Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

That's crazy! You would think it would be hard to mistake a girl for a boy, I can understand a mistake happening the other way around though! Well we were told it was a boy and so we have boughten boy stuff...little to no blue though because I hate baby blue! My family in the states are buying lots of green, Brown orange and red haha! Even our car seat I got in a dark purple because I didn't want black or blue...so if a mistake was made I figure little girls can wear those colors and it will be ok :)

Our pram is paid off and I've ordered it and it will get here tomorrow...I'm so excited, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas...now I just have to figure out how in the world it goes together. You'd want a college degree in prams to figure them out!
    How are the December bumps? I'm getting very roundy and having a hard time getting comfortable at night! I must have woken up 10 times last night between the bathroom and turning over!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

im the same here rachineire with the bathroom,and all, baby kicking me all over at night and only stoping now but hay the more kicks the better they're just leting us know they're fine,it can be very sore at time its only because they need alot of room to move and are figuring out they're little home for the time been.

Another night of broken sleep...woke up at half 6 with a horrible Charlie horse in my left calf that had me screaming hobbling around the bedroom! My poor OH scared him to death! I've given up and am on the sofa watching bad tv. The joys of the third trimester. Looking forward to the aldi sale this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

yeah, I'm looking forward to checking out the Aldi offers later as well, it's always a bit of a day trip to do the shopping because we're so off the radar here, lol.

We went for our anniversary dinner last night and we both were really disappointed, the place is said to be the nicest in the county and it really wasn't that great, yer one told me depending on how strict I take my eating during pregnancy I can have all, otherwise maybe not have the shellfish, so I thought she'd just make sure in the kitchen for the other things.

Turns out after waiting between 30 and 40 minutes between each course (it was a taster menu with 8 of them) I was eventually served rare venison and at 10 at night, when they finally came around the coffee course they even charged extra for the decaf option. Really feel like ranting and complaining but at the time I was too wrecked, because we spent over 3.5 hours in there, at least two of which we did nothing but wait :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I forgot about the aldi sale i wonder will there be anything left in the morning if i get over for a nosey? Anybody pick up anything good?

• Advertisement

i think the baby mite have moved down again,i hope,but by god i am dying in pain with my sides with the baby running round,having a cough and headcold does'nt help makes you feel like crap.

Oh poor you Irishrose1981, esp when all you can really take to help your cold symptoms is paracetemol. I hope you feel better soon, i hope you get a full nights sleep, might help try fight the cold anyways.

whats this sale in aldi,i did'nt hear anything about it on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

I bought loads at the ALDI baby event today!Got lots of muslin cloths, short and long sleeved bodysuits in various sizes , babygros(sleepsuits) in various sizes, small tomee tipee food containers , tomee tipee drinking cups and some 0-6mth dummies!Just unpacked all the babygrows and vests now and the quality feels nice!Now to wash them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

whats this sale in aldi,i did'nt hear anything about it on tv.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week38Thursday12.htm?WT.z_src=main

• Advertisement

ah thanks princessa,ive stayd in doors for the past two day and had a fire lite and had vicks on and doc said i could take glycerine honey and lemon for the cough and lots to drink so i'l be ok.doc said it would pass soon,my poor little girl got it to from school and she has been out for two days because of it.

was in bad pain on monday night i taut i was going to pass out or head to hospital with the pain.i think the baby was turning around or something but it killed me big time the screams on me with the pain and the same happend there today at 8:30pm, my sides were killing me im fine now thank god.i hope everyone is ok and not in to much pain,my sister told me 2nd time round is very sore and so is the 3rd,thank god im only having the two im in so much pain now that im near the end of my pregnancy now.

The midwife same to me that the second and subsequent babies can be a bit more uncomfortable pregnancies. You body has had a previous pregnancy so apparently everything tends to loosen and stretch faster etc.

This is no2 for me too, the OH said no more - job done after two kiddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

xiwang wrote: »
    yeah, I'm looking forward to checking out the Aldi offers later as well, it's always a bit of a day trip to do the shopping because we're so off the radar here, lol.

We went for our anniversary dinner last night and we both were really disappointed, the place is said to be the nicest in the county and it really wasn't that great, yer one told me depending on how strict I take my eating during pregnancy I can have all, otherwise maybe not have the shellfish, so I thought she'd just make sure in the kitchen for the other things.

