Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My friends child was the same length and 11lb 4. He is a year younger then D and when she was 2 and he was 1 they were the same height:) He is still bigger then her but she is about 5 cm taller now.

Bump has being moving around and kicking like mad since yesterday evening..and the leg cramps started.

I should probably get the christmas shopping done now as there won't be a chance in December!!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Rachineire wrote: »
    her baby was 23 inches long and 11 lbs 8oz....!!!! I couldnt believe it!! The baby was enormous- looked like a toddler! I knew her bump was big but I don't think anyone was expecting him to be such a big boy!
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    My friends child was the same length and 11lb 4.

I should probably get the christmas shopping done now as there won't be a chance in December!!

Ladies i am truly terrified now!! Oh my god 11lbs babies. Were they sectioned if you dont mind me asking because holy moly. My first was 8lbs 4 oz and there was a point during the labour that i thought oh my god i seriously cant push this baby out....

Def going to start the christmas shopping soon too, might take the little one down to smyths today to get an idea what she would like for her birthday and christmas as the OH is back to work tomorrow :(.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nope ,she did have an epidural though!

I have been asking the girls what they want for christmas,one wants a surprise and the other a baby doll.

Asked herself too and it changes every day, she wanted a horse, now she wants a tractor. We are in a bit of a farm stage at the min, all the pictures she chooses to colour are farm based from her colouring book. :D

Sorry for the double posting. I have my 29 weeks apt next tuesday. Its my first hospital apt for the trimester. Just wondering what they do at it... Is it too soon to try talk to the consultant/reg about labour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

This girl had a c-section, I don't think she could have pushed him out!
    I never got the chance to ask questions about labour or anything at my last consultant appointment- they were very all business. In fact I still havnt met my own consultant! Hopefully you'll get some questions in princesa! I'm back in on November 5, what would be the type of questions to ask??

Christmas shopping, we havnt given it much thought at all really. We decided that we aren't giving each other anything as baby will be our present. And only one small thing for each family member, just don't have the finances this year! I hope they understand and there are no hurt feelings! My mom will be here for Christmas which is the best present for me :)
    We did however buy Christmas cards in penneys yesterday. They always have the nicest I think, you have to get them as soon as you see them though!

This girl had a c-section, I don't think she could have pushed him out!
    I never got the chance to ask questions about labour or anything at my last consultant appointment- they were very all business. In fact I still havnt met my own consultant! Hopefully you'll get some questions in princesa! I'm back in on November 5, what would be the type of questions to ask??

Christmas shopping, we havnt given it much thought at all really. We decided that we aren't giving each other anything as baby will be our present. And only one small thing for each family member, just don't have the finances this year! I hope they understand and there are no hurt feelings! My mom will be here for Christmas which is the best present for me :)
    We did however buy Christmas cards in penneys yesterday. They always have the nicest I think, you have to get them as soon as you see them though!

Princessa wrote: »
    Sorry for the double posting. I have my 29 weeks apt next tuesday. Its my first hospital apt for the trimester. Just wondering what they do at it... Is it too soon to try talk to the consultant/reg about labour?

If you are private no,if you are public see if they will discuss it with you but you are better making a birth plan and making sure your birthing partner knows it off by heart!! and the midwives will be lovely and listen to you in labour.

Every hospital appt is usualy the same they weigh you,check urine,feel the bump,take blood pressure and maybe a mini scan.

Princessa wrote: »

If you are private no,if you are public see if they will discuss it with you but you are better making a birth plan and making sure your birthing partner knows it off by heart!! and the midwives will be lovely and listen to you in labour.

Every hospital appt is usualy the same they weigh you,check urine,feel the bump,take blood pressure and maybe a mini scan.

I hate when they feel the bump- I always feel like they dig in so much!

Was wondering if we should start a due date list to keep track of everyone...times a ticking away!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

So hows everyone today.

