away with a denim jacket that closes only on one button for much longer!
    Havnt seen anything at all yet that isn't a) horrible b) costs a fortune.
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

Had a look in Pennys, theres a few ones that button up top but not down bottom so they have some give for the belly but just not sure if they are warm enough for winter.

Rachineire sorry to hear you have that strep b, make sure they are well aware of your allergy to penicillen, think it was on here that I read someone was allergic and doc was about to give it to her only she realised? So you dont have diabetes? Do we all get the GTT test, hasnt been mentioned to me anyway?

Jeni hope you are feeling a bit better today, here is the place to moan anyways!

Is anyone else worried about the possible bad weather? Thoughts of having to drive to work or walk on icy roads heavily pregnant if happens is worrying me a bit or going to the hospital in bad weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

I am a bit worried about winter this year, I'm lucky enough I don't have to walk or drive to work but I remember the last winters when we had snow here ... so the thought of having to go to hospital through snowed up country roads is a bit of a nightmare alright, half an hour to the hospital without traffic or bad weather, and we don't have the 4x4 anymore since it broke down and no money to fix it atm, just hoping there won't be snow until I am back home with babs all warm and cuddled up!

I was only saying it to my sister on Sunday, im dreading if we have bad weather. Firstly the nightmare that it will be to get to the hospital and what not, but also the fact that, we are all going to have big bumps at that stage which already will make you waddle like a duck. Add ice to that occasion and i just see a nightmare. I feel very ungraceful at the moment and i only have a 25week bump to manoever.

I was thinking of going into penneys and picking up so really chunky cardigans and scarves to keep me warm for the winter, maternity jackets are either so expensive or ugly. I just dont think its worth it for nov and dec, dont think i needed to go into a jacket until end of oct last year. Although i dont know about ye but i have been feeling the cold the last two days i must say. Ha i feel so old saying that :D

14 weeks to Christmas btw ;)

hi everyone how is everyone doing,had my 29 week scan there yesterday all is fine baby is lying across my tummie but was told not to worry baby will turn again,was upset cos a week or two ago the baby was down n now its across my tummie,found out the sex of our baby as well,next scan in six weeeks time so gonna ask again to make sure the sex is right n no misstakes were made.

Not to worry Irishrose1981, they do so much moving about that hopefully she will flip right around again and be head down and ready to come out for you in 10-11weeks.

I took our little girl to a playworld place there the other day, and got taking to one of the other mums as the two little women played games.

She was saying that at the scan they told her it was a boy, so off she went bought blue blankets, babygrows and what not.
    On D Day out she pushes a little girl, she said she kept telling the midwife "No thats not my baby im having a boy".

I was shocked. Ive heard of a few people being told they are having a girl and the little willy was hiding and out pops a boy on the day and i can kind of understand how that mistake could be made.
    But i thought once they see a willy its kind of a given its a boy but she most def had a little girl. She was in shock for ages she said. She had opened all her blue bits and washed them in Fairy too in prep for the baby.

• Advertisement

both me n hubbie said no going out n getting blues or pinks untill the baby is born on the off chance they made a misstake,as its cream,white,green,yellow n brown ect for the time been, yeah princessa that happend to my sister on her 8 yr old son she was told he was a girl just as well she didnt get any pink stuff in at all,i couldnt believe it when she told me as i went to the hospital with her for her scan n two weeks before he was born she was told it was a boy n the told her that who ever told her the baby was a girl was wrong its a boy for sure she was having,so hopefully the sex is right what he told us,either way boy or girl we're happy main thing is both baby n me come out of it fine.

Advertisement