Turns out after waiting between 30 and 40 minutes between each course (it was a taster menu with 8 of them) I was eventually served rare venison and at 10 at night, when they finally came around the coffee course they even charged extra for the decaf option. Really feel like ranting and complaining but at the time I was too wrecked, because we spent over 3.5 hours in there, at least two of which we did nothing but wait :mad:

Soooo annoying, ring up n complain, I'm learning that recently, stick up for yourself, doesn't take a scientist to see you can't eat raw anything, tell them it ruins your anniversary and your rare night out n you were very upset leaving you had to calm down before you rang n said anything

Aw Irishrose I'm sorry your in so much pain!! And having a cold on top of it all no fun at all! I hope you start feeling better soon!
    I did the same littlemissteach- got lots at the sale...long sleeve, short sleeve, sleepsuits in both new baby and 0-3 and lots of muslin cloths and food storage pots and spoons and the socks and the thermometer as well! Thermometer is great, accurate, fast and I can put it in Fahrenheit! We spent quite a bit but got pretty much all of our basics and spent half of what we would spend at Tesco or dunnes!
    Also had our travel system delivered today!! We unpacked it all and it was great to try all the bits out....missing the car seat adapters though! Must call.them tomorrow :(
    I've had such an emotional day. I cried at least 3 times and shouted at my OH. I wasn't feeling the best and had Braxton hicks all morning...third trimester is wrecking me!

Rachineire wrote: »
    I've had such an emotional day. I cried at least 3 times and shouted at my OH. I wasn't feeling the best and had Braxton hicks all morning...third trimester is wrecking me!

I hope you are feeling a bit better Rachineire. Everybody has days like that, im sure the OH totally understands.

You should treat yourself to something small to cheer yourself up, even something from penneys or a nice foot soak maybe?

Princessa wrote: »

I hope you are feeling a bit better Rachineire. Everybody has days like that, im sure the OH totally understands.

You should treat yourself to something small to cheer yourself up, even something from penneys or a nice foot soak maybe?

Thanks princesa! Much better day today...got decent sleep last night and it has made me feel worlds better!
    I was super fed up over things I've been letting build up and so every little thing just pushed all my buttons and my poor.OH was caught in the line of fire! Thankfully he is a very patient person :)
    How is everyone today? Did lots of walking around town...was a gorgeous day...I'm wrecked now!

Isnt it great what a proper night sleep can do for you?

I was the same yesterday Rachineire. I strolled around town for a little bit with my little girl, she was looking at halloween costumes so we both had a great time. I was wrecked myself afterwards. She has decided she wants to be a pirate, a bee, a spider... Hmmm i wonder if i could combine all three. :p

I could paint my belly orange with two black triangles and a smile and be a pumpkin :D

How is everybody feeling today?

I think the OH is planning on taking me away for a night next week, really looking forward to it, think we just have to ask Nanny which is never a problem.

Going to write a list now today of all the bits i need and work on getting everything sorted soon. I hate being unorganised. Luckily my sister just had a baby four weeks ago, so she is keeping some white babygrows, mittens and hats for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Glad you are feeling better Rachineire a good nights sleep is a god send!

Princessa, a night away lovely!! We are heading away for our anniversary in a few weeks too, dying to eat sleep and swim!

Feeling grand today, going to potter round the house and take it easy. Think I need to listen to my body a bit more and calm down with the running around doing different things.

Just took a list of all the baby clothes etc I have, what do ye think?

10 muslin cloths
    10 IKEA wipe cloth thingys!
    2 cellular blankets
    2 moses basket fitted sheets (read somewhere people use pillow cases too?)
    3 hats
    2 pairs gloves
    2 hooded baby towels
    2 cardigans
    14 bibs
    2 newborn sleepsuits aka babygros right (feet are covered not hands)?
    3 0-3 sleepsuits
    8 newborn short sleeved vests
    5 vests for up to 1 month

Think I need more sleepsuits anyway. Mine dont cover the hands are they meant to?
    How about socks?
    By my reading of things the baby will be in vest and baby gros all the time day and night right?

Any tips or opinions appreciated!

Thats brilliant that you did an inventory funksoulsista, now you can see exactly what you have and what you need.