Have tried everything i can think of for these darn leg cramps, drinking gallons of water all day everyday, bathing them in warm and cold baths, nothing working, finaly resorted to panadol (which doc told me to do if i got desperate) last night which did help but i felt real guilty about! Its amazing how much you forget about being pregnant, totaly forgot the leg cramps were the worst part of it for me last two time as well. Think this will be my last attempt at growing a baby.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Baby seems to be havin more quite time for longer periods lately, then moves for a while and goes back asleep.

As for xmas, not even thinking about it yet, love the convience of internet shopping and an O2 card. Never have to leave the sofa.:P

• Advertisement

mel1 wrote: »
    So hows everyone today.

Have tried everything i can think of for these darn leg cramps, drinking gallons of water all day everyday, bathing them in warm and cold baths, nothing working, finaly resorted to panadol (which doc told me to do if i got desperate) last night which did help but i felt real guilty about! Its amazing how much you forget about being pregnant, totaly forgot the leg cramps were the worst part of it for me last two time as well. Think this will be my last attempt at growing a baby.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Baby seems to be havin more quite time for longer periods lately, then moves for a while and goes back asleep.

As for xmas, not even thinking about it yet, love the convience of internet shopping and an O2 card. Never have to leave the sofa.:P

I get bad ones in my calves as well- I find that stretching them and putting a hot water bottle on the leg that tends to get them more really helps. Although nothing can stop them sometimes, just seem destined to happen!

Has anyone else had their belly button pop? Mine hasn't but it's very stretched and so sore! Even walking around makes it hurt!

Online shopping is the best isn't it? Half our baby stuff we got off Amazon.co.UK!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Ok so, had a look at the first few pages of the thread and not everything has their due dates up...think it's a great idea rachineire so here are the dates so far:

Jeni 28th
    Piper101 27th
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Scrgirl 19th
    Rachineire 15th
    Irishrose1981 2nd

Could everyone else add theirs please!

Ps my belly button hasn't popped but is flat and all stretched looking :-0

Piper101 wrote: »
    Ok so, had a look at the first few pages of the thread and not everything has their due dates up...think it's a great idea rachineire so here are the dates so far:

Jeni 28th
    Piper101 27th
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Scrgirl 19th
    Rachineire 11th
    Irishrose1981 2nd

Could everyone else add theirs please!

Ps my belly button hasn't popped but is flat and all stretched looking :-0

Thanks piper!! My date actually changed to the 15th if I ever get on my computer versus my phone I can make it look all official :D

Yes mine is very stretched- my poor stomach is already covered in stretch marks! I'm wondering if my stomach is so sore today from yesterday's scan- she was really digging into my bump!

Ha ha yeah I'm doing it from my phone as well as the laptop is broken....the midwife gave me an awful fright the last day digging into my tummy. Didn't even get a warning. I feel your pain!

Ps edited your date

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

My dates changed too, I'm the 14th :) eek that's just over 8 weeks!! Holy moly!!
    I was thinking Xmas shopping might be very minimal this year, not often we have an excuse like a baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Had my glucose check today, blood was drawn four times, also have my flu injection tomorrow, im planning on bringing my lil one swimming on thurs, ill probally just sink to the bottom with all the holes in me ;)

Nurses were lovely btw the organised my 29 week check for while i was there save me coming back, was just a check with doc, scan and home ;)

Ive a few crimbo pressies bought, all my four year old wants is barbie ice skates i keep telling her santa might not have them and she tells me dont be silly santa lives in north pole loads of ice and snow up there of course he has ice skates ;)

Ok finally got on my computer!

Here is the List- Would love it if everyone would add themselves on it or let me know and I will add on it- Lets do name, date and what we are having if we know it (I'm shamelessly stealing this from the other threads I've seen!)

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Piper101 27th
    Jeni 28th

Moonbeam, Princessa, Paster, Xiwang, Mel1 any others than I've left out, when are ye due?