I would get another 6 x 0-3m babygrows. Babys pass a good but of meconium in the first few days and can have messy accidents etc. If you are bottle feeding they can be a bit sicky while they get used to the formula so you could be changing him/her a lot.

I only have 2 x newborn babygrows as my last baby was 8lbs 4 oz and she never really fit into newborn stuff so i just have two. I have 0-3m ones and if baby is small i will just roll up the sleeves or something.

You will also need one of those winter snow suits to take baby home in, Think they have them in Dunnes and Penneys.

You could pick up some socks if you were wanting to take baby home from hospital in a little outfit. Most people would not think of buying you socks so they wont go to waste as you prob wont get any pressies of them. I am going to pick up a few pairs of socks anyways. Tescos do little white folded one which are perfect. Only say them there today. I am actually going to go up to tescos and pic up a few bits and pieces soon. Really cute bits up there.

By my reading of things the baby will be in vest and baby gros all the time day and night right?

Yeah that is right, esp as it will be Dec and quite chilly. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Thanks Princessa, will pick up some more babygros and socks, tesco seems to be brilliant so far. Cant wait until babs is born to by non neutral stuff!

How prepared is everyone else feeling? Its really flying in now! I'm waiting to get this urge to nest, so far I've been lounging around!!

Glad you are feeling better Rachineire a good nights sleep is a god send!

Princessa, a night away lovely!! We are heading away for our anniversary in a few weeks too, dying to eat sleep and swim!

Feeling grand today, going to potter round the house and take it easy. Think I need to listen to my body a bit more and calm down with the running around doing different things.

Just took a list of all the baby clothes etc I have, what do ye think?

10 muslin cloths
    10 IKEA wipe cloth thingys!
    2 cellular blankets
    2 moses basket fitted sheets (read somewhere people use pillow cases too?)
    3 hats
    2 pairs gloves
    2 hooded baby towels
    2 cardigans
    14 bibs
    2 newborn sleepsuits aka babygros right (feet are covered not hands)?
    3 0-3 sleepsuits
    8 newborn short sleeved vests
    5 vests for up to 1 month

Think I need more sleepsuits anyway. Mine dont cover the hands are they meant to?
    How about socks?

Any tips or opinions appreciated!

I really must do this inventory of things! It looks like youve gotten a lot there! I would buy more of the vests...even the young age one. I have heard from so many people that in the first couple of weeks that you go through them like crazy between spit up and leaky nappies and the like. We bought a lot of vests, both long sleeved and short sleeved and we cant anticipate how warm or cool he will be or need to be. We also bought a good few sleep suits as i hear they live in them a lot at the beginning and the little outfits are a lot of hassle unless you are leaving the house or something. I got a bunch of socks as well. A lot of my clothes are footless and i know that baby will probably get cold toes being a winter baby. The socks at aldi were a steal at 1.99 for 5 pair. good quality as well! Maybe they still have some?

We picked up some scratch mitts ourselves (and got given a few) for the hospital. We have no hat or anything, nor a snowsuit but i will be buying one from dunnes or tesco (saw the CUTEST one in boots but it was 35 euro....no way im paying that!!) We havnt really boughten any blankets or anything, we are expecting that we will be getting these are presents. Just had a friend drop off a load of sheets and blankets and baby towels from her sister who had a baby last year or the year before...probably saved us quite a bit! i'm delighted! We ordered a bunch off of amazon this afternoon (baby matress, moses basket frame, changing mats and bag) and now im done for the most part. I'm going to wait and see what we are given from friends and family and whatever we still need we will pick up our bits and ends when im on maternity leave!

I still havn't started on my hospital bags though :rolleyes: Anyone else done this yet??

Also baby is moving but im not sure if i get 10 kicks in an hour. he moves, but it doesnt seem like a ton. I question if everything is ok, and just when i start to worry he wiggles or kicks. gah. its starting to eat at my mind!
    How was everyone's weekend?