Roll on december!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Jeni 28th

Put myself in the list there, I am taking the latest date they offered me, but every midwife, doctor and GP seems to have a different date ranging from the 17 to 21. I had my 28 week appointment with 29 weeks, everything seems to be a week late now, even if I make the GP appointments when I am supposed to the hospital keeps on putting me a week late...

In any case, I am 30 weeks now, have become a proper bulbosaur as OH lovingly calls me, and was informed that the hospital ONLY do the 20 week scan and that's it - so we won't find out about baby's gender.

Re the leg cramps, I personally only get them if I don't eat a banana every second day (three days without a banana and I cramp), and I try to do leg stretches most days before bed.

Did anyone hear back from social welfare re maternity benefit yet?

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) - Surprise.

Rachineire wrote: »
    Ok finally got on my computer!

Here is the List- Would love it if everyone would add themselves on it or let me know and I will add on it- Lets do name, date and what we are having if we know it (I'm shamelessly stealing this from the other threads I've seen!)

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Piper101 27th
    Jeni 28th

Moonbeam, Princessa, Paster, Xiwang, Mel1 any others than I've left out, when are ye due?

Roll on december!! :D

Mel1 - 27th

Must give the banana a go for cramps, yuck!

• Advertisement

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th

user_offline.pngreport.gif ~Thats better

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Just thinking bout the doc in the hospital, he was really funny, i was telling him bout my hands n feet swelling up and he said "sounds to me like your pregnant" then i was asking about the whooping cough injection id seen on the internet and he said "stop looking things up on. The internet " he was so funny

Jeni i worked with a Doctor like that last year. He used to hate women coming in all freaked out after they looked stuff up on the internet. And his fave comment was swelling is totally normal in pregnacy, its when you throw in high BP and protein in the urine that they are concerned. :D

Im the same, im forever looking stuff up on the net and i cant wait to pounce with questions.

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th

ANyone else having issues bending already?
    seriousy at this rate I don't have a hope of being able to put o a sock soon?
    My bump is realy low this time and is causing me issues,at the end with the other 2 it may have been this hard to bend but def not at 28 weeks!!

ANyone else having issues bending already?
    seriousy at this rate I don't have a hope of being able to put o a sock soon?
    My bump is realy low this time and is causing me issues,at the end with the other 2 it may have been this hard to bend but def not at 28 weeks!!

Me!!!! Im very low this time too, and im much bigger than on my first pregnancy. I cant really bend either to be honest. Socks are a nightmare, esp when you add the SPD and the bump getting bigger by the day. I will be getting the OH to put on my socks everyday soon. Might try train the 3 year old to do it. ;)

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th - girl!
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th

At 22 week scan was told they were 70% sure we were having a girl but had it confirmed on a gender scan which we only had cause oh has been overseas and missed all the scans!

Bending is a nightmare....can barely put my socks on!

My nearly three year old informed me tonight as i was putting her to bed that i could be a penguin as i waddle, waddle, waddle. :D

Oh I am right there with the bending over thing! He is so so low- head right against my cervix and there is tons of pressure! Getting on socks and shoes is a real struggle, forget shaving my legs! My OH is so good to help me shave my calves, poor man haha! Also I find getting into the car very uncomfortable, but getting out is ok! And getting off the sofa? I feel like a turtle on its back!! But I'm not really breathless at all and no heartburn (knock on wood) so I won't complain too much about it hehe!

• Advertisement

My 1 year old brings me my shoes:) she is hilarious.
    I will resort to wearing ugg boots soon,not because I like them but because there are no laces,
    The 3 year old is brilliant for picking up stuff I drop and knock so between them they are quite useful:)
    The 2 year old I mind loves the step ladder up to the changing unit:)

The heart burn was awful last week,it is better this week thankfully.
    I can not see my belly button anymore!

hmmm what to get baba bump/bump a lump for christmas..:)

Advertisement