Also i've been in nesting OVERDRIVE. We moved house and I went mad cleaning and organizing. my house is spotless and its driving my OH insane cause i won't rest. my mind is going a million miles an hour all the time it seems. I know i will be cursing myself later for not resting now but it keeps my anxiety at bay i think. For instance, I said I would have a lazy day today, but I went grocery shopping, made a cake, cleaned the house and did laundry and am cooking dinner now whilst doing boards and washing dishes. I think i sat down for an hour, and while I was doing that I was ordering the last bits off of amazon! I'm off the next two days and i say im going to rest and do nothing, but thats pretty unlikely knowing me! :P

baby is moving but im not sure if i get 10 kicks in an hour. he moves, but it doesnt seem like a ton. I question if everything is ok, and just when i start to worry he wiggles or kicks. gah. its starting to eat at my mind!

Rachineire i dont think i am getting 10 kicks an hour either, i get a few kicks but def not 10. I will mention it to them in the hospital when i am there on the 16th. I am getting kicks and movements so i am not too worried.

Ha ha my god rachineire you must be wrecked by the end of the day, im the same though. I am always pottering about and i hate when i have nothing to do. The OH said if i wasnt on the crutches that i would be like road runner running around :D.

I must do an inventory too. I wrote a little list of what i need and i told the OH we are picking up nappies and stuff soon and going christmas shopping ha ha. I want to be super organised and have nothing to do or get in Dec.

Oh that's good about the kicks. I mean I'm definitely getting consistant movement but not ten kicks every hour like the books say. Maybe I shouldnt read the books haha! He did something last night that really hurt inside!! Pulling his cord maybe?? Also I think I'm going through a growth spurt, which is why he is more quiet? I don't know but I feel HUGE and slow and uncomfortable...and I have 11 weeks left....wahhh!!

On a side note one of the consultants for the limerick maternity is here in my work randomly and I was looking at his hands and they are fecking HUGE!! Shovels more like! Would not to get an exam off him haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Mh, I read about kick counts yesterday again and the way I understood it was to check about twice a day, morning (slow phase) and evening (more active phase), and write down how long it takes for ten kicks, just as a marker to check against the next day and so on. I don't think the books I read said anything about ten kicks every hour, that seems loads, I definitely don't get that either. Also to the count you can add any type of movement you feel, be it flutter or kick, to get to the ten.

Today was the first time I did a kick count like this, I started the stopwatch when I felt the first kick and 17 minutes later I was at ten - but again, this definitely would not happen every hour.

Well that makes sense! I might try that tonight so!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am tired:(
    Had my 1st hospital appointment in the midwives clinic yesterday,they are lovely way better experience then the consultants:)
    The physio paid off my hip is now fine again:) Thankfully!!!
    Bump is very low so I am convinced it is a boy:) I was also convinced both of my girls were boys!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am tired:(
    Had my 1st hospital appointment in the midwives clinic yesterday,they are lovely way better experience then the consultants:)
    The physio paid off my hip is now fine again:) Thankfully!!!
    Bump is very low so I am convinced it is a boy:) I was also convinced both of my girls were boys!!lol

I'm with midwifes clinic in the Coombe. Amazing! No waiting, and she chatted with me for st least half an hour about birth plans, breathing techniques, breast feeding etc. very much on the same page as me encouraging a low intervention natural birth. I also had a 3d scan on my last visit last week so gorgeous. My baby looks just like me! The detail is amazing.

I'm smothered with a head cold and can feel my skin stretching apart from that feeling good and happy :) can't wait to finish work. The count down has begun!

Apart from a few tiny things for my hospital bag I still haven't bought anything. Should I really get started? I'm enclined to leave things to the last minute generally!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I had 2 low intervention natural births and am hoping for a 3rd. The pain is unreal but once you do not have a really fast labour it is fine.
    I had a tens machine the 2nd time,it was a good distraction but the pain was so bad not sure if it helped.
    I really want birthing pools available for the pain.

You should prob start looking at the essentials but no rush to buy yet but do it before 34 weeks or you will be too wrecked !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Havin great fun with my four year old she has so many questions, she told me tonight she will feed her baby brother or sister and help me find the dirty wind, but she is not doing poohey nappies, shes too cute

I then explained that the baby will be in mammy and daddies room for a while, cus some times baba wakes up for a bobby milk late at night, and its easier for me if baby was asleep in our room, she tought this was gas, but told me shed help with them when shes not in school next day

Sounds to me like she is all prepared to rare this child for me lol. ;) I havnt asked her to do any of this shes just so excited

Advertisement